blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:50:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 413752 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: November 05, 2018, 11:48:29 AM »

Apparently ‘snowperson’ instead of snowman is the latest target of some PC wankers.

Everyone please ensure you give these people the biggest fk off possible if you encounter this BS. 

But a snowperson is made up of millions of snowflakes........

teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: November 05, 2018, 12:17:28 PM »

snowmxn, if you please. ty.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2822 on: November 05, 2018, 09:27:36 PM »

Snowperson.

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: November 06, 2018, 12:48:53 PM »

Conveyancers   

Mine and my wife's house purchase has been moving at a glacial pace, on Friday our case worker was off and I complained to them she had no cover - the person they then allocated finished pretty much everything off and sent the message to the other side confirming we want exchange by the end of this week and completion whenever they feel like it (it's vacant possession so we assumed ASAP would be their response).

Our case worker came back yesterday and as expected the other side now pushed it through... but she has told us that both my wife and I have to separately confirm, on the phone, in the morning, on the day of exchange that we agree to the exchange.

We're first time buyers so we don't know anything - but does that seem right? My wife is a teacher, she can't phone them before they open and it's difficult to phone them before lunch (in the afternoon) - basically she has to get someone to cover her lesson just to make a phone call.

Happy it's all coming to a close now but this seems weirdly excessive just to confirm we want what we've already told them by email.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2824 on: November 06, 2018, 01:04:40 PM »

Conveyancers   

Mine and my wife's house purchase has been moving at a glacial pace, on Friday our case worker was off and I complained to them she had no cover - the person they then allocated finished pretty much everything off and sent the message to the other side confirming we want exchange by the end of this week and completion whenever they feel like it (it's vacant possession so we assumed ASAP would be their response).

Our case worker came back yesterday and as expected the other side now pushed it through... but she has told us that both my wife and I have to separately confirm, on the phone, in the morning, on the day of exchange that we agree to the exchange.

We're first time buyers so we don't know anything - but does that seem right? My wife is a teacher, she can't phone them before they open and it's difficult to phone them before lunch (in the afternoon) - basically she has to get someone to cover her lesson just to make a phone call.

Happy it's all coming to a close now but this seems weirdly excessive just to confirm we want what we've already told them by email.

Warning, I know nothing about conveyancing.

I bought a plot of land and the conveyancers wanted a load of time and money to sort it out.

The vendor and I got into my car, drove to the land registry office, paid a small fee, (~£50) signed some papers, he have me the deeds, I gave him the money, job done in one afternoon.

Now I'm not saying you don't need conveyancers, but the hoops they make you jump through and the fees they charge are ridiculous and unnecessary.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: November 06, 2018, 01:21:42 PM »

Conveyancers   

I bought a plot of land and the conveyancers wanted a load of time and money to sort it out.

The vendor and I got into my car, drove to the land registry office, paid a small fee, (~£50) signed some papers, he have me the deeds, I gave him the money, job done in one afternoon.

Now I'm not saying you don't need conveyancers, but the hoops they make you jump through and the fees they charge are ridiculous and unnecessary.

My wife phoned them at lunch and the exchange was done in half an hour - which is great, but where did the "you have to phone in the morning" go to then?

The reason we needed a conveyancer was that they're the only one's who can apply for the Help to Buy ISA bonus's - except our bank closed our ISA's wrong and managed to put our closing balance was £0  thumbs up

Great work on all the house buying admin then - but we're very, very close to having a house and it's only then that we can decide how much we want to bother going back and complaining about everyone Cheesy

2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: November 06, 2018, 11:48:47 PM »

Week 1 of our amazing Black Friday deals is here...

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: November 07, 2018, 08:17:21 PM »

Conveyancers   

My wife phoned them at lunch and the exchange was done in half an hour - which is great, but where did the "you have to phone in the morning" go to then?

The reason we needed a conveyancer was that they're the only one's who can apply for the Help to Buy ISA bonus's - except our bank closed our ISA's wrong and managed to put our closing balance was £0  thumbs up

Great work on all the house buying admin then - but we're very, very close to having a house and it's only then that we can decide how much we want to bother going back and complaining about everyone Cheesy

Total pisstake on their behalf. Have never had to phone to say we agree to a purchase, that's what all the paperwork they make you fill in is for ffs.
I would be asking for a % of money back and asking for the extra time you have taken to sort this to be paid for.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: November 08, 2018, 07:43:29 AM »

Conveyancers   

Total pisstake on their behalf. Have never had to phone to say we agree to a purchase, that's what all the paperwork they make you fill in is for ffs.
I would be asking for a % of money back and asking for the extra time you have taken to sort this to be paid for.

The MD of my company has bought and sold dozens of houses with his wife (it was useful sideline for extra cash as the market has been rising) - he confirmed that he has rarely been asked to call to confirm the exchange (but a few places still do so) but he said his wife has never had to separately confirm as well. It's a joint purchase, the client is both of you not each one of you.

I have a copy of the handbook the Legal Ombudsman provides law firms for complaints handling and it does seem to quite easily fit into the definition they give for inconvenience and distress - but because it's only temporary (the length of the conveyancing process) and doesn't involve any financial loss the compensation suggested would only be about £200. We might have to decide whether it's worth the hassle.

2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: November 08, 2018, 08:05:25 AM »

Conveyancers   

The MD of my company has bought and sold dozens of houses with his wife (it was useful sideline for extra cash as the market has been rising) - he confirmed that he has rarely been asked to call to confirm the exchange (but a few places still do so) but he said his wife has never had to separately confirm as well. It's a joint purchase, the client is both of you not each one of you.

I have a copy of the handbook the Legal Ombudsman provides law firms for complaints handling and it does seem to quite easily fit into the definition they give for inconvenience and distress - but because it's only temporary (the length of the conveyancing process) and doesn't involve any financial loss the compensation suggested would only be about £200. We might have to decide whether it's worth the hassle.

Of course it’s worth the hassle. Not for the monetary gain, but to give the conveyancing farm some hassle of their own.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2830 on: November 15, 2018, 09:31:30 PM »

People who call cameras 'snappers'.

"This phone comes equipped with an excellent snapper"

Fuck off please.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: December 13, 2018, 02:34:18 PM »

Plane rant

When BA continue to get you on the plane on time, only to then announce flight after flight there will be a delay and we wont be moving for an hour(frozen wings/air traffic control/streaker/sparrow spotted on runway), why get us on just to sit in a seat, when we could still be in terminal spending?

When the person behind huffs and puffs when you take more than 2 seconds to gather your belongings from the overhead locker, so you let them pass as they claim to be in a rush only for you to overtake them 20 yards into the terminal building as they dawdle along(yes they did get an earful)

People from certain countries who seem incapable of walking so get on the terminal bus for those with genuine disability, who then when dropped off at the 100 yeard walk to passport control then suddenly are able to sprint past you in their eagerness to complete their journey. Jesus worked less miracles......

And whilst I am fortune enough to travel up front most of the time, those people in seats with plenty of leg room who still insist on booting their chair right back, like they have a lazyboy. Airlines-Remove the ability to drop your chair back, so its the same for everyone!!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: December 21, 2018, 02:39:38 PM »

Those doorbells with the cctv where the burglar rings and matey boy can see/speak to the villain whilst shopping in Waitrose

Then he looks at the camera and tells us “my house is secure” with a smug look

Errr burglars are going to knock rather than press ur fancy Dan doorbell mate, cos they saw yo smug face advertising it

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2833 on: December 21, 2018, 02:42:13 PM »

I have a knock-activated dog.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: December 22, 2018, 01:18:25 PM »

Businesses that don't answer the phone when you know they are open. Fuck you I will spend my money elsewhere.

Ah! The element of surprise
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: