blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:49:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 370078 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2475 on: June 19, 2013, 05:41:24 PM »

How is morale???

With a pocket full of Alex's golden money, how do you think? Cheesy
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: June 19, 2013, 09:14:06 PM »

Two fun hands from my last two sessions:

Playing in a deep 6-handed 1/1 game om sunday evening after the 1/2 broke. It's folded to the button who limps and the small blind checks. We juice it up to £6 from the big with and get two callers.

Flop (£18)

Queen high flops are almost guaranteed to get you a buck or two when you have the overpair, so we bet £11 and get called by the button. The small blind folds.

Turn (£40)

Might be a little worried about 54 or 76 getting there on this turn, but that's quite unlikely given the massive spectrum of Qx and 8x hands and flush draws. We bet £28 and get called.

River (£96)

Think I still have to value bet here and fold if he raises so i went with 65. He calls quite quickly and tables  . These hands dont bother me like they used to, but it's still nice to be reminded that poker is not dead and not everyone is solid.

Hand number 2 was in the W column. The double straddle was on and I made it £15 from the cutoff with . The button peels and.we.are heads up.

Flop (£38)

This is not a great board to cbet by any means so I check give up. Then he bets £7 and I feel like realising some backdoor equity.

Turn (£52)

Here it comes... He bets £22 and I am not folding this turn card.

River (£96)

Yahtzee. I check it over to him again and he bets £60 with about another £120 back. I have an easy allin and he calls immediately with top set. Unlucky bro!
Mehtab

View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: June 27, 2013, 05:06:43 PM »

The small blind, who was a complete weirdo btw (I know I've insulted two customers now, but he really was; maybe if I'd have won the pot he'd have bitten me or something)

Lol... this made me laugh  Cheesy

Luis Suarez??
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: July 01, 2013, 02:15:22 PM »

The swings of the high seas have calmed and we're now just bobbing up and down in the shallows.

I had a fun experience the other day when I TT < KK first hand against a bad reg, and then sort of butchered/gambled a hand where I opened the and bet flop four ways on then everyone decided to get it all in. basically the shortstack definitely had at least a 5, but Greek Jack was probably putting it in dead or a flip at best and Adrian claimed "high spades" so he's pretty much dead to a pair. The runout bricks, Greek Jack mucks, the shortstack shows for a flopped full house, and the sidepot is between me and Adrian. "Did you make a pair?" I asked. "Nope," came the response. I whipped over my KJ, and it turns what he considered "high spades," were actually what most would consider "nut spades," and won a small chunk with ace high.

I was waiting for the next £1/1 to open for a chance to play with some of my favourite regs both good and bad, so I pulled out what change I had that wasn't plaques or pinks. £53.50. I waited a few hands, moved it all-in with Ah and got no action. I was just looking for a small flip I suppose, but everyone must have thought I was rofling it in for no reason whatsoever. 99 was plenty and I mashed it in again, this time Adrian called and so did the Q5 guy, but after he called he turned his hand over thinking we were both all-in. So there's £155 in front of me, and one of my adversaries has tabled the . The flop comes down and he just mucks. Adrian declares "a pair on the board." I tell him it's good and that I just have "high cards." I wait until he reveals A9 before revealing that I in fact meant "nut cards." Tongue Dat successful slowroll. I won a couple more bowl pots and took £200 over to the new game.

Here's where the fun really begins. My food arrives and I don't have a table to put it on, so I just rest it on the rail dangerously close to my single tower of chips which are destined to ruin my salad if left stacked as they are, so I cut them down into small stacks and polish off my dinner. Then I make the executive decision. My best shot at getting back into the VIP 2/5 game is by stacking in tens, check minraising, never 4+ betting, cutting chips out slowly, doing zero chip tricks, sitting tentatively with my arms folded and not ever knowing if the action is on me or not. Pics or it didn't happen? Here you go

Click to see full-size image.

The straddle is on, Neil Bull raises to £13, I 3bet to £45, then the kid in the small blind shrugs his shoulders and moves allin for £110 or so. Neil folds, and FUCK MY LIFE all I was trying to do was show Neil the J4o and get the game out the muck, now I have to call because the poor guy definitely has ace and king. I flopped a 4 and rivered a jack, no ace and king in sight, so I knew I was good. Weeeeeee. Proceeded to show the J4 twice more, before Raggy finally had enough and called me down, all three streets, including a £250 allin on the river on Q 5 3 3 7. Except this time I didn't have the jack and four, I had the Beltons! How can you win with queen and queen? Unbelievable flopping tekkers, that's how.

Another kid sits down and I immediately get it in versus him with two overs and a flush draw, hit both and make another couple of quid, before whacking Gordon the fugly gopher Goodall, and completing the spin up from £53.50 to £1368. Whales get the lot. BOOM!
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2479 on: July 01, 2013, 02:25:42 PM »

100% it's the fishy stacking in tens. don't give it up. <3

also rofl at high cards.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2480 on: July 01, 2013, 02:38:43 PM »

"Gordon the fugly gopher Goodall"

So harsh.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: July 01, 2013, 03:46:15 PM »

More stories of whacking Gordon plz
BMoney

View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: July 01, 2013, 04:32:50 PM »

Beth: 'Why is crossing your arms fishy when you play poker?'
Sean: 'Do you cross your arms?'
Beth: 'Yes, but only becau-...'
Sean: 'Exactly'
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: July 01, 2013, 04:36:53 PM »

Melissa crosses her arms when playing poker.

Nice post Sean. Get the diary out the muck kid.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: July 03, 2013, 04:53:48 PM »

Let's break down the month of June, shenanigan style.

Total Live Sessions: 25
Total Online Sessions: lolwut internet pokerz rigged init
Total Live Wins: 12
Total Live Losses: 13
Total Online Wins: n/a
Total Online Losses: n/a
Best Live Win: +£1520
Worst Day: -£1076
Tournament Entries/Cashes - 2/0
Total Hours: 152.6
Hourly: Probably more than Nik was on at Tesco.

July thus far:

Monday went out for steak to celebrate a friend's birthday. There were about 30 people of which I new precisely 4, so while the birthday boy was off frolicking with strangers, I was regaling Math was stories of my intense flatulence. Fucking love steak.

A conversation with me requires an alcoholic beverage at all times.

Tuesday went for barbeque and attempted my awkward brand of social interaction with some more strangers. Plenty of open face chinese, magic the gathering, guitar hero, and rain. None of the aforementioned stopped us from firing up the grill though.

A demonstration of British barbeque tekkers. My job was chief umbrella guy.

Wednesday went out for massages with the boys as a birthday treat for one of them and a way to escape the stresses and strains of a breakeven year to date for myself! Wink You'll be pleased to know that this one doesn't come with a photograph or an amusing caption. Going for Nandos with my partner in all thing degenerate before stretching a 1/1 game at Dusk. No value what with all the whales doing their nuts in Vegas, but if you want to come and find me I'll have plenty of money to give away. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 04:55:52 PM by zerofive » Logged
MelissaChloe

View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: July 03, 2013, 06:42:26 PM »

Yes I do and there is nothing wrong with it 

Although I am a fish  Cheesy

Twitter: MelissaChloe_xo
MelissaChloe

View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: July 03, 2013, 06:45:29 PM »

Wednesday went out for massages with the boys as a birthday treat for one of them and a way to escape the stresses and strains of a breakeven year to date for myself! Wink You'll be pleased to know that this one doesn't come with a photograph or an amusing caption. Going for Nandos with my partner in all thing degenerate before stretching a 1/1 game at Dusk. No value what with all the whales doing their nuts in Vegas, but if you want to come and find me I'll have plenty of money to give away.

Cya later!  Roll Eyes

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2487 on: July 03, 2013, 06:46:34 PM »

In my vast experience, girls only cross their arms when they are..

Defensive.

Miffed.

Gossiping about someone.

Walking to and from the loo.

The older I get, the better I was.
MelissaChloe

View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: July 03, 2013, 06:52:58 PM »

In my vast experience, girls only cross their arms when they are..

Defensive.

Miffed.

Gossiping about someone.

Walking to and from the loo.

Gossiping about someone = Hands on hips

The rest are very accurate   Cheesy

My arm crossing at the table is deliberate in every hand to reduce the amount of tells I give out  Wink

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: July 04, 2013, 07:45:09 PM »

Training for a 10k run starts next week. I'm following an eight-week plan and I've convinced Beth to join me for support/morale. I'll keep Blonde updated and you can take the over/under on when I'll start complaining about my left ankle.

Wednesday went out for massages with the boys as a birthday treat for one of them and a way to escape the stresses and strains of a breakeven year to date for myself! Wink You'll be pleased to know that this one doesn't come with a photograph or an amusing caption. Going for Nandos with my partner in all thing degenerate before stretching a 1/1 game at Dusk. No value what with all the whales doing their nuts in Vegas, but if you want to come and find me I'll have plenty of money to give away.

Cya later!  Roll Eyes

After a bowly 1/1 game I went for a quick spin up in a 2/2 dealer's choice game which I left because I couldn't handle how irritating this protard kid was. He was trying to tell us that he was a professional and he played 2/5 in Coventry, but he was not only a horrible player, he also couldn't deal with losing a standard flip for a bowl amount of money. He sat down in the DC game and went "I'll pick padooki, what's padooki?" and then picked up the game unusually quickly. Felt like he was trying to hustle the game but was basically a shit player and was sent broke a few times. I was lined up to send him broke for a £500 pot with Two Diamonds against A K K 3 x x where the board runs out a five card low where we now chop the low and he rivered (and slowrolled) the flush for the high. Not exactly gutted due to the insane variance of 6-card nonsense, but against THAT guy? Really?

Joined another 1/1 game afterwards, which sounded like a lot of fun but it was some stoner nit making a lot of noise; rastafish who was sat there with no money, just a glass of red wine; and me and peejay folding every hand. They called last three, and I took this as an opportunity to truly outplay MelissaChloe. Everybody limped to my big blind where I checked the . I led for £5 into £7 on and MelissaChloe did a raise to £18. I called and checked the over to her. She bets £34 and I called. The hit the river and I checked over to her again. She bets £77 and I jam for £90 more and she hero called me with a worse kings full. These internet kidz.

Pretty uneventful night. Lost a bowl, did a 25% crossbook with Flanagan who lost a little bit more of a bowl, but that didn't even get me out of it lol. Hopefully we get some characters tonight else I'll be forced to go and play at Gala! Sad
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: