blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:51:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5498 5499 5500 5501 [5502] 5503 5504 5505 5506 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13410677 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82515 on: July 11, 2014, 09:33:12 PM »

I may have misspoken..

100/1 off 10.1

ffs was looking for 100/1 about Starboard
snap

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #82516 on: July 11, 2014, 09:34:55 PM »

Lol

Sorry!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #82517 on: July 11, 2014, 11:11:28 PM »

Ok, as promised the other day, I've done a little bit of homework regarding the Fishomania final tomorrow (live on sky from Noon).

Let's get one thing clear here, all of the 16 finalists can fish bloody well, but as it is with the sport I love, the draw and the weather can make a lot of difference.

Odds are here.

http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/fishomania/winner

The draw has been made and there are a couple of excellent anglers in the areas where I think a few fish will be caught.  Last years winning peg was peg 7, and I expect this area to fish well.

Pemb Wrighting is on this peg and I actually fancied him to fish well before the draw so at 14/1 with Corals and Fred it's a good price especially for 3 places 1/4 odds.

Andy Power is also in a good area and can be had at 11/1.......paddy's have him at 13/2!....again go E/W 1/4 odds.

Hot favourite, and last years winner Jamie Hughes is on an end peg, which is always something that you want in match fishing, but at 15/8, no way.  You can get 9/2 but that is still too short where the difference between anglers ability is small here.

The wind always seems to push into pegs 5 - 8 and this is the area I like.

Recommend

£5 E/W Pemb Wrighting @ 14/1 (Peg 7)
£5 E/W Andy Power @ 11/1 (Peg 5)

I look forward to this event every year, most will be bored to tears, but there's not many sports where average Joe can turn up and compete against the best in the country to try and reach the final.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #82518 on: July 11, 2014, 11:24:32 PM »

I was given four names for this, Mr Matt, by a group of friends who fish to a reasonable level. They say it's all on the draw, though, of course, especially on that pool. They also said the temperature is important, as you want to be at the other side of the wind when it's hot to when it's cold.

Andy Power is the only one on the list in the part of the draw they mentioned to me I should be looking for.

They mentioned Jamie Hughes had a great run of fish last year, where a shoal of fish just happened to congregate near his peg and he is a good enough angler to capitalise. Would definitely be opposing at that price, if I am remembering their opinions correctly?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #82519 on: July 11, 2014, 11:35:56 PM »

I was given four names for this, Mr Matt, by a group of friends who fish to a reasonable level. They say it's all on the draw, though, of course, especially on that pool. They also said the temperature is important, as you want to be at the other side of the wind when it's hot to when it's cold.

Andy Power is the only one on the list in the part of the draw they mentioned to me I should be looking for.

They mentioned Jamie Hughes had a great run of fish last year, where a shoal of fish just happened to congregate near his peg and he is a good enough angler to capitalise. Would definitely be opposing at that price, if I am remembering their opinions correctly?

Wind in your face when it's warm, and on your back when it's cold.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #82520 on: July 12, 2014, 12:04:11 AM »

Ok, as promised the other day, I've done a little bit of homework regarding the Fishomania final tomorrow (live on sky from Noon).

Let's get one thing clear here, all of the 16 finalists can fish bloody well, but as it is with the sport I love, the draw and the weather can make a lot of difference.

Odds are here.

The draw has been made and there are a couple of excellent anglers in the areas where I think a few fish will be caught.  Last years winning peg was peg 7, and I expect this area to fish well.

Pemb Wrighting is on this peg and I actually fancied him to fish well before the draw so at 14/1 with Corals and Fred it's a good price especially for 3 places 1/4 odds.

Andy Power is also in a good area and can be had at 11/1.......paddy's have him at 13/2!....again go E/W 1/4 odds.

Hot favourite, and last years winner Jamie Hughes is on an end peg, which is always something that you want in match fishing, but at 15/8, no way.  You can get 9/2 but that is still too short where the difference between anglers ability is small here.

Recommend

I look forward to this event every year, most will be bored to tears, but there's not many sports where average Joe can turn up and compete against the best in the country to try and reach the final.

Ahh just like poker!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82521 on: July 12, 2014, 12:38:42 AM »

Odds are here.

Recommend

Superb work Matt, thank you.

Both bets placed with Betfred, but we only got 9/1 for Andy Power. Got the 14/1 Pemb, though.

That's Saturday afternoon TV sorted.

2 BETS PLACED

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #82522 on: July 12, 2014, 01:36:01 AM »

Odds are here.

Recommend

Superb work Matt, thank you.

Both bets placed with Betfred, but we only got 9/1 for Andy Power. Got the 14/1 Pemb, though.

That's Saturday afternoon TV sorted.

2 BETS PLACED

Great work Matt I know literally nothing about fishing but have backed both for an interest! Great write up and GL us!
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #82523 on: July 12, 2014, 01:38:50 AM »

Bosh is staying with the Heat, so I think that cancels argueboy's reason to back them (I've backed them at 20s earlier and they may still land Melo or someone good but can't see it, I have quite a bit on Cleveland at 60s, 50s n 40s tho, hoping that works out well).

In light on not getting Fred on Cleveland (tho I did post here I was busy betting on next season's NBA, noone asked what on!) I've been looking at the Rookie of the Year market. I'll post proper reasons when I have time, but Nerlens Noel's price looks like it's tumbling, was 10/1 across the board, now only at Billy Hills I think. For clarity I've backed him at 14s and topped up a bit at 10s. Reasons to come but for now...

Rec £40 on Nerlens Noel Rookie of the Year 10-1
http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/nba-championship/rookie-of-the-year
cheapwetsuit

View Profile
« Reply #82524 on: July 12, 2014, 04:42:25 AM »

Today's finish of Stage 8 of the TdF looks a lot like the last climb of La Fleche Wallonne (LFW) ... which would explain the bookies' odds. If like me, you want to bet against Valverde (or a breakaway) winning today, then the following LFW hierarchy might interest you:
Valverde (1), Kwiatkowski (3), Mollema (4), Slagter (5), Albasini (7), Nibali (14), Frank (15), Fuglsang (19), Van Den Broeck (20), Dumoulin (21). Personally, I think Slagter @ 28/1 e/w and Dumoulin @ 100/1 e/w (given his formidable current form) are both attractive prices. I am pretty miffed that I missed yesterday's winner Matteo Trentin at odds of 200/1, but it gives me hope that there is still an edge to be had.

While on the topic of the TdF, I think Fuglsang @ 50/1 e/w (outright GC) and Trofimov @ 125/1 (Top 3) is also worth discussing.

PS. I quite like the Dumoulin and Trofimov bets ... sucker for big odds. Minimum stakes, of course.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82525 on: July 12, 2014, 07:43:27 AM »

BET SUGGESTION STARBOARD £10 EACH WAY 50/1 KORALS (5 PLACES) (sjames are 66 4 places for those who can/want to)

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/2014-07-12-york/14:55/winner

Speculative one this but at the prices worth a small bet.

Was with Gosden before two years ago before going to France and doing little. Simcock bought it for 70k just over a year ago, Has had four runs for him two respectable efforts in Dubai outclassed in a listed race and then a fair run in the Hunt Cup last time.

What caught my eye there was that the jockey Twiston Davies (not as good as his brother), switched him very early from a low draw to the far side losing so much ground. He made a fair mid race move before understandably tiring late on. On that run he was just behind Queensbury Rules of Haggas and that one is 14/1.

Back upto his best trip, 17lbs lower than 18 months ago when with Gosden deserves to be a big price but not the complete rag of the field.

i tried this with Coral last night, on various browsers. site unusable

tried again this morning, still can't get anything into a betslip online

wrote to the chief Executive, Andy Hornby, who used to be FD of Halifax and was at the helm for HBOS's very imprudent housing market lending (self certification) that eventually led them to run to Lloyds Bank as they had too much bad exposures

Mr Hornby said: "I'm very sorry what happened at HBOS. It has affected shareholders, many of whom are colleagues, it's affected the communities in which we live and serve, it's clearly affected taxpayers, and we are extremely sorry for the turn of events that has brought it about."

Now at Coral, and their website is the worst i ever use.

gave up when i tried again

betvictor 66-1 but only 4 places

14:55 STARBOARD (EW) (Horse Racing Outright - Race) Odds: 66/1 Stake: 20.00 Possible Return:  845.00 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82526 on: July 12, 2014, 07:45:46 AM »

Bosh is staying with the Heat, so I think that cancels argueboy's reason to back them (I've backed them at 20s earlier and they may still land Melo or someone good but can't see it, I have quite a bit on Cleveland at 60s, 50s n 40s tho, hoping that works out well).

In light on not getting Fred on Cleveland (tho I did post here I was busy betting on next season's NBA, noone asked what on!) I've been looking at the Rookie of the Year market. I'll post proper reasons when I have time, but Nerlens Noel's price looks like it's tumbling, was 10/1 across the board, now only at Billy Hills I think. For clarity I've backed him at 14s and topped up a bit at 10s. Reasons to come but for now...

Rec £40 on Nerlens Noel Rookie of the Year 10-1
http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/nba-championship/rookie-of-the-year

16 Oct 2014 - NBA - Rookie of the Year 2014/15 - Rookie of the Year

Nerlens Noel @ 10/1

Stake : £40.00
Estimated Returns : £
Transaction Reference:
O/0457483/0001025/F
Total Stake : £40.00

All bets are accepted in accordance with the William Hill Betting Rules, as published on this site.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82527 on: July 12, 2014, 07:55:58 AM »

Today's finish of Stage 8 of the TdF looks a lot like the last climb of La Fleche Wallonne (LFW) ... which would explain the bookies' odds. If like me, you want to bet against Valverde (or a breakaway) winning today, then the following LFW hierarchy might interest you:
Valverde (1), Kwiatkowski (3), Mollema (4), Slagter (5), Albasini (7), Nibali (14), Frank (15), Fuglsang (19), Van Den Broeck (20), Dumoulin (21). Personally, I think Slagter @ 28/1 e/w and Dumoulin @ 100/1 e/w (given his formidable current form) are both attractive prices. I am pretty miffed that I missed yesterday's winner Matteo Trentin at odds of 200/1, but it gives me hope that there is still an edge to be had.

While on the topic of the TdF, I think Fuglsang @ 50/1 e/w (outright GC) and Trofimov @ 125/1 (Top 3) is also worth discussing.

PS. I quite like the Dumoulin and Trofimov bets ... sucker for big odds. Minimum stakes, of course.

stage 8

slagter

Stage 08

33/1
    £216.30
    Tom Jelte Slagter
    Stage 8 Winner
    £5 EW

Bet Ref: O/0140260/0000057

dumoulin (restricted)

Tour De France 2014 Stage Betting
Tour De France 2014 Stage 8 Winner Tomblaine - Gerardmer La Mauselaine 161km
EW 1/4 1,2,3,4,5    Dumoulin, Tom    100/1    
Total stake   £ 4.00
Estimated return   £ 254.00
Full stake   £ 4.00
Full estimated return   £ 254.00
betfred

tdf

fulsgang

12 Jul 2014 - Tour de France - 2014 Winner - Outright

Jakob Fuglsang @ 50/1  EW @ 1/3 1-2

Stake : £10.00 (£5.00 x 2)
Estimated Returns : £
Transaction Reference:
O/0457483/0001026/F
Total Stake : £10.00

All bets are accepted in accordance with the William Hill Betting Rules, as published on this site.

trofimov

Outright Markets
Yuri Trofimov - General Classification - Podium Finish
   100/1    5.00
   Open    505.00

no joy with PP or b365 for anything above 37p

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82528 on: July 12, 2014, 08:20:21 AM »

BET SUGGESTION STARBOARD £10 EACH WAY 50/1 KORALS (5 PLACES) (sjames are 66 4 places for those who can/want to)

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/2014-07-12-york/14:55/winner

Speculative one this but at the prices worth a small bet.

Was with Gosden before two years ago before going to France and doing little. Simcock bought it for 70k just over a year ago, Has had four runs for him two respectable efforts in Dubai outclassed in a listed race and then a fair run in the Hunt Cup last time.

What caught my eye there was that the jockey Twiston Davies (not as good as his brother), switched him very early from a low draw to the far side losing so much ground. He made a fair mid race move before understandably tiring late on. On that run he was just behind Queensbury Rules of Haggas and that one is 14/1.

Back upto his best trip, 17lbs lower than 18 months ago when with Gosden deserves to be a big price but not the complete rag of the field.

i tried this with Coral last night, on various browsers. site unusable

tried again this morning, still can't get anything into a betslip online

wrote to the chief Executive, Andy Hornby, who used to be FD of Halifax and was at the helm for HBOS's very imprudent housing market lending (self certification) that eventually led them to run to Lloyds Bank as they had too much bad exposures

Mr Hornby said: "I'm very sorry what happened at HBOS. It has affected shareholders, many of whom are colleagues, it's affected the communities in which we live and serve, it's clearly affected taxpayers, and we are extremely sorry for the turn of events that has brought it about."

Now at Coral, and their website is the worst i ever use.

gave up when i tried again

betvictor 66-1 but only 4 places

14:55 STARBOARD (EW) (Horse Racing Outright - Race) Odds: 66/1 Stake: 20.00 Possible Return:  845.00 

I like to think I know a little about Business, & Online Gaming. Not much, but enough to know that if Clients can't use the site, they'll soon go elsewhere.

The software for many Sports Betting sites really is extremely complex, much more than most realise, & they all go wrong from time to time. And they all have fast-response Teams to sort it out quickly.

This problem with Coral's site has lasted as long as I've used them, over 3 years now. I tried to use them last night for the Fishing bets, but despite trying 2 different computers & my I-pad, I could not get the bet to "take" on any of them. 

The usual work-around is to log back off, then log on again. This did not work last night.

It's totally inexplicable that this problem has persisted so long.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82529 on: July 12, 2014, 08:25:11 AM »

Daily Report

Loss on Month £29.76

Outstanding Bets £2512.05

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdFk3UmlTSXMzTjRBTVNfOWRndVFsZHc&usp=drive_web#gid=27

A profit of £7 yesterday

Integral won at Newmarket for a profit of £47

Click to see full-size image.

losers

Oscar was not, unsurpringly, on the 10 man shortlist for FIFA Golden Ball. After a good performance in the first game, not a lot followed for the player named after the 1980 Academy Awards -£20

Not a single Premier League player on the shortlists for Golden Ball, Golden Glove or Young Player Awards

Hull KR lost 6-30 to Leeds - £20

ongoing positions

Valverde climbed a couple of places on the GC with crash setbacks to Talansky etc above him in the table

Fognini reached the semi-finals of the ATP Mercedes where he plays Batuista Agut, who played Murray at Wmbledon

Jaidee recorded his second 71 in Aberdeen and on 134 is six shots off the half way lead, Tied 34th

England got into a pickle at Chennai bridge

only for Root and Anderson to consolidate and make the game look draw-y again

In the T20 blast, the Warwickshire Bears beat the Worcestershire Rapids, meaning that with two games to go Worcestershire are 3rd,with 4 through, and probably needing to win a game to make it. Closer than it was.

Good news for two of our other teams. A 55 ball century from Jonny Bairstow helped Yorkshire beat Durham

In the South Group Glamorgan scored 192 at the Oval, the highest T20 score there since 2010, and they clung on against Pietersen, Jason Roy and co to win by 4 runs and climb to third in the south table

South group, where essex play kent today at colchester (long on sixes, runs)

NatWest T20 Blast - South Group
   Team    Played    Won    Lost    Tied    N/R    R/R    Points
1    Essex    9    8    1    0    0    0.388    16.0
2    Hampshire    12    7    5    0    0    0.043    14.0
3    Glamorgan    11    5    3    1    2    -0.014    13.0
4    Surrey    10    6    4    0    0    0.654    12.0
5    Somerset    11    5    5    0    1    0.0040    11.0

North Group

NatWest T20 Blast - North Group
   Team    Played    Won    Lost    Tied    N/R    R/R    Points
1    Lancashire    12    8    2    0    2    0.704    18.0
2    Nottinghamshire    11    6    3    0    2    0.525    14.0
3    Worcestershire    12    6    4    0    2    0.266    14.0
4    Yorkshire    11    5    3    0    3    0.49    13.0

5    Warwickshire    12    5    5    0    2    -0.0040    12.0
6    Northamptonshire    11    4    4    0    3    -0.827    11.0

14 games each, top 4 through

In baseball a nice double whammy as, in extra innings, the Baltimore Orioles beat the NY Yankees 3-2 to consolidate their lead at the top of the AL East. The Royals lost narrowly to Detroit in the AL Central.

Finally, stat of the day

Cleveland has 3 major sports franchises

The Indians, in baseball

The Browns, in football

The Cavaliers, in basketball

These teams have played a combined 141 seasons since the city's last major championship, Browns in 1964. Longest active drought of any US city. Cleveland are now 4-1 favourites to win the 2014-2015 NBA after he came home

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 10:41:53 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 5498 5499 5500 5501 [5502] 5503 5504 5505 5506 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: