blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:32:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272623 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8809 8810 8811 8812 [8813] 8814 8815 8816 8817 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13446655 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #132180 on: March 21, 2018, 06:00:08 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/43487460

Oh Chris Gunter sha la la la la la la

Chinese super fans of Wales but more particularly Chris Gunter....
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #132181 on: March 21, 2018, 10:40:02 PM »

Reckon we should shovel as much as we can on Bottas each way for the Australian Grand Prix at 15/2.

A few bookies are offering a fifth first 3 again.  That means that we are getting 6/4 on an even money chance with our place money.  We lose a bit on the win money, but just keep shovelling until you can shovel no more.  Chorals, lads, PP and BFSB all offer this. 

Rince repeat with the Bottas 10/1 for the drivers championship.  Here we get 2/1 on a bet that should be about evens. Choral and Billys are taking bets.

Chorals website is as bad as ever, but the mobile one worked ok.

The Mercedes still looks the fastest car, and though the Red Bull might be closer, the Ferrari looks a bit further back.  Think this makes it swings and roundabouts and Merecedes are rightly odds on for the championship.  I suspect Bottas is still a bit underated.

Anyway, get on.

Cheers

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #132182 on: March 21, 2018, 10:56:53 PM »

Alright, it's the moment I'm sure you've all been on the edge of your seats for. The F1 season is back this weekend.

This is, without question, the most tricky pre-season analysis I have ever done. I have never had such low confidence about my predictions heading into a season, but I do still trust my own judgement. I appear to have discovered a hidden truth where teams have decided that race pace is considerably more important than qualifying pace for this season. Usually, all teams will do at least one low fuel, flying lap during the eight days of testing - but this year, it seems to me like no-one did at all. Nevertheless, I have crunched all the data and come up with a pecking order - both at the start and end of the season by taking into account typical car development rates over the last three seasons.

Based on that data, bet suggestions for the season, and the grand prix this weekend, are below.

Championship Winner: https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/winner
Valtteri Bottas @ 11/1 with Betway. Admittedly the second quickest driver in this team, but 11/1, in the fastest car, I'll take those odds all day long. EW top three, medium bet size. I would happily go down to 8/1 too.
Sebastian Vettel @ 9/2 with Betstars. I expect the gap between Ferrari and Mercedes to largely stay the same this year, and Vettel was only 46 points off Lewis last season, 9/2 seems generous given this, and given that Ferrari had the quickest time of anyone in pre-season testing. EW top three, max bet. Would go down to 4/1.

Australian GP Top Six: https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/australian-grand-prix/top-6-finish
Sergio Perez @ 7/1 with Betfair/Paddy Power. I don't think it's likely that this will come off. It will certainly rely on some issues with the expected top six. It also relies on the theory of Force India sandbagging more than anyone else in testing being proven to be correct. I'm dubious myself. However, I am also wary that we may never see this price again. Small bet size.

There are a few more markets, such as the spreads, that I want to scour more thoroughly before making suggestions. I'm just shattered right now. Will look into it some more tomorrow evening.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #132183 on: March 21, 2018, 11:24:04 PM »

Sure Vettel e/w for the championship is fine too. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #132184 on: March 21, 2018, 11:44:01 PM »

Outright - Wgc Dell Technologies Match Play
Outright
EW 1/4 1,2,3,4   Patrick Reed   33/1   
Total stake   20.00
Estimated return   432.50

Paul Casey
WGC Dell Technologies Match Play Winner
20/1
Total Stake: £20.00
Each Way (4 Places at 1/4 Odds) Total Returns: £270.00

Both won first matches, Casey rather lucky it has to be said. 

DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #132185 on: March 22, 2018, 06:16:01 AM »

England take on New Zealand in a Test Match starting at, I think, about Midnight tonight.

Match odds are (roughly), 6/4 England, 6/4 the Draw & 9/4 NZ.

Any angles that can be exploited in the market?

https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/new-zealand-v-england/1st-test/betting-markets

England 58 all out!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132186 on: March 22, 2018, 07:09:03 AM »

England take on New Zealand in a Test Match starting at, I think, about Midnight tonight.

Match odds are (roughly), 6/4 England, 6/4 the Draw & 9/4 NZ.

Any angles that can be exploited in the market?

https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/new-zealand-v-england/1st-test/betting-markets

England 58 all out!

I had intended to back England at 6/4, and only realised when I woke up this morning that I had forgotten to get on, so was pretty cross with myself.

Turned the TV on, saw the score, yay, now I'm a happy bunny.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132187 on: March 22, 2018, 09:32:53 AM »

Reckon we should shovel as much as we can on Bottas each way for the Australian Grand Prix at 15/2.

A few bookies are offering a fifth first 3 again.  That means that we are getting 6/4 on an even money chance with our place money.  We lose a bit on the win money, but just keep shovelling until you can shovel no more.  Chorals, lads, PP and BFSB all offer this. 

Rince repeat with the Bottas 10/1 for the drivers championship.  Here we get 2/1 on a bet that should be about evens. Choral and Billys are taking bets.

Chorals website is as bad as ever, but the mobile one worked ok.

The Mercedes still looks the fastest car, and though the Red Bull might be closer, the Ferrari looks a bit further back.  Think this makes it swings and roundabouts and Merecedes are rightly odds on for the championship.  I suspect Bottas is still a bit underated.

Anyway, get on.

Cheers

Valtteri Bottas
Formula One Winner
10/1
Each Way (3 Places at 1/5 Odds)
Total Stake: £50.00
Potential Returns: £350.00

Valtteri Bottas
Australian Grand Prix Winner
15/2
Each Way (3 Places at 1/5 Odds)
Total Stake: £50.00
Potential Returns: £275.00

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132188 on: March 22, 2018, 09:35:02 AM »

Alright, it's the moment I'm sure you've all been on the edge of your seats for. The F1 season is back this weekend.

This is, without question, the most tricky pre-season analysis I have ever done. I have never had such low confidence about my predictions heading into a season, but I do still trust my own judgement. I appear to have discovered a hidden truth where teams have decided that race pace is considerably more important than qualifying pace for this season. Usually, all teams will do at least one low fuel, flying lap during the eight days of testing - but this year, it seems to me like no-one did at all. Nevertheless, I have crunched all the data and come up with a pecking order - both at the start and end of the season by taking into account typical car development rates over the last three seasons.

Based on that data, bet suggestions for the season, and the grand prix this weekend, are below.

Championship Winner: https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/winner
Valtteri Bottas @ 11/1 with Betway. Admittedly the second quickest driver in this team, but 11/1, in the fastest car, I'll take those odds all day long. EW top three, medium bet size. I would happily go down to 8/1 too.
Sebastian Vettel @ 9/2 with Betstars. I expect the gap between Ferrari and Mercedes to largely stay the same this year, and Vettel was only 46 points off Lewis last season, 9/2 seems generous given this, and given that Ferrari had the quickest time of anyone in pre-season testing. EW top three, max bet. Would go down to 4/1.

Australian GP Top Six: https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/australian-grand-prix/top-6-finish
Sergio Perez @ 7/1 with Betfair/Paddy Power. I don't think it's likely that this will come off. It will certainly rely on some issues with the expected top six. It also relies on the theory of Force India sandbagging more than anyone else in testing being proven to be correct. I'm dubious myself. However, I am also wary that we may never see this price again. Small bet size.

There are a few more markets, such as the spreads, that I want to scour more thoroughly before making suggestions. I'm just shattered right now. Will look into it some more tomorrow evening.

Bottas placed above

Vettel the best we can get is 7/2, below your threshold, have left it

Sergio Perez
Australian Grand Prix Top 6 Finish
7/1
Total Stake: 10.00
Total Returns: 80.00

My eyes are open wide
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132189 on: March 22, 2018, 10:36:54 AM »

I can do Vettel at 9/2 if you like, how much do you want?

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132190 on: March 22, 2018, 11:00:34 AM »

"EW top three, max bet"

what can you get on?

£50 e/w given its nine months?

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132191 on: March 22, 2018, 11:04:15 AM »

Superwomble - if you get something on for Fred, PM me your Bank Details & I'll get the cash across to you right away.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132192 on: March 22, 2018, 11:06:38 AM »

"EW top three, max bet"

what can you get on?

£50 e/w given its nine months?

Booked, have screenshot on my phone if you need it.

superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132193 on: March 22, 2018, 11:09:34 AM »

Superwomble - if you get something on for Fred, PM me your Bank Details & I'll get the cash across to you right away.

Hi tikay, you can send it if you like, or settle up when done, I'm fine either way. I've sent you my details before but if you want/need them again let me know  thumbs up

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132194 on: March 22, 2018, 11:19:58 AM »

Hi tikay, you can send it if you like, or settle up when done, I'm fine either way. I've sent you my details before but if you want/need them again let me know  thumbs up

Probably safest if we settle up now. I may have your Bank Deets but please send them again via PM, as I've forgotten your real name, sorry. 

Pages: 1 ... 8809 8810 8811 8812 [8813] 8814 8815 8816 8817 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: