blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:09:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 1833 1834 1835 1836 [1837] 1838 1839 1840 1841 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13442973 times)
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #27540 on: January 22, 2013, 05:18:19 AM »

Bulls win by 12 without Deng, Kobe shoots a woeful 25% and 16 points and it goes massively under. Gahhh wish I just pounded it without the Deng knowledge, Lakers are SO bad.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 05:23:43 AM by TL900 » Logged

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27541 on: January 22, 2013, 09:49:16 AM »

England play the 4th ODI Cricket against India tomorrow

They are 2-1 down after playing poorly in the last two games

The fifth ODI at Dharamsala is in doubt due to....

This match is being played in the Punjab at Mohali. Traditionally it is the most seamer friendly ground in India.

It also tends to favour the side batting first. 14 of 20 ODIs have been won by the side batting first. Why? The games are day-night and batting second under lights in dewy conditions is tough.

So

- this is a "toss" match

- conditions favour England more than most Indian grounds

In a toss match, the underdog can often represent value as you are offered a "price" on a team that can get the best of conditions.....

Add to that the current situation in Mohali (playing a tour in the Indian winter...)

Quotes

"The prevailing extreme cold conditions in north India may affect the fourth India-England One-day International in Mohali on Wednesday with the nearby Shivalik and other ranges currently covered with snow.

The cold weather has affected the growth of grass in the outfield and on the pitch square. Due to the adverse conditions the ground is looking brownish, which is starkly different from the traditional lush green outfield at the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) Stadium, said a top official.

"Since it's been snowing on the hills near Mohali, it has impacted this city too. It rained here day before and that has left moisture on the ground. We need bright sunshine to dry up the ground," PCA joint secretary GS Walia told Mail Today.

"Due to cold conditions, pacers are expected to exploit the conditions that will help them move the ball appreciably. Since it is a daynight encounter, batsmen would find it difficult to cope with swinging deliveries especially in the second innings, which would be played in the evening when the temperature drops further," points out another PCA official.

( http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/england-vs-india-pacers-may-exploit-cold-conditions-at-mohali-odi/1/243074.html )

These are essentially two evenly matched teams, but conditions here should suit England's bowlers, and neutralise the Indian batting which generally does best on dry flat tracks, and the Indian spinners who England have some difficulites with

Because England have lost two in a row they are 6/4 underdogs

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/india-v-england/odi-series/india-v-england-%5B4th-odi%5D/winner

Win the toss, they are odds-on

Lose the toss, and you have chances anyway, particularly for Steven Finn, to make 6/4 a sporting price because of conditions.

Recommendation

£40 win England at 6/4.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #27542 on: January 22, 2013, 09:51:44 AM »

Ladbrokes are out of line, Norwich relegation at 8/1 - its actually a small arb at the moment (for peanuts) as can be laid on Betfair at 8.2-8.8 for small amounts.

I have had a look at fixtures and results; clearly they are having a rough time, taking 1 pts from a possible 18; however in fairness looking at games I wouldn't have expected them to take more than three.  I accept other teams are in freefall, Villa, Newcastle, Wigan - however I think they have a bit more about them than Norwich from a depth perspective.  Reading are taking more points; granted aginst some lesser sides and the impact of Adkins going is not clear.

I don't have a really strong opinion they will go down, I do tink they are 6/1 shots at best when I priced up.  Would welcome those more informed than me to give a view.  Next four games are key, including Fulham, Spurs and Everton at home and QPR away - not beyond the realms of possibilioty they take one point from that lot and they will be nearer 3/4s dependant on other results.  theyhave some tough away games left (Man U, Stoke, Wigan, Arsenal) and some potential 6 pointers at home towards the end of the season, which I like (Villa and Reading)

Opinion; I'd reccomed a £50 bet at (only at this price) suggesting they are value.  Apprecitae we have a QPR bet as well.

I'm no expert but fwiw I really like this bet . 8/1 seems pretty big too me and I really don't rate Norwich at all.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #27543 on: January 22, 2013, 10:03:53 AM »

Ladbrokes are out of line, Norwich relegation at 8/1 - its actually a small arb at the moment (for peanuts) as can be laid on Betfair at 8.2-8.8 for small amounts.

I have had a look at fixtures and results; clearly they are having a rough time, taking 1 pts from a possible 18; however in fairness looking at games I wouldn't have expected them to take more than three.  I accept other teams are in freefall, Villa, Newcastle, Wigan - however I think they have a bit more about them than Norwich from a depth perspective.  Reading are taking more points; granted aginst some lesser sides and the impact of Adkins going is not clear.

I don't have a really strong opinion they will go down, I do tink they are 6/1 shots at best when I priced up.  Would welcome those more informed than me to give a view.  Next four games are key, including Fulham, Spurs and Everton at home and QPR away - not beyond the realms of possibilioty they take one point from that lot and they will be nearer 3/4s dependant on other results.  theyhave some tough away games left (Man U, Stoke, Wigan, Arsenal) and some potential 6 pointers at home towards the end of the season, which I like (Villa and Reading)

Opinion; I'd reccomed a £50 bet at (only at this price) suggesting they are value.  Apprecitae we have a QPR bet as well.

I'm no expert but fwiw I really like this bet . 8/1 seems pretty big too me and I really don't rate Norwich at all.

You may think the price is good, but who are they going to take the place of? Reading are not adding enough, Wigan similar (as usual) and QPR to stay up from now on is a big ask.

Look at stats and so on it looks as a season where 40 points will be more than enough, 12 games & it looks as if 4 wins will be enough, think they can pick enough points up at home.

They got hammered at Liverpool, but they are in form, but still had chances.

They will be OK.

8's maybe good, but bet isn't, imo.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #27544 on: January 22, 2013, 10:11:15 AM »

Don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Norwich's poor form could continue for quite a while yet.  Given that the bottom dwellers have all been showing upturns recently that 8-1 could look big in a month's time in my opinion.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #27545 on: January 22, 2013, 10:14:35 AM »

Don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Norwich's poor form could continue for quite a while yet.  Given that the bottom dwellers have all been showing upturns recently that 8-1 could look big in a month's time in my opinion.

They have been against decent teams though.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #27546 on: January 22, 2013, 10:18:10 AM »

Like Lance @ 4/7 to cry tears during Oprah chat. Can't see why he'd choose her for 1st interview unless he's going to open the waterworks. Even if he doesn't confess, he's liable to break down playing the victim card, IMO. Make it about a 1/9 shot.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/sports-novelties/lance-armstrong-betting?ev_oc_grp_ids=1154442

Bugger. Was prepared to back this but 4/9 already. Would go against a lifetime of avoiding such prices! The 5/6 for over 5.5 times the word "doping" is said seems a steal too!

Not sure if the man cried, as didnt watch it all, but based on the reason for the interview the doping bet was easy money. Took em a while to pay, and not sure if Fred did it but Im sure a few did. Grin

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #27547 on: January 22, 2013, 10:21:12 AM »

True they have had a tough run of fixtures.  But I don't fancy them too much for the next batch either - maybe apart from the Fulham game.  And if they lose to Spurs and QPR then confidence will be fragile for that Fulham game, knowing the next 2 fixtures.

Spurs (H)
QPR (A)
Fulham (H)
Everton (H)
Man Utd (A)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27548 on: January 22, 2013, 10:36:26 AM »

Winter report card on thread's MLB bet, the Kansas City Royals

http://mlb.si.com/2013/01/21/winter-report-card-kansas-city-royals/#more-3862?sct=uk_t11_a5

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #27549 on: January 22, 2013, 10:44:14 AM »

There's 9/2 knocking about for the draw tonight at villa park.

I like the BTTS, though, given both sets of defences and the mentality that both teams should be approaching the game with - Villa need to pepper the onion bag and Bradford will think an away goal kills the tie.

This is one where I think both sides should score. I've seen nothing to suggest Villa will neutralise the aerial threat Bradford pose.

17/20 available with Bet Victor; 4/5 generally.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27550 on: January 22, 2013, 10:46:18 AM »

England play the 4th ODI Cricket against India tomorrow

They are 2-1 down after playing poorly in the last two games

The fifth ODI at Dharamsala is in doubt due to....

This match is being played in the Punjab at Mohali. Traditionally it is the most seamer friendly ground in India.

It also tends to favour the side batting first. 14 of 20 ODIs have been won by the side batting first. Why? The games are day-night and batting second under lights in dewy conditions is tough.

So

- this is a "toss" match

- conditions favour England more than most Indian grounds

In a toss match, the underdog can often represent value as you are offered a "price" on a team that can get the best of conditions.....

Add to that the current situation in Mohali (playing a tour in the Indian winter...)

Quotes

"The prevailing extreme cold conditions in north India may affect the fourth India-England One-day International in Mohali on Wednesday with the nearby Shivalik and other ranges currently covered with snow.

The cold weather has affected the growth of grass in the outfield and on the pitch square. Due to the adverse conditions the ground is looking brownish, which is starkly different from the traditional lush green outfield at the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) Stadium, said a top official.

"Since it's been snowing on the hills near Mohali, it has impacted this city too. It rained here day before and that has left moisture on the ground. We need bright sunshine to dry up the ground," PCA joint secretary GS Walia told Mail Today.

"Due to cold conditions, pacers are expected to exploit the conditions that will help them move the ball appreciably. Since it is a daynight encounter, batsmen would find it difficult to cope with swinging deliveries especially in the second innings, which would be played in the evening when the temperature drops further," points out another PCA official.

( http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/england-vs-india-pacers-may-exploit-cold-conditions-at-mohali-odi/1/243074.html )

These are essentially two evenly matched teams, but conditions here should suit England's bowlers, and neutralise the Indian batting which generally does best on dry flat tracks, and the Indian spinners who England have some difficulites with

Because England have lost two in a row they are 6/4 underdogs

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/india-v-england/odi-series/india-v-england-%5B4th-odi%5D/winner

Win the toss, they are odds-on

Lose the toss, and you have chances anyway, particularly for Steven Finn, to make 6/4 a sporting price because of conditions.

Recommendation

£40 win England at 6/4.

Thanks Rich.

SNOW? WTF?

Anyway, for the 4th ODI, we are safely aboard.

We have £40 @ 6/4, Blue Square, England to beat India, 4th ODI.

ON

Selection England @ 6/4 
Market
 Match Winner

Event
 India v England
4th ODI - India v England
2013-01-23 06:00:00

Bet Type

Bet Type
 Win Single

Unit Stake
 £40.00

Number of Units
 x1

Total Stake
 £40.00

Time and Date Placed
 2013-01-22 10:35:48

Receipt Number
 O/0891659/0000182

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #27551 on: January 22, 2013, 10:54:44 AM »

There's 9/2 knocking about for the draw tonight at villa park.

I like the BTTS, though, given both sets of defences and the mentality that both teams should be approaching the game with - Villa need to pepper the onion bag and Bradford will think an away goal kills the tie.

This is one where I think both sides should score. I've seen nothing to suggest Villa will neutralise the aerial threat Bradford pose.

17/20 available with Bet Victor; 4/5 generally.

I must admit I like the draw in both games.

The two "inferior" teams have decent leads to protect, and will be chasing every ball and locked up tighter than a tighty thing. The "superior" teams could quickly get dispirited if they dont make the early breakthrough and the games could peter out. I have had a small banzai on the draw double and singles.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #27552 on: January 22, 2013, 11:13:35 AM »

I don't like the odds on both teams to score in the Villa game at all to be honest.  My thinking is:

Prem team at home to L2 team most likely result is Prem team win to nil
Bradford will at least start with a heavy defence given that they have a 2 goal lead to protect
I don't think Bradford will be thinking about away goal - more the mentality lets get to 20 mins at 0-0.  Then half time and we've done half the job.

I'd be a layer of both teams to score at this price to be honest.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27553 on: January 22, 2013, 11:17:55 AM »

The Norwich Discussion.

Current best price is 7/1

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

I am not a football expert by any means, but I don't think that particularly reps value. Happy to listen to further views though.

The current League Table is here.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tables

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #27554 on: January 22, 2013, 11:23:59 AM »

I don't like the odds on both teams to score in the Villa game at all to be honest.  My thinking is:

Prem team at home to L2 team most likely result is Prem team win to nil
Bradford will at least start with a heavy defence given that they have a 2 goal lead to protect
I don't think Bradford will be thinking about away goal - more the mentality lets get to 20 mins at 0-0.  Then half time and we've done half the job.

I'd be a layer of both teams to score at this price to be honest.

Probably should have asked you if you wanted to lay before I backed, then Smiley

Really don't see Villa keeping a clean sheet. They've managed one in the last 12 in all competitions and their biggest weakness is in the air. These kids at the back can't grow in a couple of weeks, however hard they've been working in training. West Brom were too strong in the second half.

Parkinson's been making a lot of noise about attacking, which might reasonably be taken with a pinch of salt, but I firmly believe sitting back and inviting a team with no confidence but plenty of talent forward is a recipe for disaster.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 1833 1834 1835 1836 [1837] 1838 1839 1840 1841 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: