blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:27:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272606 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 370109 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: November 25, 2013, 05:21:52 AM »

Luckily I'm pretty sure Beth loves you for your personality :p

Good cause, I stuck a few quid on the box for you on sat night Smiley x

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: November 26, 2013, 12:25:04 PM »

It's been a pretty busy couple of weeks. I don't really remember stopping to get myself much more than 6 hours sleep, and I've not even had time to hit the gym. I know, that's how crazy it's been.

I've spent most of my time losing big pots with some pretty hilarious hands. Not exactly brimming with confidence; always feel like the realisation of equity is just around the corner yet it never seems to be! Still afloat financially and emotionally though, must be all these recent acts of altruism. Smiley

Anyway, I think it's Tuesday. I think I slept. The plan is to try and luckbox a last minute seat for the UKIPT, then try not to do my absolute genitals on cash after I pure bubble. Prior to that I have dinner with mom and dad, which is always a nice treat. Prior to that, maybe I'll finally get around to shredding myself at the gym. Gonna try a new circuit and see what my time is. Here's the routine for all interested:

Going to do 10 reps of everything in the first round, then 9 reps, then 8 and so on until we do 1 rep of everything. Really simple movements tho: push up / TRX pull up / squat / jack knife sit up / 20m shuttle run. Let me know if you decided to give it a go. Not expecting a big response tbh Wink

Thanks again to everyone that's donated to the Macmillan cause. I look truly fucking ridiculous so I'm glad you all made it worthwhile.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: November 26, 2013, 01:07:36 PM »

Thanks again to everyone that's donated to the Macmillan cause. I look ridiculously hunky so I'm glad you all made it worthwhile.

FYP

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: November 26, 2013, 02:15:11 PM »

Thanks again to everyone that's donated to the Macmillan cause. I look ridiculously hunky so I'm glad you all made it worthwhile.

FYP

A late contender for the gayest thing I've seen this year and my cousin is a gay bodybuilder who attends fancy dress parties at least once a month.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: November 26, 2013, 02:48:28 PM »

FYP

A late contender for the most macho thing I've seen this year and my cousin is a gay bodybuilder who attends fancy dress parties at least once a month.

FYP

Again.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: November 26, 2013, 03:00:06 PM »

Okay I'll be honest, that circuit was tougher than I anticipated. I wasn't expecting a walk in the park but the first set of shuttle runs absolutely whacked me. It's fantastic though, once you've really opened yourself up in the first two sets, the rest comes a LOT easier. On top of that, you're actually at the halfway point after the first three sets making it easier to keep going psychologically. I wasn't helped by the fact that the heating was broken, so I was in a room where I could see my breath, and I don't know how many of you get this when you do really tough cardiovascular exercise when it's cold out but it felt like my lungs were full of ice water and there were undertones of blood in my otherwise very tasty saliva. Very off-putting...

Also, the torment didn't end there; I didn't put two and two together until I was past the point of no return, but when the heating is broken it means that you're not going to have warm water either, right? So you can only imagine how I squealed like a little bitch when I got in the shower with my bloody throat, watery lungs, broken body. Ugh. On the plus side, it didn't take long for my hair head to dry.

As embarrassing as this is to post, my time to beat is 29 mins 31 secs. That does include a 4 minute period after the first set of shuttle runs for my head to stop spinning lol. I should absolutely crush that time next week.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: November 27, 2013, 02:08:01 AM »

Missed out on a UKIPT seat 3 from the bubble. Didn't want a seat anyway, and there was no sense busting early to give me the evening free, so everything turned out perfectly. Gives me an opportunity to play some sides, which I'll probably sell a little bit of as a package, but I'm not sure yet.

Highlight of the night was knocking a mug of hot tea over Fred.
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: November 27, 2013, 02:47:43 AM »

Missed out on a UKIPT seat 3 from the bubble. Didn't want a seat anyway, and there was no sense busting early to give me the evening free, so everything turned out perfectly.

Absolute gold. Ul bud Sad
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: December 04, 2013, 12:23:19 PM »

As it stands, I think we've raised about £3.5k for Macmillan according to my friend Amy who was doing the admin, baking some of the cookies we sold at the club and wearing the low cut dresses. Apparently when she relayed this to Macmillan, the lady on the other end of the line started crying. Always nice to make someone's day, as well as raising an absolute chunk for a great cause. Thanks to Matt Harris and Sam Powell for joining me and not chickening out! Thanks to Beth and Amy for baking and being pretty and putting in a couple of decent shifts to help us raise a bunch of money. Thanks to Rob Yong and Simon Trumper for letting us hold the event at Dusk Till Dawn. And, of course, thanks to everyone who has donated and is planning to donate. The link in my signature is (or is at least supposed to be) still active until the end of the year, so if you want to flick in a couple of quid, it's not too late to do so. Smiley

I'm off to try and better my embarrassing 30-minute circuit time. Peace.
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: December 07, 2013, 07:06:18 AM »

Very well done Sean,Matt and Sam. You should be very pleased with yourselves.Great effort and result. Making a difference.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: December 07, 2013, 09:46:37 AM »

Very well done Sean,Matt and Sam. You should be very pleased with yourselves.Great effort and result. Making a difference.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: December 07, 2013, 04:33:41 PM »

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: December 28, 2013, 03:09:09 PM »

Ugh. Right then. Poker.

What can I say? After the excitement of raising a bunch of money for charity, I decided I'd wind down with a massive cold. As such, I've not been able to spend many hours at the table this month, which has been a little disappointing - I really wanted to end the year with a bang. Having said that, mind you, I did make a rare day 2 in the last deepstack of 2013. I know it's all just one long session, but it really would be nice to put a stamp on this year career-wise. I made no secret that it was an absolute disaster for the first 6 months, and probably lost a lot of readers and maybe customers by just generally behaving like a child about it. Either way, it will be good to put 2013 to bed, whether I make a giant score tomorrow or pure bubble.

Thanks to everyone who made this year what it was: friends, followers, investors. Full trip report for the deepstack either tomorrow or Monday, depending on how deep we run. Smiley

Peace
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: December 28, 2013, 03:20:41 PM »

I liked reading your diary Sean, it was different.

Good luck in 2014.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: December 28, 2013, 03:50:17 PM »

I liked reading your diary Sean, it was different.

Good luck in 2014.

Always entertaining.
If only your creatively comedic juices would flow as freely when you're winning as they used to when you were losing.

Was there not at least one major good thing in 2013?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: