blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:11:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 413751 times)
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: June 02, 2018, 09:01:08 AM »

The works council in Germany. They hold too much power and people hide behind them when it suits.

Example #1
Employ a company for a days testing, engineer arrives on site at 8:30am at 12 noon he announces he needs to leave work. Because including his travel time he has done more than his 8 hours and he cannot be forced to work overtime. Lol

Example #2
For the second time stuck in Berlin Tegel airport because the baggage handlers refuse to work in the rain. Last time this happened 3 hour delay FML

I find these examples quite surprising since we are constantly told that Germany's productivity is way better than ours, yet loads of their workers aren't putting in decent shifts?! Surely their organized nature, software, abilities etc cannot compensate for this?
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: June 02, 2018, 09:02:11 AM »

TV programme starts at 8pm and goes to an ad break at 8:05. Adverts last 6 minutes.

Then when they come back they are re-capping for the first minute  Roll Eyes
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2732 on: June 02, 2018, 01:11:42 PM »

TV programme starts at 8pm and goes to an ad break at 8:05. Adverts last 6 minutes.

Then when they come back they are re-capping for the first minute  Roll Eyes

Then they preview what you're going to see in the next 5 mins.

The older I get, the better I was.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: June 02, 2018, 03:15:11 PM »

The works council in Germany. They hold too much power and people hide behind them when it suits.

Example #1
Employ a company for a days testing, engineer arrives on site at 8:30am at 12 noon he announces he needs to leave work. Because including his travel time he has done more than his 8 hours and he cannot be forced to work overtime. Lol

Example #2
For the second time stuck in Berlin Tegel airport because the baggage handlers refuse to work in the rain. Last time this happened 3 hour delay FML

I find these examples quite surprising since we are constantly told that Germany's productivity is way better than ours, yet loads of their workers aren't putting in decent shifts?! Surely their organized nature, software, abilities etc cannot compensate for this?

I have worked in Germany for the best part of 4 years now and yes they can be very efficient but they hide behind the work council so much it can be crippling. The projects I run cost at least 25% more in Germany than in the UK.

My first project over i Frankfurt was budgeted for 9m euros, we started 15 months late and had used up the best part of 3m in design changes.

The UK engineers are far more helpful and willing to dig in, the German counterparts will only help if it has a direct benefit to them. They don't like taking direction from the UK team even though they have been doing this for a few years now.

Ah! The element of surprise
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: June 05, 2018, 03:20:09 PM »

The misreporting of RBS.  Apparently we have just lost two billon quid on the sale of RBS shares.  Here is a good example of the genre.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44366731

We haven't just lost 2 billion quid today, we lost it 10 years ago when we bailed out the bank. 

We cannot have that money back and now invest it in a people's bank, housing, hopspitals or whatever else.

That money that was invested in RBS has long gone, it has ceased to be.

We sold the shares at around the market price and raised about 2 billion quid.

We could hold on for an indeterminate number of years and likely get all the money back eventually...  or we can or use the money raised to invest now in a people's bank, housing, hospitals or whatever else. 

Funny how the very people who think that we should have bailed out RBS, now think we should be using that money elsewhere; and those that thought we should have invested it elsewhere, now think we should inveest it in RBS.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2735 on: June 05, 2018, 07:08:03 PM »

We haven't just lost 2 billion quid today, we lost it 10 years ago when we bailed out the bank. 

Back then, 2 billion quid was a lot of money.

The older I get, the better I was.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: June 05, 2018, 07:28:20 PM »

Example #1

Example #2

I have worked in Germany for the best part of 4 years now and yes they can be very efficient but they hide behind the work council so much it can be crippling. The projects I run cost at least 25% more in Germany than in the UK.

My first project over i Frankfurt was budgeted for 9m euros, we started 15 months late and had used up the best part of 3m in design changes.

The UK engineers are far more helpful and willing to dig in, the German counterparts will only help if it has a direct benefit to them. They don't like taking direction from the UK team even though they have been doing this for a few years now.

A couple of years ago I worked for a company that had a factory near Bremen. The management had to get permission from the council two weeks in advance if it wanted people to work overtime. Overtime virtually never happened.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: June 05, 2018, 08:34:06 PM »

Example #1

Example #2

A couple of years ago I worked for a company that had a factory near Bremen. The management had to get permission from the council two weeks in advance if it wanted people to work overtime. Overtime virtually never happened.

Yes we have the same problem. If anyone does do overtime they MUST take the time off in lieu within 3 months I believe. Oh and they still get paid for it.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: June 08, 2018, 05:35:10 PM »

Folk who apply for jobs and then go missing when you try and invite them for an interview.

Followed by folk who agree to an interview and then don't turn up for it.

No email, no call to politely inform, just go missing.

Nice one.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: June 12, 2018, 01:35:01 PM »

After agreeing on Friday morning to attend a meeting in Berlin at 9:00 am on Monday, flying in my own time on Sunday to get the meeting cancelled at 8:30am by the organiser because he doesn’t start work until 14:30 and won’t be available until Wednesday.

Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: June 23, 2018, 08:59:23 AM »

Red Bull Air Race.

It's on this weekend and the planes are making an absolute racket. Noise pollution affecting ~100k residents. Cunty overpriced drink too. It can fuck right off
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: July 25, 2018, 09:37:23 PM »

Love this time in football calendar with all the transfer movers & shakers

Completely ruined by £undisclosed, GTFO £undisclosed

Like Martin Luther King saying "I have a dream" "But would prefer that it remains undisclosed"

Yea well just don't mention the dream will ya Martin!!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: July 26, 2018, 06:10:44 PM »

When you're driving home from work, only to get caught up in a queue of about 10 people because some random knob has decided to stop to let a car turn right from a side junction to drive in the same direction as you.

Unfortunately for the arsehole at the front, he and everyone else are waiting for ages because the people driving in the other direction aren't being arseholes and are continuing to drive as normal down the road.

"Letting people out" should be banned.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: July 26, 2018, 08:24:30 PM »

When you're driving home from work, only to get caught up in a queue of about 10 people because some random knob has decided to stop to let a car turn right from a side junction to drive in the same direction as you.

Unfortunately for the arsehole at the front, he and everyone else are waiting for ages because the people driving in the other direction aren't being arseholes and are continuing to drive as normal down the road.

"Letting people out" should be banned.

Hard to moan at politeness but my pet hate is someone doing that when I'm the person in the side road waiting. In the right circs it's helpful but many times they are the only car on the road from that direction, it's not that busy and it disconcerts me that they don't drive like they're supposed to - often I'm not even looking at the bastardos because I've seen them coming and I just assume they're gonna drive properly - coupla seconds later and I look left again to see them sitting there waiting for me - ffs.

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: July 26, 2018, 08:28:47 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: