blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:20:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952691 times)
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: May 01, 2015, 05:58:26 PM »

The deal bit is worth talking about, if we haven't before.  If you are 4 handed with 3 US tax payers, you should have a very good chance of explaining how a deal would work where you take 1st place officially and then refund the other players some (but still in a +EV deal for you, with a +EV deal for them, assuming that it will not require them to report and assuming they have no intention of reporting if they don't have to.  It is also very easy to sort with a staked player who is very very happy to be written up as 4th.  Wonder why that is....

The 2 ways it will fail that I have come across are a) someone at the table is just too stupid to understand it or b) everyone has loads of loss receipts and the win declaration doesn't make too much difference to them, so with a PLayer of Series prize or just the prestige, they want the win.  a) is more likely than b) !!

If you are chip leader, work out a chip chop and take a bit extra, while pointing out they get extra too.  If you are shortstack, use the ICM calc and add some in too ofc.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: May 02, 2015, 11:37:09 AM »

Recently I booked the Rio directly 8 nights cost $1632
Looking on trivago > hotels direct I can get the same dates for £600 so I booked that too
When should I cancel the Rio direct booking ??
Could hotels direct let me down Huh?
I have e mail confirmation that it's booked
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: May 02, 2015, 11:53:36 AM »

Looking on trivago > hotels direct I can get the same dates for £600 so I booked that too

Just read your email, before I saw this... You might just be the greatest, Tony Cheesy

I'd have thought you're ok with anything that you book through Trivago, but if you're worried, contact their support before you do anything.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: May 02, 2015, 01:06:55 PM »

Ive never done this booking re booking n cancelling stuff I normally pick where I'm staying then look for it at a price I'm happy with !
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: May 02, 2015, 01:14:27 PM »

Just read your email, before I saw this... You might just be the greatest, Tony Cheesy

I'd have thought you're ok with anything that you book through Trivago, but if you're worried, contact their support before you do anything.

I think he has booked through hotels direct rather than trivago.  I have neve used them but the reviews seem solid so sure Tony will be fine with cancelling the direct booking.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: May 02, 2015, 01:28:10 PM »

I think he has booked through hotels direct rather than trivago.  I have neve used them but the reviews seem solid so sure Tony will be fine with cancelling the direct booking.

Yeah, he has. I was just suggesting that Tony could check that Trivago don't push muggy firms, for peace of mind.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: May 02, 2015, 03:25:21 PM »

Got a really good deal in what I presume is a British Airways sale, paying £480ish direct to vegas from Gatwick on the way out and a quick stop in LA on the way back to heathrow. Flying out June 22nd coming back July 2nd, think directs were possible for just over 600.

Given when I started following, all reasonable options from the UK were £1k+, I am well happy.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: May 02, 2015, 03:41:12 PM »

Got a really good deal in what I presume is a British Airways sale, paying £480ish direct to vegas from Gatwick on the way out and a quick stop in LA on the way back to heathrow. Flying out June 22nd coming back July 2nd, think directs were possible for just over 600.

Given when I started following, all reasonable options from the UK were £1k+, I am well happy.

Sounds very good, nice.

Going to be a long summer, here in the UK Cheesy

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: May 02, 2015, 10:13:11 PM »

I only got back from Vegas yesterday and already missing it. Weather here atm doesn't help.

It was the first time I have used them but lowcostusa were superb. Sent the vouchers when they said they would and didn't even need to show it when checking it at the hotel.

Virgin on the other hand are as usual a bunch of fuckwits. Plane was delayed so they changed to an old non-upgraded plane and completely ignored anyones seat requests. Had to go and harass the boarding staff before the gate opened to get the family sat together and not all over the place. Seems it was the same for the whole plane.

Can confirm that US players still love Ace rag and continue to call any action to the river with it!!!
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3039 on: May 04, 2015, 01:38:41 PM »

Whats the story with LowcostUSA?

Fancy going to the Aria and they are listing the room for over £250 less than booking direct through the hotel.

I'm surprised to see such a difference, is there anything I am missing?

I notice some hotels it says 'call now' and others there is a link to 'book now' - reason?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: May 04, 2015, 02:08:07 PM »

Fancy going to the Aria and they are listing the room for over £250 less than booking direct through the hotel.

I notice some hotels it says 'call now' and others there is a link to 'book now' - reason?

See post above yours.

Book.

Enjoy spending the savings Smiley

They're a very good company, and quite often will have decent savings over booking direct. The only downside, is it costs you £30 if you need to change or cancel, and you're not going to earn any comped nights this trip.

No idea why you have to call for some rooms, and can just book others.

Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3041 on: May 04, 2015, 02:15:35 PM »

Cheers Marky
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: May 04, 2015, 03:01:07 PM »

Normally booking direct will give you a quote with the resort fee added. LowcostUSA don't any more afaik.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: May 05, 2015, 11:52:55 AM »

A question for those of you that have stayed at the Golden Nugget.

22 nights 6 June to 28 June comes out at £1823 on Lowcostusa. Would the poker room rate be cheaper? I am playing most of my MTTs there (hopefully) but been let down on accom. so looking for a last minute Downtown hotel

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: May 05, 2015, 01:34:44 PM »

For the trip i just had, lowcostusa price included all the RF as well. Quite a saving for me as had 2 rooms for 9 nights.

MLife rewards seem to have got a lot worse. Used mine for slots/poker/dining/activities etc and earned pretty much sod all
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: