blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:50:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 4767 4768 4769 4770 [4771] 4772 4773 4774 4775 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13439462 times)
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #71550 on: March 19, 2014, 02:10:33 AM »

Think Fred's on OKC at 7/1 or 13/2 already Mark, not that I'd oppose pressing....their drift makes no sense, they've been a little indifferent of late but so has everyone else, looks pretty wide open, even my pre-season bets on Brooklyn and Houston are looking a bit lively now, think Brooklyn have the best record of any team in 2014

How's our boy doing, Jeff?

I couldn't find any odds anywhere, and haven't seen any really recent articles.

I did see that the team are getting mullered every game, but I guess that works in our favour with him still putting up so many points.

would be pretty surprising if he didn't win ROY from here imo.

I seem to have a knack like yourself for getting 1.0x shots busted up  Cheesy
I'd be amazed if MC Dub doesn't get it, the whole point of the bet was his team are terrible so he'll play as much as he wants, can't see anyone getting close to him, he's been putting up big numbers of late still too, having looked a little tired midseason
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #71551 on: March 19, 2014, 03:36:21 AM »

Interesting price on m'boro at home to QPR at weekend

QPR in middle of an injury crisis & now a player less after dunne's sending off tonight. As soon as we scored tonight only one team in it

M'boro 6/4, worth a note

Very big game in my house this one but 6/4 seems about right.  Would definitely be interested in overs though.  Boro had ridic amount of 0-0s since karanka has taken over but signs of some goalscoring now whilst Morrison seems to be finally plugging the Austen gap for QPR and that is a big defensive injury....

I know it's a big price, but not sure it's enough.
Boro have conceded 1 in 8 at home, and Rangers have scored in 2 of their last 8 away games.
Unless something changes there, you're asking a lot of a Boro attack that has scored 8 goals in 13 league games this year.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #71552 on: March 19, 2014, 07:37:59 AM »

Twitter looks worth a bet at 16/1 to me as well

nice spot
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #71553 on: March 19, 2014, 08:16:08 AM »

I'm not so sure about the Twitter angle. Would he normally mention companies by name that are not goverment owned? Surely this would be some kind of free advertising for a company. Much more likely to say "Social Network".
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71554 on: March 19, 2014, 08:21:59 AM »

I'm not so sure about the Twitter angle. Would he normally mention companies by name that are not goverment owned? Surely this would be some kind of free advertising for a company. Much more likely to say "Social Network".

There seems much concensus on the "Twitter" bet, & I'll likely take an interest shortly & get on for £25 or so unless feedback in the next hour tells me otherwise.

My initial reaction was the same as you, however. It'd be bang out of order if, within a Budget Speech, a specific Trade-Name was given mention by the Chancellor. Almost like "product-placement" in TV Shows, although of course Politicians would be above such stuff.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:26:09 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #71555 on: March 19, 2014, 08:23:58 AM »

8/1 now Tikay to save a few minutes
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71556 on: March 19, 2014, 08:24:06 AM »

Masters Golf.

It is increasingly rumoured that Tiger Woods will miss The Masters due to injury.

http://www.tigerwoods.com/news/2014/03/18/69554590/tiger-to-miss-arnold-palmer-invitational-due-to-back-spasms/

Does this open up any exploitable angles for us?

http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/the-masters/winner

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71557 on: March 19, 2014, 08:25:41 AM »

8/1 now Tikay to save a few minutes

Pfft!

Presumably, if it were a bet @ 16/1, it is not necessarily so @ 8/1.

I need further feedback now. And those who lumped on @ 16/1 deffo have value, so well done them. Lucky Bastards.  

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71558 on: March 19, 2014, 08:27:39 AM »

The FA confirmed yesterday that Vincent Kompany will only miss ONE game due to suspension, not three.

So he misses the Fulham game, but is available for the top of the table clash with Man United.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71559 on: March 19, 2014, 08:29:22 AM »

HOW MUCH?

Andre Villas-Boas takes managerial control of Zenit St Petersburg tomorrow, on a 2 year contract, on a salary of £7 million per year.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #71560 on: March 19, 2014, 09:02:53 AM »

Have been mulling over the 'Budget to say anytime' http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/budget/to-say-at-anytime market already spoken of itt.

Desperate to find some value I am sorely tempted by 'twitter' at 16/1.

George Osbourne has had a twitter account for a year now, but from what I can see he's (or whoever writes it for him) been using it a great deal more to spam his policies/announcements as of late.

https://twitter.com/George_Osborne

I know last year it wasn't mentioned, but there's no reason imo he won't try and be 'trendy' by mentioning it in some context.

Also believe that now they've used it for a year, perhaps they are more aware of it's growing importance upon society-especially amongst the young.

Far from an expert on these things but 16/1 just seemed larger than i'd expect-didn't expect doubles figures.

Have chucked the max allowed (£20) on it.

Just wondered what peeps thought?

Think it's a long shot (but 16-1 reflects that I guess).  Don't think he'll risk it because Labour will just jeer him to the rafters if he tries to be trendy like that.

I actually don't like "tough choices" at the price to be honest.  I think this budget will have an optimistic spin and the focus will be on expanding the tax band where people pay no tax.   I don't think there are any draconian spending cuts coming out (?) which is the context where he would most likely use it.  Just feel like the Tories are getting little credit for the recovering economy at the moment, so Osbourne won't want to put a dampener on the vibe further.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #71561 on: March 19, 2014, 09:08:07 AM »

Don't understand the Villas Boas phenomenen.

Had a good season at Porto and won the Uefa Cup.  Then made a mess of Chelsea.  Made a mess of Spurs (more debatable).  But still seems to be hot property. 

Strange to me.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #71562 on: March 19, 2014, 09:22:31 AM »

India playing England today in the early afternoon.

I know it's a randomising format.  I know it's a friendly. 

However, England have been so indescribably bad when I have watched their T20 efforts.  It's not the players abilities, it's more that they just don't seem to understand how to pace a T20 innings.  And their bowling looked terrible against West Indies.

India, undoubted class acts and in conditions to suit. 

8/15 feels like a fair price in a 2 horse race.

Thoughts?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71563 on: March 19, 2014, 09:32:53 AM »

Daily Report

Loss on Month £682.75

Outstanding Bets £3655.68

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdFk3UmlTSXMzTjRBTVNfOWRndVFsZHc&usp=drive_web&pli=1#gid=22

A loss of £30 yesterday at the conclusion of the Tirrenico Adriatico Cycling

In the final time trial

"Sir Bradley Wiggins finished third on the race-ending time-trial at Tirreno-Adriatico as Alberto Contador completed overall victory.

Wiggins produced the best performance of his season so far by navigating a flat 9.1km course in San Benedetto del Tronto on Italy’s east coast in a time of 10min 24sec.

It was 11 seconds slower than stage-winner Adriano Malori’s blistering mark of 10min 13sec and five seconds behind runner-up Fabian Cancellara, but he took the scalp of three-time world time-trial champion Tony Martin, who could only finish fourth.

Contador was 29th fastest on the final stage but nevertheless sealed a 2min 5sec overall triumph and his first win in a stage race since the 2012 Vuelta a Espana.

Bradley Wiggins finished third on stage seven's time trial

Nairo Quintana produced an outstanding time trial to cling on to second in the general classification, even beating Contador by three seconds on the day."

and Daniel Mreno finished 8th overall.

Two good runs for our money

Elsewhere QPR lost at Sheff Wed, a result which means that 14 points for Leicester secures them promotion, and six wins out of 11 the title. That assumes one of QPR and Derby get maximum points from their last 10 games, so in practice its less than 14 points. At which time we can book our 4/1 bet as a winner, which we will need looking at some of the other football ante-post bets!

England lost heavily to the West Indies in the T20 World Cup Warm Up yesterday with wickets for Santokie and Badreee opening the bowling and Simmons hitting 15 not out off 7 balls. We have a live bet in Simmons, assuming better teams than England dismiss Chris Gayle rather quicker

The tournament itself starts on Friday with the fantastic India v Pakistan clash

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #71564 on: March 19, 2014, 09:35:14 AM »

Don't understand the Villas Boas phenomenen.

Had a good season at Porto and won the Uefa Cup.  Then made a mess of Chelsea.  Made a mess of Spurs (more debatable).  But still seems to be hot property. 

Strange to me.

Not every manager is built for the premier league. It's a different beast to pretty much every other around and plenty of people do well elsewhere and struggle - seemingly for no reason - in the premiership.

If you don't think managers do any good after leaving spurs, don't forget how well Arry has done at QPR.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 4767 4768 4769 4770 [4771] 4772 4773 4774 4775 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: