blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:31:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 370269 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: August 13, 2012, 03:29:37 PM »

what about the cuddles/spooning prop you said you'd do with X? Up for it if I can arrange?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: August 13, 2012, 03:49:22 PM »

what about the cuddles/spooning prop you said you'd do with X? Up for it if I can arrange?

100%

Happy to do much worse for money right now as long as it's going to make someone laugh.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: August 13, 2012, 03:53:02 PM »

Will you get in a cupboard for 24hours and stay there with one 5 minute break every 2 hours for £500?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: August 13, 2012, 04:00:33 PM »

Will you get in a cupboard for 24hours and stay there with one 5 minute break every 2 hours for £500?

Make it £500 for each witness and yeah I reckon.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: August 13, 2012, 04:03:15 PM »

will be streamed on the internet obv.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: August 13, 2012, 04:10:32 PM »

will be streamed on the internet obv.

Can definitely auction this.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: August 13, 2012, 11:31:26 PM »

could be the start of new career, live props bettor  Smiley

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: August 14, 2012, 01:54:46 PM »

Had what I think I can qualify as my worst night of poker last night. Not money-wise (although it's close) but definitely emotions-wise. I know James Keys is going to come on here and tell me outright that I have a gambling problem, but was the closest to tears I've ever been due to poker. I've been annoyed before, and I get disheartened perhaps a little easier than most, but this was something else. It was the emotional equivalent of the time I was 15 and got jumped by a bunch of guys with snooker cues. Every time I looked up from a big hand it was like BANG, another blow to the emotions, BANG, another blow to the bankroll, just literally dishing chips out to everyone and it was fucking relentless.

First orbit I was picking up a decent starting hand every time, and flopping at least a pair, uncontested so I must have looked borderline maniacal in terms of aggression. One guy decided to take a stand and limpraise jam from the cutoff when I found AQ on the button. I called it off and was shown KQ on a king high board. Ship £50 that way, no problem, these things happen.

This old guy sits down, and I know it's going to be trouble. Just have this horrible feeling. He was tanking which seat to have, either to my right or across the table. I don't know why, but I was really fighting for him to not sit next to me. I'm unsure if people do things just to spite me all the time or if I just feel that way because I'm a little unbalanced, but sure enough he sat down to my right. First hand after he sits down I find . I already know what's going to happen. I raise, two callers, . Checked to me where I bet and the old guy checkraise jams for like a bowl more. Call. on the turn. Obviously he has the bare . Ship £50 that way too.

KK on K high board, nobody goes absolutely crackers this time with KQ or A9, and I pick up a modest pot with a monster.

KK again from the small blind. A ton of limpers, I make it £13, still get three callers. Live pokers lol. flop, which I don't exactly love. I check to see how people respond, as they're going to play this texture relatively face up. Checks to the old guy who makes it £5. I have a pretty easy raise here to £35. He calls and we're heads up to the turn which is basically a reason to open fold. I check, he moves in, I piss and moan for a bit and ditch it. Don't really remember exactly what happens now, I just remember saying "you got it," an awful lot, 4bet jamming £120 versus Matt's cutoff 3bet with 99, which is perhaps lighter than normal, but he was supposed to be a little lighter than normal. He tanks for a few minutes and calls with JJ and holds. Chips please.

First hand back, two more queens. Long story short, the old guy and I get a bunch in pre, a bunch in on the flop and the rest in on the turn when I'm killing his entire range, but he's picked tonight to find a set.

QQ on K Q x, get it through. Nobody has a one pair hand this time, apparently. QQ again the very next hand. Simon raises £7, I make it £23. He peels. . He checks I bet £27 he calls. on the turn. Now this is the moment I realised it's probably time to leave. I mean sometimes I check this card to get another bet from a bad ten on the river that might fold the turn, or get a 98 or some such to lead the river when my hand looks a lot like two overs. But I'll be honest, this time as well as the above thought process, I was just scared. Every time I've had an overpair or a flush recently I just drive it right into a full house, and everybody is flopping sets against me tonight. So I checked. I couldn't take the pain of him just inevitably having an 87 or something. So I checked. I had become unbalanced, I was no longer playing optimally. I just wanted this hand to be over so I could leave. Unsurprisingly the river paired the ten and I gave a quick thought to which way I'd like to compound my error. Fold and get shown the ace high value bet or call and get shown a ten? One of those things was going to happen. I called. He had AT. Obviously. What am I doing?

Left the game a few hands later 'cause I'd just completely lost the plot. Watching the cashier count out £160 was borderline unbearable. Each time a £20 hit the desk, I felt like I was taking a hit to the face. I looked up at the man who had, over the course of the last seven hours, counted out chips to the tune of £800 which I had despairingly turned into £160 and said, "thank you." And honest to god, my lip was quivering. The brutality of this session on top of the last 12 was almost too much to take. I know I like to have a whinge in this thread and that's all part and parcel of making people laugh, but I can't find the usual sarcasm soaked, dripping with dejection, dry humour today. This was just very painful. Granted after a while I didn't play my best, but I didn't do anything awful until that last hand, but it was a continued spell of hard luck that got me there.

Sorry if this seemed whingey.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: August 14, 2012, 01:59:22 PM »

One of the most honest Posts ever seen on blonde, and a great read. Most of us recognize at least some of that.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: August 14, 2012, 03:04:20 PM »

Had what I think I can qualify as my worst night of poker last night. Not money-wise (although it's close) but definitely emotions-wise. I know James Keys is going to come on here and tell me outright that I have a gambling problem, but was the closest to tears I've ever been due to poker. I've been annoyed before, and I get disheartened perhaps a little easier than most, but this was something else. It was the emotional equivalent of the time I was 15 and got jumped by a bunch of guys with snooker cues. Every time I looked up from a big hand it was like BANG, another blow to the emotions, BANG, another blow to the bankroll, just literally dishing chips out to everyone and it was fucking relentless.

First orbit I was picking up a decent starting hand every time, and flopping at least a pair, uncontested so I must have looked borderline maniacal in terms of aggression. One guy decided to take a stand and limpraise jam from the cutoff when I found AQ on the button. I called it off and was shown KQ on a king high board. Ship £50 that way, no problem, these things happen.

This old guy sits down, and I know it's going to be trouble. Just have this horrible feeling. He was tanking which seat to have, either to my right or across the table. I don't know why, but I was really fighting for him to not sit next to me. I'm unsure if people do things just to spite me all the time or if I just feel that way because I'm a little unbalanced, but sure enough he sat down to my right. First hand after he sits down I find . I already know what's going to happen. I raise, two callers, . Checked to me where I bet and the old guy checkraise jams for like a bowl more. Call. on the turn. Obviously he has the bare . Ship £50 that way too.

KK on K high board, nobody goes absolutely crackers this time with KQ or A9, and I pick up a modest pot with a monster.

KK again from the small blind. A ton of limpers, I make it £13, still get three callers. Live pokers lol. flop, which I don't exactly love. I check to see how people respond, as they're going to play this texture relatively face up. Checks to the old guy who makes it £5. I have a pretty easy raise here to £35. He calls and we're heads up to the turn which is basically a reason to open fold. I check, he moves in, I piss and moan for a bit and ditch it. Don't really remember exactly what happens now, I just remember saying "you got it," an awful lot, 4bet jamming £120 versus Matt's cutoff 3bet with 99, which is perhaps lighter than normal, but he was supposed to be a little lighter than normal. He tanks for a few minutes and calls with JJ and holds. Chips please.

First hand back, two more queens. Long story short, the old guy and I get a bunch in pre, a bunch in on the flop and the rest in on the turn when I'm killing his entire range, but he's picked tonight to find a set.

QQ on K Q x, get it through. Nobody has a one pair hand this time, apparently. QQ again the very next hand. Simon raises £7, I make it £23. He peels. . He checks I bet £27 he calls. on the turn. Now this is the moment I realised it's probably time to leave. I mean sometimes I check this card to get another bet from a bad ten on the river that might fold the turn, or get a 98 or some such to lead the river when my hand looks a lot like two overs. But I'll be honest, this time as well as the above thought process, I was just scared. Every time I've had an overpair or a flush recently I just drive it right into a full house, and everybody is flopping sets against me tonight. So I checked. I couldn't take the pain of him just inevitably having an 87 or something. So I checked. I had become unbalanced, I was no longer playing optimally. I just wanted this hand to be over so I could leave. Unsurprisingly the river paired the ten and I gave a quick thought to which way I'd like to compound my error. Fold and get shown the ace high value bet or call and get shown a ten? One of those things was going to happen. I called. He had AT. Obviously. What am I doing?

Left the game a few hands later 'cause I'd just completely lost the plot. Watching the cashier count out £160 was borderline unbearable. Each time a £20 hit the desk, I felt like I was taking a hit to the face. I looked up at the man who had, over the course of the last seven hours, counted out chips to the tune of £800 which I had despairingly turned into £160 and said, "thank you." And honest to god, my lip was quivering. The brutality of this session on top of the last 12 was almost too much to take. I know I like to have a whinge in this thread and that's all part and parcel of making people laugh, but I can't find the usual sarcasm soaked, dripping with dejection, dry humour today. This was just very painful. Granted after a while I didn't play my best, but I didn't do anything awful until that last hand, but it was a continued spell of hard luck that got me there.

Sorry if this seemed whingey.

Sick post. Ive felt similar to this before, i remember feeling it building up every day the downswing carried on, feeling helpless to stop it. So frustrating and sometimes it is v tough to not get emotional about it. At least you did the right thing and left the game when you realised it was effecting your game. You just need to remember that downswings happen to everyone, it wont last forever, and you are still good at the pokers! All you can do is play your best, you cant control the results. Just focus on what you can control. It will get better.  Smiley
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: August 14, 2012, 03:28:52 PM »

Oh God.

bigstef
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: August 14, 2012, 04:00:52 PM »

Can confirm it was truly horrific viewing............
Gizsumcash

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1467 on: August 14, 2012, 04:12:07 PM »

The highs and the lows of poker are truely extreme. You have to be a strong person emotionally to play poker for a living, not sure if it is something i could deal with but i respect anybody who does.

I love my fear
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: August 14, 2012, 05:00:22 PM »

yada yada yada, come on now, the fans wanna hear about the blow ups. Stef, you can tell us the truth. Any chips flying? Cards flung at dealers? I think he's past this, but I'm sure there was one or two choice phrases that escaped his lips towards the end?

"Why wouldn't you have a house?"

"I appreciate you trying to give me your money but could you try a little harder please"

Some classics of the past.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 14, 2012, 05:55:37 PM »

yada yada yada, come on now, the fans wanna hear about the blow ups. Stef, you can tell us the truth. Any chips flying? Cards flung at dealers? I think he's past this, but I'm sure there was one or two choice phrases that escaped his lips towards the end?

"Why wouldn't you have a house?"

"I appreciate you trying to give me your money but could you try a little harder please"

Some classics of the past.
Lol. Gosney and o'flaherty used to use a similar one years ago to that.  Smiley

<3 Sean. Can't think of a single person I would rather see win the £500k gtd next month

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: