blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:18:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272624 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 1278 1279 1280 1281 [1282] 1283 1284 1285 1286 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13446763 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19215 on: October 31, 2012, 10:54:02 AM »

all manner of reasons, from the player himself wanting to go, to the clubs finances (£5m loss in the last reported accounts, albeit well placed on FPP http://mikejmccarthy.wordpress.com/2012/10/19/nine-championship-clubs-could-fail-first-financial-fair-play-test/)

Seen it so many times at medium sized clubs, including my own.."he's not going" etc etc and he goes.

Nature of Premiership finances relative to the rest.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19216 on: October 31, 2012, 10:56:17 AM »

Anyway, good player, good team

but all I am saying is I understnad why they are 8-1

If the stars align right, its the wrong price

but the significant risk is they won't

My eyes are open wide
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #19217 on: October 31, 2012, 11:00:42 AM »

I just don't see Zaha going myself. Too long a contract, and if he carries on at the same rate we get promotion and his value rises considerably in the prem. If he stays and we don't get promoted he still has 4 years left on the contract and would have improved as a player maybe warranting £20m

What did you think of him on Saturday Tightend, does he live up o the hype I have been giving him?

He's a very good player

His value to the team is his threat means teams have to defend deeper than they would otherwise do

His loss would transform the teams prospects, negatively because of how teams can then stifle the remaining players

Palace are not waiting for £20m, contract or not ,Ant!

Funny you should say that, as I am not that far off.

In a twitter conversation to James Corden our Chairman reacted angrily that the former suggested Zaha would go for less than £10 million. Steve Parish offered him a bet on it. In that case, £15m is where I am thinking they are looking at.

These chairmen we have really are in it for the premiership and I wouldn't be surprised if anything lower than £15m was rejected. Why sell someone who is your ticket to the premiership?

that is all well and good until the time the player himself wants to leave which if he is a 15 million player will happen sooner rather than later

Fair enough if the club is under so much financial duress that the offer has to be accepted but I would like to add and this would be taken very seriously by Zaha, the previous person to leave too early from Palace failed miserably. He has been reminded about this over and over i bet, and would be happy to continue learning his trade here getting better and better.

He knows by staying he improves his rep even more when he is in the best spot ever to continue adding to it. On squad roatation for a bigger club he could become disillusioned and never get to the same standard again.

I think Zaha is grounded on that front and that is why he signed for 5 YEARS!! I think any player signing for that long has an idea to play up until year 2/3 of it. Of course, he could get his head turned and that will be that. But just from the general feel i have been getting around the club and from watching him play i don't think he is going anywhere yet.

I am not saying it definitely won't happen, I just see Zaha going for promotion here, he is absolutely loving it at palace, he is treated like a legend here. That high won't be replaced elsewhere to the same extent.  

If he stays until the summer and we don't go up, I am with you guys on him going, I just think you are predicting one transfer window too early.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #19218 on: October 31, 2012, 11:01:52 AM »

Anyway, good player, good team

but all I am saying is I understnad why they are 8-1

If the stars align right, its the wrong price

but the significant risk is they won't

Yeh that's cool and it is a fair standpoint. Just that is Zaha stays past January it is a terrible price and even before then if we continue our run until then we won't be 8/1 and I see no reason why we won't.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #19219 on: October 31, 2012, 11:07:58 AM »

What has happened to Connor Wickham?  Does he ever play at Sunderland?  If not why do they not loan him out?
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #19220 on: October 31, 2012, 11:15:04 AM »

I reckon 8/1 is about right for us to get promoted. I go to most games and while I agree that going forward we look incredible at the moment our defence is hardly 'rock solid'
A lot depends on who the next manager is. If it is Robinson or Appleton then they have proved nothing and it is hard to see the run continuing. However if someone like holloway gets the job then I will be more hopeful.

If we are there or thereabouts in January which seems fairly certain now then Zaha will not be leaving. I have a source st the club who tells me that if an offer comes in that the club can't refuse (£15m +) then they will insist on him being loaned back for the rest of the season.

At the moment we are playing well and getting the luck that has deserted us for a long time. However there are still 33 games to go and so much can happen in that time.

I had my usual blind faith bet on us to get promoted at the start of the season, 26/1 lol.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #19221 on: October 31, 2012, 11:18:58 AM »

I reckon 8/1 is about right for us to get promoted. I go to most games and while I agree that going forward we look incredible at the moment our defence is hardly 'rock solid'
A lot depends on who the next manager is. If it is Robinson or Appleton then they have proved nothing and it is hard to see the run continuing. However if someone like holloway gets the job then I will be more hopeful.

If we are there or thereabouts in January which seems fairly certain now then Zaha will not be leaving. I have a source st the club who tells me that if an offer comes in that the club can't refuse (£15m +) then they will insist on him being loaned back for the rest of the season.

At the moment we are playing well and getting the luck that has deserted us for a long time. However there are still 33 games to go and so much can happen in that time.

I had my usual blind faith bet on us to get promoted at the start of the season, 26/1 lol.

Wow nice bet.

On the defence front i think we are rock solid. Ward, Delaney, Blake, Parr combo only concedes a goal a game. Ramage and Moxey add the shakiness.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #19222 on: October 31, 2012, 11:20:30 AM »

Enjoying the Crystal Palace thread.

I think Appleton would be a great appointment for you.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19223 on: October 31, 2012, 11:23:58 AM »

England close on 286-4 at the Brabourne: Cook 112, Patel 82. Excellent recovery from 133-4

Patel is on the way to securing a test spot

Cook
Compton/Root
Trott
KP
Bell
Patel
Prior
Bresnan
Broad
Swann
Anderson

is loomking the most likely team with Finn injured

My eyes are open wide
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #19224 on: October 31, 2012, 11:27:05 AM »

England close on 286-4 at the Brabourne: Cook 112, Patel 82. Excellent recovery from 133-4

Patel is on the way to securing a test spot

Cook
Compton/Root
Trott
KP
Bell
Patel
Prior
Bresnan
Broad
Swann
Anderson

is loomking the most likely team with Finn injured

patel is a must for me can actually play spin fairly well

has been the fall guy to often this last year for me
Snowball

View Profile
« Reply #19225 on: October 31, 2012, 11:57:19 AM »

Have England faced any spin yet?
Cab see Indias price drifting a little before the 1st Test.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19226 on: October 31, 2012, 11:59:36 AM »

Have England faced any spin yet?
Cab see Indias price drifting a little before the 1st Test.

No Indian Spinners picked for this game

Part time leftie twirler Yuvraj took two wickets earlier

The Indian tactic is interesting. Obviously it denies the English batsman a chance to see top class spin, but they can get into form against others..as Cok and Patel have done

My eyes are open wide
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #19227 on: October 31, 2012, 02:21:10 PM »

Didn't I read that Zaha is being persued by Ivory Coast (country of birth) to play for them, not England, and could therefore miss 4-6 weeks of African Cup of Nations later this season? He's looked the best player in the division from what I've seen but 8/1 sounds fair given the current situation, no beter
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19228 on: October 31, 2012, 02:32:33 PM »

Might be a good time to pound every team thats playing vs the lakers until they can show they can play as a unit. (0-9 inc preseason, 8 at home)

They travel to Portland tonight who they have already lost to in preseason in LA (75-93)

Last season Lakers were bad on the road only boasting a 15-18 record whereas the Trail Blazers boasted a 20-13 home record (a decent portion of this without LaMarcus Aldridge)

Portland didn't play last night and this is Lakers second game in two days, first game infront of the homefans for the blazers and I expect it will only help their cause.

Early book is 17/10 ML with Bwin and the handicap hasn't been released yet.

I'm gona wait a while and see what the other books offer/look at the spread but I think this might be one to keep an eye on.

Thanks Tom, (& Jeff), can you keep us updated on this please.

Missing the wedding & going to the funeral springs to mind, but if it's value, we are hungry.

PS - what you doing up at this hour? Thought you were a poker player? Wink

I noticed an article in the Telegraph, a Brit is expected to to make his debut in the NBA.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/basketball/9644367/British-basketball-star-Joel-Freeland-to-make-his-NBA-debut-for-Portland-Trailblazers-against-Los-Angeles-Lakers.html

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #19229 on: October 31, 2012, 02:39:19 PM »

Might be a good time to pound every team thats playing vs the lakers until they can show they can play as a unit. (0-9 inc preseason, 8 at home)

They travel to Portland tonight who they have already lost to in preseason in LA (75-93)

Last season Lakers were bad on the road only boasting a 15-18 record whereas the Trail Blazers boasted a 20-13 home record (a decent portion of this without LaMarcus Aldridge)

Portland didn't play last night and this is Lakers second game in two days, first game infront of the homefans for the blazers and I expect it will only help their cause.

Early book is 17/10 ML with Bwin and the handicap hasn't been released yet.

I'm gona wait a while and see what the other books offer/look at the spread but I think this might be one to keep an eye on.

Thanks Tom, (& Jeff), can you keep us updated on this please.

Missing the wedding & going to the funeral springs to mind, but if it's value, we are hungry.

PS - what you doing up at this hour? Thought you were a poker player? Wink
Never heard that wedding and funeral analogy but works here for me. I just couldn't believe Dallas were 4/1 last night, I still thought they'd probs lose tho. 6/4 Portland doesn't look nearly as attractive, not a bet for me but gl if u take it, the Lakers are defo in transition.

Can't have it both ways tho, it'll defo take a while for the new guys to get into the system, learn offensive and defensive sets etc etc, but makes comparing their record last year futile as this is a completely different team. Blazers are a decent home team but they tailed off last year, sacked their coach, have moved out a lot of players (tho new point guard Lillard sounds exciting). LaMarcus was the main stay of my fantasy team last year, just doubled checked, he played 55 of 66 games, not too shabby.

I don't blame u for taking a watching brief for a while on NBA bets teeks, happy to pass u info tho. Had two bets yesterday, a 4/1 single and 10/1 three timer. Lovin the game
Pages: 1 ... 1278 1279 1280 1281 [1282] 1283 1284 1285 1286 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: