blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:17:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 367402 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: January 10, 2014, 04:57:28 PM »

Exited in the 400/800/100 level. Thought I played fine, maybe made two mistakes. One mistake was when I c-bet a good looking board but just had an inkling I was going to get check/jammed, ignored said inkling, got jammed on. Second mistake was peeling a 3b from the big with TT not closing the action; villain hadn't been 4betting much but by calling I set up such a perfect spot. In the back of my mind I knew he was going to take it, just sort of hoped he wouldn't. These were small mistakes from a chipstack% standpoint.

It went downhill when was started to face some all-ins as players on the table got short. I 3b AQ and got called in two spots, one of whom was quite forthcoming about the borderline strength of his hand. He jammed right into me on Q-T-5 for pot. I called fairly quickly and was shown the KJ, then immediately shown the 9 on the turn.

We moved in with TT and was called by A3o, and held. This wasn't for much, but it helped!

We 4b jammed AK and was called by QQ. Very standard spot for both of us I think. Didn't win the flip.

Moved our last 8bb in with AA and was called by Niall Farrell's 76. He'd just lost a huge one and was looking to accumulate chips to get big or come back tomorrow. He flopped pretty well on K-8-5. J on the turn. 9 ball corner pocket tho and so concluded another day 1.

I think I'm playing very well in these tournaments at the moment, I seem to accidentally have a good feel for what level everyone's on. The same can't be said for my cash game poker at the moment, I'll admit. There's no denying I've been running really bad lately, but it would be a lie to say I haven't made some pretty silly mistakes as well.

We live and we learn, though. 2014 may not be off to a great start, but the money is only one heater away! Smiley

I'll be selling a February package; that will be going up on the Live Staking board real soon.

Peace.
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: January 28, 2014, 09:29:52 AM »

I still don't know how players win with one of these combinations...

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 09:31:57 AM by Derbylad » Logged
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: January 28, 2014, 03:19:01 PM »

Not possible
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: January 28, 2014, 03:56:45 PM »

Not possible

agreed

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: February 01, 2014, 06:19:16 PM »

This holding certainly doesn't seem to have a great deal of joy within the confines of DTD from what I have noticed over the year's.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: February 04, 2014, 10:57:04 AM »

Sean Beltons poker statistics....
VPIP: 19%
PFR: 14%
Tot 3BET: 6%

Fold to 3 Bet (when holding any suited spade combo): 0%
Get there %: 100%
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: February 04, 2014, 11:57:39 PM »

VPIP: 6%
PFR: 2%
Tot 3BET: 1%

FYP
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: February 13, 2014, 04:49:18 PM »

VPIP: 19%
PFR: 14%
Tot 3BET: 6%

Fold to 3 Bet (when holding any suited spade combo): 0%
Get there %: 100%

Those percentages seem a little generous. Maybe move the decimal point back a few digits. Also, you seem to have heavily weighted my raise/call range towards spades. For transparency I'd just like to confirm I've not taken any coaching from Carla Goddard.

Get there % spot on tho imo. Smiley
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: February 19, 2014, 12:19:29 PM »

Just to keep those who took pieces updated, I'm playing the day 1b of the UKPC, so that's tomorrow rather than today. I decided to make the switch after I found out that pretty much all satellite entrants were playing the Thursday, so while there will be a lot of tougher players there will also be a lot of weaker players and a LOT of chips in play to potentially take through to day 2.

I feel good about this one. Alex Goulder even said I was due, so there's that. Good luck to everyone playing; this is still going to be a pretty spectacular week of poker whatever happens.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: February 19, 2014, 12:47:58 PM »

Good luck Sean, always enjoyed reading yours and Alex's diaries, shame its stopped .

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: February 22, 2014, 03:08:43 PM »

Disregard that bit about spectacular Wink

While the tournament itself was probably great, I've not had a worse time playing live tournament poker since the £770 a few years back.

Day 1, I think I played four hands and lost three of them. Unfortunately the only player to run worse than me was Julian Thew, when I AT > his AQ in the last level of the day, where my chipstack peaked at about 38k.

Day 2, I played two hands (almost three!) and was all-in with both. First was TT > AK to take us to 40k @ 600/1,200. We almost got TT allin again: Greek Jack opened, the kid on the button 3b and we were going to 4b cram from the small, but the older gentleman in the big blind absolutely rofled his chips in just as I was about to make forward motion! Decided to fold that one. We piled A3hh for 28k or so at 800/1,600 and was called by ATcc. We even got a bit of a sweat when it came A-5-3, 2 turn, 5 river sigh.

In summary; never got out of first gear, was all-in bad twice and flipping once. Feel bad for the backers as we never even got a sweat. Maybe next time. ty & ul

Think I'm going to sell for the 500 deepstack and the GPS Sheffield as a package in March so check out the live staking board some time this week if you want a piece of what will hopefully be a more interesting couple of comps.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2696 on: February 22, 2014, 10:19:28 PM »

Sean "The Package" Belton.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: March 08, 2014, 06:33:16 PM »

Deepstack updates:

Played one hand in one hour, flopped the second best flush and now have a small amount of chips and a large amount of boredom
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: March 08, 2014, 08:46:03 PM »

Deepstack updates:

Played one hand in one hour, flopped the second best flush and now have a small amount of chips and a large amount of boredom

If you're getting bored, just try harder to get dealt a queen and a queen, then you'll be on cash games in no time Smiley

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: March 09, 2014, 02:17:16 PM »

Not read it myself, but heard from the £1/2/4 table that my exit hand was reported as J6 and I think the betting was reported wrong.

I'm not trying to Thorpe anyone here.

We were playing close to 7k @ 150/300/25. It's been opened UTG+1 to 625 by serial opener, called by serial peeler and the serial 3baller on the button has made it 1700. I'm in the sb with J9s. The cash tables weren't open, so I'm not going to put together an Alex Goulder-esque life equity equation Wink Thought we were getting folds most of the time, obviously sometimes from slightly better hands (JT, Q9-QJ, Kx-KJ, A2-A6), but as he called with KTo then I'm not sure how correct I was in my assessment. My image at the table was supposed to help as well, but I guess not.

Feel obviously disappointed with the result. Nothing seems to be going my way at the moment, but just have to slog through it I suppose
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: