blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:25:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 1457 1458 1459 1460 [1461] 1462 1463 1464 1465 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13443217 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #21900 on: November 29, 2012, 11:50:28 AM »

Got opinions back on the Palace win and Millwall draw for Saturday and ty for them, but I was wondering what Fred thought about Bristol City at home to Wolverhampton at 2.67?
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21901 on: November 29, 2012, 11:53:27 AM »

Got opinions back on the Palace win and Millwall draw for Saturday and ty for them, but I was wondering what Fred thought about Bristol City at home to Wolverhampton at 2.67?

Backing a draw is nuts.

Backing anything is Bristol City/Wolves game is also nuts, probably would go for goals.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #21902 on: November 29, 2012, 11:55:19 AM »

Backing a draw is nuts.

Backing anything is Bristol City/Wolves game is also nuts, probably would go for goals.

This will be the first time I have ever backed the draw, only a small bet, truly one I can't explain. Need to expand my horizons away from thew in loss draw market I think.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21903 on: November 29, 2012, 12:04:08 PM »

Only 2 games in the NBA tonight but I like sides on both the totals.

Spurs @ Heat
http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/san-antonio-spurs-at-miami-heat/total-points

Two of the best teams in the NBA going at it tonight, but I think the game will be the opposite of 'going at it' The Spurs are one the cleverest teams in the NBA with a great coach who plays great tactics and adapts his team/line up to adjust to his opponents. Tonight will be no different, Spurs know they can't compete with Miami in a pure shootout and they are experienced enough to know that isn't how you beat them. I expect them to clamp down on D and take their time every possession to wait for good looks against a good Heat defence.

Im in for 2units on this game @ U205.5 with william hill.

The other game tonight is Nuggets @ Warriors
http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/denver-nuggets-at-golden-state-warriors/total-points

Im not too ecstatic about this line but before I opened up to look at the line i did expect it to be >200, so I have had a little tickle on O198.5, both teams play good offence, and when the nuggets are in a game every game is a 'shootout' They don't play much defence at all and play at a very fast pace. For the Warriors their best defender (Andrew Bogut) is injured so this can only help the over for us.

Im in for 1unit on this game @ O198.5

Cliffs:

Suggest U205.5 Spurs @ Heat, if anyone is really enthusiastic about O198.5 in Nuggets game then go for that too, otherwise probably just leave it/have a small little tickle

Thanks Tom.

You know what will happen if we back these, don't you?........!

We are on both, thank you, so a brekkie squeeze awaits tomorrow.

Wm Hill have moved the line on SA Spurs- Miami Heat to 203.5, but we got on @ U205.5 with Corals.

£50 @ 10/11, Corals, UNDER 205.5, San Antonio Spurs v Miami Heat.

£33 @ 10/11, Blue Square, OVER 198.5, Denver Nuggets @ Golden State Warriors.

ON

29/11/2012 11:49AM  Single
To Win £ 55.00 Under 205.5 - San Antonio Spurs @ Miami Heat - Total Points @ 10/11 1.91

Selection Over 198.5 @ 10/11 
Market
 Total Points

Event
 NBA
Denver Nuggets at Golden State Warriors
2012-11-30 03:30:00

Bet Type

Bet Type
 Win Single

Unit Stake
 £33.00

Number of Units
 x1

Total Stake
 £33.00

Time and Date Placed
 2012-11-29 11:54:07

Receipt Number
 O/0891659/0000153

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #21904 on: November 29, 2012, 12:06:33 PM »

Backing a draw is nuts.

This will be the first time I have ever backed the draw, only a small bet, truly one I can't explain. Need to expand my horizons away from thew in loss draw market I think.

You´ll never find a profitable bettor betting the draw, the possible exception is where the result is clearly beneficial to one or both teams, even then you´ll struggle to get value as it´s known information. Good gambling is much more about identifying a niche where you have an edge than expanding horizons. This is even true of people with encycloaedic knowledge across a range of sports, their edge is almost always greater in some sports/markets than others.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #21905 on: November 29, 2012, 12:18:21 PM »

"We couldn't have played any better tonight...We would have been disappointed to have drawn the game" - the words of...Brendan Rodgers

He's worse than Muhammed Saeed al-Sahhaf

lol, probably my favorite quote of all time

" my feeling, as usual, we will slaughter them all"

sola virtus nobilitat
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #21906 on: November 29, 2012, 12:18:38 PM »

Will the long putters be abandoned now?  I can't see how they can be used without anchoring them.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #21907 on: November 29, 2012, 12:24:17 PM »

Backing a draw is nuts.

You´ll never find a profitable bettor betting the draw, the possible exception is where the result is clearly beneficial to one or both teams, even then you´ll struggle to get value as it´s known information. Good gambling is much more about identifying a niche where you have an edge than expanding horizons. This is even true of people with encycloaedic knowledge across a range of sports, their edge is almost always greater in some sports/markets than others.

I always thought this too and generally the maths work I have done on football supports it as the goal expectancy for a draw to be a profitable bet has to be unrealistically low but this week in the Racing and Football Outlook Kevin Pullein presents a fairly compelling case that Premiership bottom five teams playing at home against other mediocre teams ie. not the best in division draw more than their fair proportion of games.  Logically that makes a bit of sense to me although the sample sizes leave a bit to be desired.

claypole

View Profile
« Reply #21908 on: November 29, 2012, 12:34:18 PM »

Love this thread - just caught up and some brilliant posts last two days; I think Neil's last post sort of sums it up - it's a great coming together of some fantastic, experienced pro based input (Red - get your diary going again I love reading your musings as stories - please) and as has been pointed out people with less punting knowledge however some really good insights into other sports. It's just a mine of brilliant information and knowledge and I hope it continues exactly the way it is and appreciate everyone's contributions
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #21909 on: November 29, 2012, 12:46:10 PM »

Heffron v Vassell over 7.5 rounds at 11/10 with Sportingbet is simply wrong. On phone at the minute so can't explain fully but price won't last.

Meh already 5/6. Still a bet. Should be 1/2
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:00:25 PM by Bazzaboy » Logged
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #21910 on: November 29, 2012, 01:16:10 PM »

Backing a draw is nuts.

This.

If you are thinking about having a £50 bet on a draw, it is very likely you are giving up about 2% of your money in expected value.

Save time and just drop a pound in a charity box.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #21911 on: November 29, 2012, 01:28:42 PM »

Backing a draw is nuts.

This.

If you are thinking about having a £50 bet on a draw, it is very likely you are giving up about 2% of your money in expected value.

Save time and just drop a pound in a charity box.

#learning. TyTy peeps.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #21912 on: November 29, 2012, 01:30:57 PM »

Heffron v Vassell over 7.5 rounds at 11/10 with Sportingbet is simply wrong. On phone at the minute so can't explain fully but price won't last.

Meh already 5/6. Still a bet. Should be 1/2

Now 3/5
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21913 on: November 29, 2012, 01:33:28 PM »

http://www.insidethegames.biz/sports/summer/cycling/1011875-liverpool-hire-sports-psychiatrist-who-inspired-cycling-greats-hoy-pendleton-and-wiggins

His work with the cyclists was crucial to success. Not sure it transfers into football, however info for the layers!

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #21914 on: November 29, 2012, 01:34:56 PM »

Tycoon's Reflection in this next race at Newbury looks v interesting to me.

Not a Fred bet, but worth a shilling or two at 16/1.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 1457 1458 1459 1460 [1461] 1462 1463 1464 1465 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: