blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:28:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 369961 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1485 on: August 17, 2012, 05:06:53 PM »

Belton sets record for biggest win in a 1/2 game at DTD ever?

Out of curiosity, what do you reckon is the biggest session ever at 1/2 at DTD? Games seem to be sick deep. Someone god moding and taking £2.5-£3k seems pretty attainable. Anyone seen any more than that?

How much did he win?

The bigger question is, but how much did you lose?

really hoping none of this is a level and Sean did some crushing!
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: August 17, 2012, 05:22:48 PM »

Out of curiosity, what do you reckon is the biggest session ever at 1/2 at DTD? Games seem to be sick deep. Someone god moding and taking £2.5-£3k seems pretty attainable. Anyone seen any more than that?

How much did he win?

The bigger question is, but how much did you lose?

Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: August 17, 2012, 05:55:39 PM »

Ive had a +4.1k session before, but also a -£4.9k lol.

Terry deffo had some pretty big wins, but the games are usually £1/2/4/8 at least when they happen obv.

Id say most regs have had a number of 2k+'s @ £1/2. Hard to know just how much people are winning when they buy in for 1,000 BB's

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: August 17, 2012, 06:40:57 PM »

£3.3k is my biggest win, that wasn't even in a big game, and it only lasted 4/5 hours, it was 6handed and I just godmoded it.

I've never done 5k like the massive one has, probs 2k my worst.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: August 17, 2012, 09:07:59 PM »

I think I won a £100 pot once.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: August 17, 2012, 09:16:10 PM »

I know that feel bro.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: August 17, 2012, 09:18:02 PM »

I know that feel bro.

pfffffft one winning day and he's rolling out the brags already Cheesy

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: August 19, 2012, 05:05:07 AM »

Won one of my biggest ever pots tonight and my goodness was it due. Here's the hand history for the archives.

I'm winning a small amount in the £1/2 game, which has recently become pretty lively. I open under the straddle to £11 with , which gets flatted in three spots and is juiced up from the big blind to £45. He has me covered, and it's getting towards the end of the night, and I have AK out of position, and I never win pots with AK and I'd just like to book a winning session for a change, and I can't flat with three behind me, and a ton of miserable stuff that goes through my head when I'm about to stick in the 4ball. I count out £112 playing another £367 behind. Just as I slide it over the line, the announcement comes over the tannoy "your next three hands are your last three hands of the evening." At this point I see the "fuck it" expression of the first caller. He moves in for £136. Phil folds and Kurt calls. The 3bettor calls and I flick it in obviously. Least successful re-iso in history.

Flop (£548)

The 3bettor leads out for £120 and I move in. The other player folds and he calls.

Turn (£1282)

River (£1282)

We're good against the fuck-it shove from , and we somehow hold against the to scoooooooop.

This is my reward for getting out of bed and actually putting a session in when all I really wanted to do was stay firmly stuck to my mattress and drink Beechams.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: August 19, 2012, 05:54:28 AM »

pretty drunk right now, but delighted to be seeing this!

gogogo sean!

tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: August 19, 2012, 10:03:15 AM »

Won one of my biggest ever pots tonight and my goodness was it due. Here's the hand history for the archives.

I'm winning a small amount in the £1/2 game, which has recently become pretty lively. I open under the straddle to £11 with , which gets flatted in three spots and is juiced up from the big blind to £45. He has me covered, and it's getting towards the end of the night, and I have AK out of position, and I never win pots with AK and I'd just like to book a winning session for a change, and I can't flat with three behind me, and a ton of miserable stuff that goes through my head when I'm about to stick in the 4ball. I count out £112 playing another £367 behind. Just as I slide it over the line, the announcement comes over the tannoy "your next three hands are your last three hands of the evening." At this point I see the "fuck it" expression of the first caller. He moves in for £136. Phil folds and Kurt calls. The 3bettor calls and I flick it in obviously. Least successful re-iso in history.

Flop (£548)

The 3bettor leads out for £120 and I move in. The other player folds and he calls.

Turn (£1282)

River (£1282)

We're good against the fuck-it shove from , and we somehow hold against the to scoooooooop.

This is my reward for getting out of bed and actually putting a session in when all I really wanted to do was stay firmly stuck to my mattress and drink Beechams.

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
PizzicatoXev

View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: August 19, 2012, 10:29:24 AM »

Flop (£548)

Turn (£1282)

River (£1282)

BMoney

View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: August 19, 2012, 03:11:53 PM »

Flop (£548)

Turn (£1282)

River (£1282)

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: August 22, 2012, 08:48:05 AM »

Played pretty badly the other night at Gala. Probably a confidence thing, I'm not sure yet. I think a part of me is convinced that, if I can beat the 1/2 game, then beating 50/1 should be incrementally easier and I'll have to work less hard etc. This is obviously not true and while this has not been accountable for a couple of my recent losses any more so than sheer horrible luck, it's something I'm glad I've given some thought to before I have a winning session and feel like I deserve it. I don't deserve anything. Poker doesn't owe me anything. Maybe the reason I'm unlucky in poker is because I am lucky in life. I mean I don't have the funds to do anything spectacular, so I don't just get to tour a different continent when things get too much, I'm not that blessed. Tongue But I do have some great people in my life, some very good friends, a very supportive family, and a dedicated reader or two.

I just seem to be in a rut at the moment where I'm getting every decision wrong. I give people too much credit in spots where I have the best of it, and call them down the time they flop a set. It's bizarre though, because I know I'm not getting owned even though it can very much feel like it at the time. The reason I'm not getting paid off when I flop a little something is because they have 9 high, and the reason I pay them a small amount when they flop a little something is because I have a top pair. Simple as that. If the roles were switched, I'm close to 100% sure I would be losing less and winning more than villain in the same scenarios. My justification being the only time I flopped a pair this week and didn't crash it into a set, I won a grand. Tongue

Bring on the heater please.
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: August 22, 2012, 01:54:44 PM »

The gala game is brilliant, it's pretty hilarious when I went down for a few hours the other night I saw two 1k pots at 50/1 and heard a guy say he's in the hole for 1.2k! only at gala... Although I was there on FRIDAY night and the game broke at 3:20am. wtf is this?!

I think like you say it's a confidence thing more than anything, I'd think winning a bag would at least bump it up a little Wink

Keep it going mate, me and the other "dedicated reader or two" are pulling for you
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 01:56:33 PM by tight4better » Logged
Gizsumcash

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1499 on: August 22, 2012, 02:36:50 PM »

Chin up mate, swings in roundabouts an all that. I used to see you quite a bit at the Village gym in Chilwell, i recognise your face. Do you still go?

I love my fear
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: