blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:38:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 3782 3783 3784 3785 [3786] 3787 3788 3789 3790 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13446303 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #56775 on: October 14, 2013, 04:02:55 PM »

That is run by a guy called Johnny Chan. Not that one. Johnny Chan of Ledbury. Guy loves his home town.

He used to put all the tracks on a CD for me in the pre-Youtube days. Had an insane hedge back then.

Went to Ledbury for a poetry festival once.

Tikay wasn't there.

Treetops Hotel best place to stay in the area (NAP).

Lovely town, some great boozers.

I went up there a couple times for the weekend on the lash when I was in the Navy, plenty of boozers and a decent night out.

OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #56776 on: October 14, 2013, 04:07:24 PM »

Thanks for all the lovely compliments. For those that didn't watch it, the main contenders were attacking all the way up the final climb ... Costa and Martin both had a go but couldn't make it stick. Our guy timed it beautifully, looking like he would win easily, but near the end was starting to get reeled in. I thought I was going to have a heart attack when Dan Martin made his final attack. Glad I could help a few Fredites get the week off to a good start.

PS. Adzy, that's payback for that wonderful golf double you gave me. Still my biggest win Smiley
PPS. Not much cycling till next year Sad Will have to find a new line of work.

Sigh, I should have known it was an omen being on your table on Stars and didnt back your tip FML top bombing sir
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #56777 on: October 14, 2013, 04:22:08 PM »

Cabrera @240 in The Masters a few years back was my highlight.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #56778 on: October 14, 2013, 04:40:27 PM »

I'm sure St Louis in the SuperBowl was the best. 1st bet at 100/1, decent bet at 80/1. I took 4/9 on the day.

My closest big price one was fun.

I was invited by a bookmaker who thought they might have a chance with me (I forget who but possibly a spread firm) to watch the Ryder Cup over inner and drinks in some London restaurant (The Ivey maybe?). I thought I'd better have a bet but the pairings were not out and I was struggling for new accounts so it was going to be tricky. I wanted to relax and not deal with dozens of calls.

I had a theory and I put my money behind it.

Europe were 1000/1 to be 8-0 up after the first day. They were underdogs outright being in the US and some of their groups were 7/4. If the afternoon prices looked similar to the morning ones then an acca of all the prices came to about 2000/1.

I had a monkey on. It may have been with Ladbrokes, if not it was Corals (I couldn't get £25 ew a horse at 9/1 in a 17-runner handicap the other day).

Chris Riley of the US holed a putt at the 18th to make a half. The score in the morning was 3.5-0.5.

The Euros lead in all the afternoon ones for a bit but eventually they "only" won those four 3-1.

It would have been a great fun afternoon session if the guy had missed the 7-footer.

In 2008 I did have £500 on a 100/1 winner. I told people on my Facebook status that it was an insane price and they should back it. I don't think many did.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #56779 on: October 14, 2013, 04:46:07 PM »

Cabrera @240 in The Masters a few years back was my highlight.

Lol, oh yes. Was a good Masters!

Biggest fixed odds was one of my earlier bets, on a horse called Beckingham Ben had £2 ew at 250-1 back in 1986/7. Think he came 2nd in a 6 horse race

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56780 on: October 14, 2013, 04:46:25 PM »

I'm sure St Louis in the SuperBowl was the best. 1st bet at 100/1, decent bet at 80/1. I took 4/9 on the day.

I was invited by a bookmaker who thought they might have a chance with me (I forget who but possibly a spread firm) to watch the Ryder Cup over inner and drinks in some London restaurant (The Ivey maybe?). I thought I'd better have a bet but the pairings were not out and I was struggling for new accounts so it was going to be tricky. I wanted to relax and not deal with dozens of calls.

Europe were 1000/1 to be 8-0 up after the first day. They were underdogs outright being in the US and some of their groups were 7/4. If the afternoon prices looked similar to the morning ones then an acca of all the prices came to about 2000/1.

I had a monkey on. It may have been with Ladbrokes, if not it was Corals (I couldn't get £25 ew a horse at 9/1 in a 17-runner handicap the other day).

Chris Riley of the US holed a putt at the 18th to make a half. The score in the morning was 3.5-0.5.

The Euros lead in all the afternoon ones for a bit but eventually they "only" won those four 3-1.

It would have been a great fun afternoon session if the guy had missed the 7-footer.

In 2008 I did have £500 on a 100/1 winner. I told people on my Facebook status that it was an insane price and they should back it. I don't think many did.

Was that on the winner of a certain poker Tournament?.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #56781 on: October 14, 2013, 04:56:48 PM »

Was that on the winner of a certain poker Tournament?.....

Was on the small fat bald bloke in 4th that year!!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #56782 on: October 14, 2013, 05:11:11 PM »

looks like mm is staying after a 5 hour meeting

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #56783 on: October 14, 2013, 05:11:58 PM »

I'm not sure whether it says more about me or gambling in general that I can't remember the details of my biggest price winner yet I can remember all the near misses in excrutiating details.  It was a 150-1 dual forecast in a F1 race but I can't remember the drivers although one may have been Hamilton.  The losers - Jean van De Velde was the most painful as I have described before.  It still hurts 15 years later.  The Giant Bolster and Go Ballistic in Gold Cups, Marc Warren in last years Scottish Open, Carbrera in this years Masters, Scott Stallings throwing away a three shot lead in the Humana, Raikkonnen at 150/1 in a f1 race......actually the more I think about the more I realise what a talent I have for unlucky losers but not such a talent for lucky winners.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56784 on: October 14, 2013, 05:29:54 PM »

I really like England to win and both teams to score tomrrow night 5/2 Coral or William Hill

Did this last week v Montenegro, and the price is the same for tomorrow

England are 1/4, so no value

Looking around for alternatives, Poland have options going forward and England are look to me capable of letting the odd one in, even if it is just a consolation as last week

Would 5/2 Eng/BTTS be value?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
cheapwetsuit

View Profile
« Reply #56785 on: October 14, 2013, 06:00:32 PM »

Thanks for all the lovely compliments. For those that didn't watch it, the main contenders were attacking all the way up the final climb ... Costa and Martin both had a go but couldn't make it stick. Our guy timed it beautifully, looking like he would win easily, but near the end was starting to get reeled in. I thought I was going to have a heart attack when Dan Martin made his final attack. Glad I could help a few Fredites get the week off to a good start.

PS. Adzy, that's payback for that wonderful golf double you gave me. Still my biggest win Smiley
PPS. Not much cycling till next year Sad Will have to find a new line of work.

Sigh, I should have known it was an omen being on your table on Stars and didnt back your tip FML top bombing sir

Ta very much. Bet you'll final table the Sunday Storm next week. Let's just say I know more about cycling than I know about poker ... and Justin Bieber Wink
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #56786 on: October 14, 2013, 06:12:16 PM »

And I had one very near miss for a 250/1 winner.

One year (about 1986 I would guess) Stockport had their ground closed for safety reasons and played their first 16 or so games away from home in Division 4 (I think).

They were nearer the bottom than the top, but had two wins and a draw in the 3 games prior to me placing the bet.

When they started playing their home games, they went on incredible tear, 8 wins or so in a row and moved to within 3 points of the lead and into about 7/4 to win it.

Unfortunately the run didn't last and they faded away in the last 10 games.

But what a sweat!

Michael Jonzon in a golf tourney is Spain in 2009 at 640 win only pre tourney on Betfair. He was in front after 3rd round and I was at Wembley to watch one of the NFL games, put a lay in at 1.6 and was checking on a mates mobile to see if the lay had been matched at one of the pre game parties. He held on by one and it cost me a few quid in celebratory pints that night.

John Bickerton at around 300 in a tourney in South Africa when good old Ernie Els took 8 (I think) on the last hole.

Ones that got away Carolina each way at 100/1 to win the Superbowl in pre season when it became apparent that Jake Delhomme was a decent QB. A Tom Brady drive late on and  a Vinatieri field goal pipped them in the big game.

The real sickener was the year that Thomas Bjorn blew the Open when Ben Curtis won, the same day Alex  Cejka lead or was tied for the lead in he US  event on the 72nd hole and drove into the water. I was on both of them each way at 100/1 and had an each way double too.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #56787 on: October 14, 2013, 06:22:54 PM »

And I had one very near miss for a 250/1 winner.

One year (about 1986 I would guess) Stockport had their ground closed for safety reasons and played their first 16 or so games away from home in Division 4 (I think).

They were nearer the bottom than the top, but had two wins and a draw in the 3 games prior to me placing the bet.

When they started playing their home games, they went on incredible tear, 8 wins or so in a row and moved to within 3 points of the lead and into about 7/4 to win it.

Unfortunately the run didn't last and they faded away in the last 10 games.

But what a sweat!

Michael Jonzon in a golf tourney is Spain in 2009 at 640 win only pre tourney on Betfair. He was in front after 3rd round and I was at Wembley to watch one of the NFL games, put a lay in at 1.6 and was checking on a mates mobile to see if the lay had been matched at one of the pre game parties. He held on by one and it cost me a few quid in celebratory pints that night.

John Bickerton at around 300 in a tourney in South Africa when good old Ernie Els took 8 (I think) on the last hole.

Ones that got away Carolina each way at 100/1 to win the Superbowl in pre season when it became apparent that Jake Delhomme was a decent QB. A Tom Brady drive late on and  a Vinatieri field goal pipped them in the big game.

The real sickener was the year that Thomas Bjorn blew the Open when Ben Curtis won, the same day Alex  Cejka lead or was tied for the lead in he US  event on the 72nd hole and drove into the water. I was on both of them each way at 100/1 and had an each way double too.

oooo this reminds of my Open near miss, backed Jodie Mudd at 500/1 (and a couple of others at similar prices) before the final round in 1991.

Weather forecast was fine for the morning but wind expected to blow hard on the afternoon. Mudd was 10 or so off the lead.

Jodie shot 63 and sure enough it blew up a gale in the early afternoon and they fell back to one stage he was one off the lead despite having finished 3 hours earlier.

Unfortunately the wind calmed down in the last 9 holes and he finished an agonising tied for 5th.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #56788 on: October 14, 2013, 06:38:59 PM »

Shaun Murphy at 150/1 when I was at uni. Did a BBC mock draw and seemed to have put him in the semis. Thought it was worth a pound, while I was in the bookies doing my Saturday football accumulator.

The near miss was a football accumulator the next year. Had 8 results right (including three draws) for £2 and was waiting for one team for iirc about £830. I'm in the law library at college, with my hand holding an earpiece in my ear carefully trying to hide the wire to my radio. Just Leicester to hold on...

"There's been a late penalty at Leicester!"

Don't you blooming dare...

"Yes and a terrible blunder in injury time means this is a chance for Leicester to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory..."

No, seriously, don't you motherflipping dare...

"It's in!!!"

I shortly left the library, following an exclamation I'm not hugely proud of.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56789 on: October 14, 2013, 06:48:55 PM »

Stood to win £16k on an accumulator and only had AZ Alkmaar to come in. They were 2-0 up after 70 minutes at home and I had to go out. Got absolutely steaming drunk, buying all my mates drinks, woke up the next morning, checked the scores and they had only gone and drawn. Worst still the equaliser came in the 96th minute from the oppositions goalie.

I've layed quite a few 1.01 shots and got late winners but not for tens of thousands unfortunately.

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
Pages: 1 ... 3782 3783 3784 3785 [3786] 3787 3788 3789 3790 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: