blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 09:37:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272896 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 970045 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4350 on: April 03, 2017, 04:49:02 PM »

I think the Virgin MBNA extra sign up bonus finishes today. 35,000 miles available if you sign up for both.

http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/02/05/virgin-credit-card-sign-up-bonus-raised
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: April 03, 2017, 05:02:20 PM »

What's the GTO strategy?

Anyone had any experience using Airbnb in Vegas? Some nice looking places at very decent prices near the Rio.

Flights from London best part of £1100 atm :/ Is there an easter sale on usually or something? Usually got it booked up by now...

Anyone paying > £1k gets to fail their 11+  BuyMiles bonus at the moment can get you from zero to a rewards seat for £600, then a further £200 in airport jizz for £800 total.  Less, for anyone already with air miles.  Anyone not in possession of a flying club account, pls let me refer you so I get free miles, ty! 

Remember this?  Well, still this!  Obv the terms will have changed and subject to dates etc which I haven't looked into, but here is a great way to start.  They are changing the reward seats into peak/off-peak too, just to factor one more thing in.  But a pretty good bet that you can hold out for Easter sale and then start from 0miles and GTO yourself in for less than the sticker price.

https://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/flying-club/miles/spend-miles/reward-flights.html

Lol, strong work Simon. Do I write the same post every year? Cheesy

Thanks all

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: April 03, 2017, 06:03:44 PM »

Booked my trip couple weeks back
Never flown with them before but Thomas cook airlines from Manchester. 
Saved chunk booking package but I'm pretty sure flight by itself was only 500 or just under.
Doesn't fly every day but worth a look for northerners or people like me where it's just as easy to hop from newquay to Manchester as it is any London one.
And if you're not using one book through cashback site ( I use quidco but theres a few to choose from ) and save another few % on most trips/flights/hotels if not gambling .   ( not just above trip )
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: April 03, 2017, 07:21:38 PM »

Hi there guys,

Thought I'd pick your collective brains on here, as it seems that flight prices have gone insane recently.

I won a Grosvenor Poker Colossus VEGAS package online last night, and part of the package is £1000 for flights/spending money.

I'm looking to take me wife with me when I go the dates are (2nd June - 9th June), but don't mind adding a couple of days onto the end if I can find the flights for the right price.

Any good tips on which sites to use, or when to book, or if any credit cards can garner loyalty points to use (we also have 53k avios points between us).

Thanks in advance,

Ben.

Best looking deal I've spotted after a quick look is £2.2k for 7 nights at Linq, and flying Virgin direct.

You'll have a couple hundred bucks in resort fees to go on that, too. You're centre strip, and right in the middle of the new esplanade type area and hi-roller etc.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: April 03, 2017, 08:11:53 PM »

Hi there guys,

Thought I'd pick your collective brains on here, as it seems that flight prices have gone insane recently.

I won a Grosvenor Poker Colossus VEGAS package online last night, and part of the package is £1000 for flights/spending money.

I'm looking to take me wife with me when I go the dates are (2nd June - 9th June), but don't mind adding a couple of days onto the end if I can find the flights for the right price.

Any good tips on which sites to use, or when to book, or if any credit cards can garner loyalty points to use (we also have 53k avios points between us).

Thanks in advance,

Ben.

Best looking deal I've spotted after a quick look is £2.2k for 7 nights at Linq, and flying Virgin direct.

You'll have a couple hundred bucks in resort fees to go on that, too. You're centre strip, and right in the middle of the new esplanade type area and hi-roller etc.

Yeah but you'd save a fiver starting in Gambia Wink

I'm seeing similar prices for Flamingo, Harrahs, Bally's, Excalibur etc using Virgin flights; not stayed at Linq but would guess that's the best of the budget bunch.

Does the package not include accom?

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: April 03, 2017, 08:25:40 PM »

Hi there guys,

Thanks in advance,

Ben.

I'm seeing similar prices for Flamingo, Harrahs, Bally's, Excalibur etc using Virgin flights; not stayed at Linq but would guess that's the best of the budget bunch.

Gambia sounds nice, and bound to be a cheap night out Grin

Yeah, that was about it for me. It has just been refurbed, and has the best location for both ends of the strip.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: April 03, 2017, 11:15:30 PM »

Hi there guys,

Thanks in advance,

Ben.

Gambia sounds nice, and bound to be a cheap night out Grin

Yeah, that was about it for me. It has just been refurbed, and has the best location for both ends of the strip.

Had a beer in there on Thursday night, really nice inside if you like it modern. Low table limits and a good bar area and a pretty fun atmosphere. Would defo choose it over Flamingo, Harrah's, but I havent actually seen any of the rooms in said hotels. Suite at the Venetian ftw.  Wink

Plus obvs not far from the famous Piano Bar at Harrah's!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: April 03, 2017, 11:29:11 PM »

lol at Venetian 'suites', lob a small sofa in with a telly in front and it's a 'suite'   Cheesy
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: April 04, 2017, 12:30:24 AM »

Lob a small sofa in Cheesy

Venetian/Palazzo rooms are massive, with sofa, dinner table, and desk.  The sofa is a fucking massive L shaped job, that can open into a full bed.

Bathrooms in there are as big as half the other places on the strip.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: April 04, 2017, 12:31:28 AM »

Had a beer in there on Thursday night, really nice inside if you like it modern. Low table limits and a good bar area and a pretty fun atmosphere. Would defo choose it over Flamingo, Harrah's, but I havent actually seen any of the rooms in said hotels. Suite at the Venetian ftw.  Wink

Plus obvs not far from the famous Piano Bar at Harrah's!

Not been in there since they had the karaoke bar on the top floor, but knew they had done a full refurb not long back.

Palazzo was my favourite place to stay when I was a strip dweller. Enjoy!

Sweetman

View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: April 04, 2017, 12:52:14 AM »

Hi there guys,

Thanks in advance,

Ben.

Thanks mate, forgot to say the 2nd June to the 9th June we have accom sorted for us at the linq.

Managed to find some flights, thurs 1st - tuesday 13th (direct for £800 each). Seems like Main Event travel who are organising the accom will sort us out with the day's stay the day before and then were going to have the last 4 days (9th-12th) at the Aria on 2 x 2 night "smartervegas" promos with 2 x $100 resort credit over the four days.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: April 04, 2017, 02:15:06 PM »

Gatwick-Vegas on Virgin Atlantic btw 7/8june-15july

If you fancy a trip to the continent first...

Click to see full-size image.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: April 04, 2017, 03:48:55 PM »

Hi there guys,

Thanks in advance,

Ben.

Thanks mate, forgot to say the 2nd June to the 9th June we have accom sorted for us at the linq.

Managed to find some flights, thurs 1st - tuesday 13th (direct for £800 each). Seems like Main Event travel who are organising the accom will sort us out with the day's stay the day before and then were going to have the last 4 days (9th-12th) at the Aria on 2 x 2 night "smartervegas" promos with 2 x $100 resort credit over the four days.

Haha, spooky stuff.

Good to do the 5* at the end, as it's never fun starting off in the best resort.

Best of luck, and enjoy the trip.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: April 05, 2017, 11:22:36 AM »

2500 Virgin miles for spending £40 on Nerf guns at Tesco Direct, win win.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: April 05, 2017, 01:18:38 PM »

What happens if you buy em n go to cust service for a refund ?
Do they grab the miles back ?
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: