blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:20:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 958581 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3000 on: April 27, 2015, 10:14:06 PM »

Have had a call from lowcostusa today. They're offering shared transfers (meaning coach transfers) from the airport to your hotel for £20 return.

I'm quite tempted by that. Standing in a queue for half an hour for a taxi is a ballache and that's a touch less than half the cab fare, if memory serves. Also has the benefit of a defined price.

Seem to be doing deals on the helicopter trips, too.

Obv, only applies to those of us who don't get the "Balla Limo picking us up because we have noir cards" treatment.

Might as well flick it in for a town car, if you don't like queuing?

Surely you could end up sat on the bus for an hour and a half?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: April 27, 2015, 10:16:33 PM »

Have had a call from lowcostusa today. They're offering shared transfers (meaning coach transfers) from the airport to your hotel for £20 return.

I'm quite tempted by that. Standing in a queue for half an hour for a taxi is a ballache and that's a touch less than half the cab fare, if memory serves. Also has the benefit of a defined price.

Obv, only applies to those of us who don't get the "Balla Limo picking us up because we have noir cards" treatment.

Town car? Enlighten me.

For some, inexplicable reason, I didn't even consider that the coach might go to other hotels on the way. Thread delivers!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: April 27, 2015, 10:17:02 PM »

Easily, especially if your hotel was sixth on the stop.

Since the new terminal opened, have never seen much of a queue at the cab rank - never more than a 2 minute wait in my experience.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: April 27, 2015, 10:19:43 PM »

When you come out to the cab area, there is a desk where you can grab a sedan for about $40/50, I think it is, and likewise plenty of limos.

Because I'm going downtown, I just prebook the Presidential Limos special, and pay about $120 return.

Would be nice if you got your own bus for a score Cheesy

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: April 27, 2015, 10:32:46 PM »

Didn't realise that existed, Marky. Only been five times!

Looks like the first gamble of the trip will be for this sight:

Click to see full-size image.

Unless you fancy picking me up in your Bilzerian Hummer for £25 $25 a Venti Latte, tikay..?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: April 27, 2015, 10:39:30 PM »

You playing the part of Verne, Tal?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: April 27, 2015, 10:48:18 PM »

The thing that amuses me most about that advert is the name of the gorilla. Gerald. Wild? I was absolutely livid!

Don't suppose Bilzerian has a Stan James account, eh Marky?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: April 27, 2015, 11:07:05 PM »

The thing that amuses me most about that advert is the name of the gorilla. Gerald. Wild? I was absolutely livid!

Don't suppose Bilzerian has a Stan James account, eh Marky?

Ha, I imagine he was shut down when he tried to place his first bet.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: April 28, 2015, 06:40:58 AM »

If you were a non poker player going for 10 days how much would you allocate for spending money outsides of flights/hotels?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: April 28, 2015, 08:27:47 AM »

If you were a non poker player going for 10 days how much would you allocate for spending money outsides of flights/hotels?

Depends if you are also a non gambler as well as being a non poker player.  With no gambling £100 a day should pay for everything else.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: April 28, 2015, 08:39:45 AM »

Impossible to say, Patrick, it totally depends on what they would want to do.

If they want to see a Show most night (& the Shows are terrific), that can cost a pretty penny, the tickets are quite expensive. 

If they enjoy top quality dining, same thing, a good meal for 2 most nights will add up.

Going to clubs? I always find these to be well dear, I dread to think how much it has cost me over the years to party & drink all night at Pure, XS, Hakkasan & Marquee. 

EDC adds a bit, too, though I would not miss that for the world.

Touristy things can be pricey, too, a helicopter trip to Grand Canyon can come in at $500, a flight down the Strip $100.

Add up the daily taxi fares, $50 every day would be easily spent, depending where they are based.

They could burn through several thousand $$$'s in no time.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: April 28, 2015, 12:24:08 PM »

I can get a flight out off Manchester to florida thomas cook one then 14 days later leaving las vegas to Manchester there saying int flights from florida to las vegas will be around £500 for two then there hotel on top off that

You don't need to pay that much for the internal flight.  I just checked South west airlines and they are about $250 one way from Tampa or Orlando to Vegas.  I don't know if they are cheapest but they are like a much more pleasant US version of Ryanair. In fact, they are only like Ryanair in that they are cheap.  Everything else is probably much better.

that is for 2 people buddy
Aspen

View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: April 28, 2015, 01:51:50 PM »

I was recommended Treasure Island hotel as a reasonable place to stay for location and price,can anyone confirm this to be the case?

Thanks in advance.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: April 28, 2015, 01:55:17 PM »

I was recommended Treasure Island hotel as a reasonable place to stay for location and price,can anyone confirm this to be the case?

Thanks in advance.

If the price is good, then it's a good spot to stay.

You're close to the Venetian/Wynn cardrooms, and you have plenty of food options in your own resort, and nearby, too.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: April 28, 2015, 03:54:33 PM »

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to one of the central points (imo) of the thread Smiley

It is a decent hotel, and it is a decent location, being fairly central (slightly North, but not a concern unless you are infirm)

Most of the time, it will be fairly decent for the quality/price.  Some of the time, it will be a great deal, sometimes it will be a horrible deal.  That;s because none of the Vegas hotels have fixed pricing, it is continuously variable.  Which means the choice is to go in blind and hope that you got a decent deal, or plug in your dates and see what comes back, and how that relates to comparable alternatives.

In English, if you got $50 per night while The Excal, Monte Carlo, Luxor and IP were all $50+ a night, you got a very good price and the pick of those hotels.  If you paid $100 a night while the Mirage was $100 a night, then you did ok, but almost certainly should have taken the Mirage instead.  If you paid $130 a night while the Venetian was $130 a night (or if you paid any amount when the Venetian was available for the same) then you got a bad deal.

Anyone that says "stay X, it's cheap" hasn't cottoned on to how Vegas works.  It might be cheap, but for your exact dates, Y might be better and cheaper.  Why take X without spending 30 mins looking?  The difference can be several hundred $$ in a week, or a much inferior hotel unnecessarily overpaid for.

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: