blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:21:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 370331 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1425 on: August 04, 2012, 02:34:16 PM »

wilted down to 14k at 600/1200/200 and jammed the hijack the hand before the break with 93o, the small blind snap called and the big blind tank folded. Nice to know it wasn't getting through either. He flips over A9s. Marv. 3 on the turn to stay alive though.

I'm going to consider myself very unfortunate not to have flipped better

Sure was a flip. Still unfortunate to not get it through when I've folded for 40 hands, and the whole table as already left for the break for the grinder to find a real one in the small. Not saying it's optimal or that I'd do it under any other circumstance
rbc_mike

View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: August 04, 2012, 02:38:28 PM »

I see what your're saying, but this is live poker mate! Don't give ppl credit for anything, just fold.

Dying's for fools.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 05, 2012, 12:35:05 PM »

Spent the night cold 4betting Ryan Spittles with a 100% success rate. Didn't take a hand to showdown, which might sound well and good, but I played about five hands and flopped two sets. Action would have been nice. Sad

Half way out of the August hole! Big Sunday schedule today to put myself right back in it. Cheesy
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 05, 2012, 01:19:17 PM »

Half way out of the August hole! Big Sunday schedule today to put myself right back in it. Cheesy
[/quote]

link? cba to do my own :d

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 06, 2012, 03:02:26 AM »

Got about halfway through the schedule before unregging the rest. Took Alex down to rail PeeJay, who took down 5th I think for 4k and change, whilst Alex payed one or two hands between railing and cashed out a nice £1k profit. Meanwhile I folded 100 hands and then lost a £500 flip. Another tiny 3 hour session with the hourly heading in entirely the wrong direction. On the plus side, I can recite parts of some new poker literature I've been reading.

"I want to have fun. I am not having fun. So I will stop this unfun activity, now." - Tommy Angelo

#whatwereyouexpecting
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 06, 2012, 03:18:36 AM »

Tommy Angelo is the nuts. Both books A+

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 06, 2012, 05:49:11 PM »

It was a hard grind last night yes Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 07, 2012, 05:23:26 AM »

Sorry. Can't hear you over the sound of me knocking it in. Loving the game is taking every ounce of strength I have, which - to give myself a little credit - is no mean feat, given that I have the physical frame of a sick elderly lady. Do need to find a win from somewhere though! Thought it might be today when the first hand I sit down to is the , get £100 in three ways against KK and JJ, and bink an ace on the flop. Kingball on the river ended that dream. Things picked up momentarily the next hand where I checked from the straddle and flopped bottom two on K 5 4r. Villain check-called flop and again on an offsuit 9 turn. Then he donked for pot on a J river. I sighed and called and he too showed me three kings. Must be nice to be everyone else. Smiley

#whatwereyouexpecting
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1433 on: August 07, 2012, 08:21:33 AM »

Thread back on track.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 07, 2012, 12:47:43 PM »

Hi Sean, You dont know me but i was the BB tanking when you shoved in the £200 tourney at DTD.
The guy that called you had previously doubled me up after raising from folded to button then calling my reshove with QJ,
( i had KJ soooooted) in the hand i also had AQ and would of called you had he not gone all in before so wasnt sure what to do , as i knew may not be really strong going by previous call, out of interest what would you say i should overcall with there? gl hope you run better , enjoy the diary , cheers....Adrian

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 07, 2012, 01:34:40 PM »

Hi Sean, You dont know me but i was the BB tanking when you shoved in the £200 tourney at DTD.
The guy that called you had previously doubled me up after raising from folded to button then calling my reshove with QJ,
( i had KJ soooooted) in the hand i also had AQ and would of called you had he not gone all in before so wasnt sure what to do , as i knew may not be really strong going by previous call, out of interest what would you say i should overcall with there? gl hope you run better , enjoy the diary , cheers....Adrian

I remember having a chuckle inside when he called with QJ, when the previous hand he said something along the lines of "well I called with 92o because he didn't raise properly..." Just didn't recognise that a 'proper' 4x raise is the reason he had to call it off with a queen high. Ah to be a recreational player Cheesy

First off, I probably made a bad shove with 55 in that hand. Could have probably let the blinds go through me once more. It's difficult to say what to do with AQ there, as we've seen the fish call off ridiculous light with chips invested but hard to say what he'd do without. I always base a little bit of my decision upon the age of the players acting before me. He's obviously an old school player and he's likely to think I'm some young kid sticking it in with anything. The exact amount of time he took to make his call and not reshove means I'd be very confident that one, if not two outs were dead if I peeled AQ in your spot. If he had an absolute chunk behind I might rejam AQ because he's going to have stuff he shouldn't have a lot of the time like KJ, KQ, AT, 22 etc. So in answer to your question, probably AQ+ and TT+ even though that seems to be a joke strong range. Some sickos probably disagree, but can't see why that wouldn't be right. Might include 99?

How did you end up doing in the £200? Back in town for the £500?
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 07, 2012, 03:35:16 PM »

came 41st, TBH £100 tourney usually my limit , and its 2oo mile away from me, i sattyed into that one and will try to the other big ones, dont mind travelling if i can get in cheap, gl.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 08, 2012, 10:58:38 AM »

Oh my gosh I booked a win last night. Felt good to flop pairs again. Mmmm. Pairs.

Also I realised something last night (prior to reading Alex's diary post despite it being in a similar vein.) It was about this time last year, maybe 10 months or something, when I was convinced after umpteen losses on the bounce that I was just destined to go broke and I was never going to win again. I know that nobody in the world takes losing as badly as I do, but I've been knocking in a similar amount of a similar length of time and while I've not exactly been celebrating this, I've certainly not thought about going broke despite not being all the much better off than I was this time last year. The key to dealing with losing is the keep losing. Losing is the best thing that can happen. Anyone can win, but who can lose better than someone that loses all the time?

Met a reader of this diary last night as well (no, I'm serious; I know I was tired, but I promise you that someone out there reads this diary.) He seemed very friendly, particularly lively, and erm... drunk. Which you'd have to be to admit you follow this nonsense. He opened with "you're Sean aren't you." This would be fine anywhere else, but at Gala it made me have a quick look around and a quick wish that I was wearing a stabproof vest. Nice guy though. Looking forward to playing against him some more. Fun dynamic at Gala one time.

Doubled my hourly last night from negative £22 to negative £11. Might end up actually making a bean this month after all. Smiley

#whatwereyouexpecting
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 08, 2012, 11:09:43 AM »

Wiiii. Nice one. Good to see the diary back on track, dejection and all. Had to correct dejection from defection, which would make this thread even more appealing.

Lol@stabvest....ah good times! I got stabbed once you know....

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 08, 2012, 11:37:10 AM »

Sorry. Can't hear you over the sound of me knocking it in. Loving the game is taking every ounce of strength I have, which - to give myself a little credit - is no mean feat, given that I have the physical frame of a sick elderly lady. Do need to find a win from somewhere though! Thought it might be today when the first hand I sit down to is the , get £100 in three ways against KK and JJ, and bink an ace on the flop. Kingball on the river ended that dream. Things picked up momentarily the next hand where I checked from the straddle and flopped bottom two on K 5 4r. Villain check-called flop and again on an offsuit 9 turn. Then he donked for pot on a J river. I sighed and called and he too showed me three kings. Must be nice to be everyone else. Smiley

#whatwereyouexpecting

#dontstraddle
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: