blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:59:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 4764 4765 4766 4767 [4768] 4769 4770 4771 4772 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13434775 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #71505 on: March 18, 2014, 12:45:05 PM »

Home for a free bet?

Derbyshire 7-1 to win County Championship Div Two (which starts in 19 days) Wlliam Hill

fourth favourites behind surrey, hants and essex. At least 4 of the 9 teams in this are genuine outsiders due to financial considerations, squad depth and strength. derbyshire have just produced their 8th profit in 9 years and have no such concerns

market skewed because surrey have big names, but actually they are rebuilding with youngsters and can be opposed at the price

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/county-championship-div-2/county-championship-division-2/winner

Derbyshire just got relegated last season, actually a very creditable performance, have one of the best domestic batsmen in madsen, an overseas in chanderpaul who churns out runs and a lot of young talent (particularly spinners, which is unusual for them)

Most importantly of all they play at Derby (yes, they do) which produces result wickets.....and this is vital with 24 points for winning a game with max bonus points compared to a maxmium of 11 for the draw

you need to win games, and surrey play at the oval, which is not prepared to produce result wickets. hampshire at the ageas also, only result wickets in the second half of the season when they dry out to take spin

secondary bet £15 e/w derbyshire william hill 7-1 1/5 top 3. I have them in my top three every day of the week at this stage

--

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/county-championship-div-1/county-championship-division-1/winner

cc1 is genuinely tough, i could make a case for six of the teams in a really tight heat, and i won't be recommending a bet this season. hopefully gherkin has some ideas.   

I like it, they played well last year in D1 and should comfortably finish in the top 5.  Gloucester at 12/1 and Glamorgan at 16/1 imply they have some sort of realistic chance, which they don't.  The only thing I'd say for anyone else looking to follow is that the price might drift slightly.  The 7/2 on Surrey won't last (it will be 3/1 before the season starts) which may push out a couple of other teams prices. 

I'll have a look at D1 in a couple of weeks when they put some more markets up.  Warwickshire were 13/2 not so long ago, you can barely get 5/1 now - definitely missed an opportunity there.

On a side note, has anyone seen England's bowling in the warm up game against WI?  So clueless!!  There are some interesting warm up games tomorrow but I can't see anything from a betting point of view

Apart from the fact he doesn't bowl much and he isn't there, we can still blame Pieterson, right?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #71506 on: March 18, 2014, 12:45:51 PM »

Bookies aren't allowed to take bets on deaths, people find it distasteful.

It used to be that it would effectively be a life insurance contract and that is only allowed with an insurable interest.  
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71507 on: March 18, 2014, 12:50:06 PM »

It used to be that it would effectively be a life insurance contract and that is only allowed with an insurable interest.  

It interests me just how likely i am to live to 60/65/70 etc.   I wouldn't have a clue how to price it up.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #71508 on: March 18, 2014, 12:58:49 PM »

It interests me just how likely i am to live to 60/65/70 etc.   I wouldn't have a clue how to price it up.

Am guessing that you have over 90% chance of getting to 65.  Depends on your health, habits, underlying illnesses, where you live etc.  If you lived in Central Glasgow, are a lot of deep fried Mars Bars or had heart problems it could be way lower. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71509 on: March 18, 2014, 01:07:18 PM »

Am guessing that you have over 90% chance of getting to 65.  Depends on your health, habits, underlying illnesses, where you live etc.  If you lived in Central Glasgow, are a lot of deep fried Mars Bars or had heart problems it could be way lower. 

Celitc Vin odds on then to go before 60 then if Glasgow and deep fried mars bars are the measuring sticks!!!!!  Shouldn't joke about death but vin would take it in the spirit it was meant because he loves DF mars bars!
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #71510 on: March 18, 2014, 01:13:37 PM »

You really don't want to know - I did an OU probability course years ago and ended up severely out of my depth with stuff like this
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #71511 on: March 18, 2014, 01:20:07 PM »

its that time again

Luckily this is with Ladbrokes, so we can't do any damage.

£50 take out with a 'virgin' account.  1% account you will be able to win 50p.  Might need Mrs Bandit and the cake shop to help us out.

Let me know what you want Tikay  and I'll see what I can do this afternoon.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71512 on: March 18, 2014, 01:23:35 PM »

its that time again

£50 take out with a 'virgin' account.  1% account you will be able to win 50p.  Might need Mrs Bandit and the cake shop to help us out.

Thanks Lisa.

I can't decide, so it has to be "Tough Decisions" please, up to £25.

Can't lose.

PS - You have a PM.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71513 on: March 18, 2014, 01:26:51 PM »

Celitc Vin odds on then to go before 60 then if Glasgow and deep fried mars bars are the measuring sticks!!!!!  Shouldn't joke about death but vin would take it in the spirit it was meant because he loves DF mars bars!

If you can get 4/11 or better on me going before 60, we could make a killing Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #71514 on: March 18, 2014, 01:34:55 PM »

its that time again

Thanks Lisa.

I can't decide, so it has to be "Tough Decisions" please, up to £25.

Can't lose.

PS - You have a PM.

Thank you. I have replied.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71515 on: March 18, 2014, 02:20:26 PM »

Please add Krishmar Santokie £10 e/w 100-1 Betfred to the T20 World Cup bets

if you can't get 100-1, no bother

WI 3rd spinner, opens the bowling with Badree. Just breaking through, batsman don't know how to play him

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71516 on: March 18, 2014, 02:35:27 PM »

WI 3rd spinner, opens the bowling with Badree. Just breaking through, batsman don't know how to play him

We were Restricted to £4 EW, but that's not so bad when the price is 100/1.

3/18/2014 14:06:57 PM  307/
333  W:4.00 S:4.00  Single  Twenty20 World Cup 2014/Top Tournament Wicket Taker  Santokie, Krishmar   100/1  Open  O  £8.00  £0.00 

BET PLACED

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Snowball

View Profile
« Reply #71517 on: March 18, 2014, 02:36:59 PM »

I was just going to look at him for WI top Bowler before you posted, he's not a spinner tho???
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #71518 on: March 18, 2014, 02:43:36 PM »

Budget Bingo Buzzwords

Tough Decisions

£25 @ 6/4

ON
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71519 on: March 18, 2014, 02:48:16 PM »

I was just going to look at him for WI top Bowler before you posted, he's not a spinner tho???

slow bowler. hardly medium pace. bopara-like

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 4764 4765 4766 4767 [4768] 4769 4770 4771 4772 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: