blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:45:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6789 6790 6791 6792 [6793] 6794 6795 6796 6797 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13333779 times)
gherkin

View Profile
« Reply #101880 on: May 28, 2015, 05:48:34 PM »

I went down to Hove for a couple of hours on Sunday afternoon and to me it wasn't the track that was the problem but the ball was moving all over in the air. Luke Wright, Craig Cachopa and Harry Finch all looked like they were batting with a wet noodle. The spinners then came on and they tried to hoick it down to Cow Corner only to be stumped, caught or lbw sweeping. Pretty ordinary batting.

here is the video of day 4. quite a game

http://www.ecb.co.uk/news/articles/jordan-cameo-seals-dramatic-win

look at the balls that got finch and joyce! unplayable

Amazing game, although Warwickshire threw it away really - it shouldn't be a close finish when you have them 55-5 chasing 190 on that pitch.  The narrowest of defeats but unfortunately the difference between becoming 2/1 favourites for the Championship or 5/1 outsiders, as they are now

I think the conditions made it difficult for batting but the pitch was definitely the main problem.  I would be amazed if Sussex weren't deducted points, 3 of our players got injured batting including a split chin and a broken thumb. Looks like the bookies agree, since Sussex have drifted slightly with a few of them despite that win.

I'd been waiting all week to see the odds on our game tomorrow.  Like Tighty I think Northants were under-rated in the pre-season market because of their poor performance last year, and losing their 1st game was only going to help them go under the radar more.  Birmingham are definitely over-rated base on the fact they won it and made a big name signing to improve the team.  You don't need me to tell you they'll be a lot stronger team once McCullum arrives - until then I see them as a slightly above average team.  Woakes is probably our 3rd most important player and he isn't back from injury yet, so that weakens things further.  

Warwickshire are one of the few counties who still treat this competition quite archaically, resting 1 or 2 Championship bowlers each match (Barker last game, Wright this game and I'm sure Rankin will be next) to give younger players some experience and freshen up the seam attack ready for the "main competitions".  That's not a criticism, I think it's the right thing to do.  Trott also looks like he's retired from this format (not heard anything officially but he's not been in any of the squads) to presumably concentrate on the CC and 1 day comp.  Although his slow batting doesn't seem suited to this game, believe it or not he had an excellent record for us in this competition and the only reason he didn't play in Finals Day last year was because Bell came back.  The 2 youngsters they would have been looking to give an opportunity to in his place are Coleman and Hain, both of which are injured so Webb and Lewis are in again.  Great to see them get a chance but you can't expect them to make a big impact in their first few games.  There are 6 2nd XI players in the squad for tomorrow, and only 9 of the 13 players have won more than 2 T20 games in their career.  Still a decent squad but not as experienced/strong as the team that went on that 8 game winning streak at the end of last year.  2 low totals so far in the competition so far and a 3rd wouldn't surprise me tomorrow.

Whereas Warwickshire had this bruising game against Sussex, Northants have had a week off to prepare.  Azharullah is back for them and I can't see any reason why they shouldn't be small favourites at home.  It's a bit frustrating as I thought the bookies would get this all wrong and would open them up at 11/10 or maybe even 6/5 but they are only slightly out with the EVS price.  Because I'd want big value if I was betting against my team, then I'm probably going to leave it myself but I wouldn't put anyone off who was considering a bet on Northants at the current price.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:52:05 PM by gherkin » Logged
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #101881 on: May 28, 2015, 06:07:28 PM »

Watson v Stephens at the French Open this afternoon.

Watson leads 4-0 head to head (including a win on clay) but is 2-1 underdog in places.  I think it's worth £25 as there seems to be something in the Watson game that matches up well against her opponent.

Unfortunately Watson was beaten convincingly today 6-2 6-4.

Her service performance was pretty dreadful winning only 45% of her service points.  She got back in the 2nd set at 4-4 but was then broken to love.  Poor.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101882 on: May 28, 2015, 06:08:24 PM »

I went down to Hove for a couple of hours on Sunday afternoon and to me it wasn't the track that was the problem but the ball was moving all over in the air. Luke Wright, Craig Cachopa and Harry Finch all looked like they were batting with a wet noodle. The spinners then came on and they tried to hoick it down to Cow Corner only to be stumped, caught or lbw sweeping. Pretty ordinary batting.

here is the video of day 4. quite a game

http://www.ecb.co.uk/news/articles/jordan-cameo-seals-dramatic-win

look at the balls that got finch and joyce! unplayable

Amazing game, although Warwickshire threw it away really - it shouldn't be a close finish when you have them 55-5 chasing 190 on that pitch.  The narrowest of defeats but unfortunately the difference between becoming 2/1 favourites for the Championship or 5/1 outsiders, as they are now

I think the conditions made it difficult for batting but the pitch was definitely the main problem.  I would be amazed if Sussex weren't deducted points, 3 of our players got injured batting including a split chin and a broken thumb. Looks like the bookies agree, since Sussex have drifted slightly with a few of them despite that win.

I'd been waiting all week to see the odds on our game tomorrow.  Like Tighty I think Northants were under-rated in the pre-season market because of their poor performance last year, and losing their 1st game was only going to help them go under the radar more.  Birmingham are definitely over-rated base on the fact they won it and made a big name signing to improve the team.  You don't need me to tell you they'll be a lot stronger team once McCullum arrives - until then I see them as a slightly above average team.  Woakes is probably our 3rd most important player and he isn't back from injury yet, so that weakens things further. 

Warwickshire are one of the few counties who still treat this competition quite archaically, resting 1 or 2 Championship bowlers each match (Barker last game, Wright this game and I'm sure Rankin will be next) to give younger players some experience and freshen up the seam attack ready for the "main competitions".  That's not a criticism, I think it's the right thing to do.  Trott also looks like he's retired from this format (not heard anything officially but he's not been in any of the squads) to presumably concentrate on the CC and 1 day comp.  Although his slow batting doesn't seem suited to this game, believe it or not he had an excellent record for us in this competition and the only reason he didn't play in Finals Day last year was because Bell came back.  The 2 youngsters they would have been looking to give an opportunity to in his place are Coleman and Hain, both of which are injured so Webb and Lewis are in again.  Great to see them get a chance but you can't expect them to make a big impact in their first few games.  There are 6 2nd XI players in the squad for tomorrow, and only 9 of the 13 players have won more than 2 T20 games in their career.  Still a decent squad but not as experienced/strong as the team that went on that 8 game winning streak at the end of last year.  2 low totals so far in the competition so far and a 3rd wouldn't surprise me tomorrow.

Whereas Warwickshire had this bruising game against Sussex, Northants have had a week off to prepare.  Azharullah is back for them and I can't see any reason why they shouldn't be small favourites at home.  It's a bit frustrating as I thought the bookies would get this all wrong and would open them up at 11/10 or maybe even 6/5 but they are only slightly out with the EVS price.  Because I'd want big value if I was betting against my team, then I'm probably going to leave it myself but I wouldn't put anyone off who was considering a bet on Northants at the current price.

Good game in store next week in Div 1, Mddlesex v Warwicks at Lords.

will have a better idea if Middx are "for real" after that game (for our other bet in the division)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #101883 on: May 29, 2015, 02:49:06 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

Simple things etc., but made me chuckle.

exstream

View Profile
« Reply #101884 on: May 29, 2015, 05:49:30 AM »

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/g/5173149/Match-Betting.html

Esports>League of Legends>Team Liquid to beat Team Dragon Knight.

8/15 WH
1/2 bet365

Already 1.45 on pinnacle, news filtering through that TDK are playing with three substitutes. They have also lost 3 bans this game.
I reckon come game time, Saturday, Team Liquid are going to be 1/4.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #101885 on: May 29, 2015, 08:31:39 AM »

Bielsa now in to 9/4 favourite for the Wham job. Haven't they got a squad that can't really run?

Please make that happen Cheesy

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #101886 on: May 29, 2015, 08:41:39 AM »

Bielsa now in to 9/4 favourite for the Wham job. Haven't they got a squad that can't really run?

it won't matter he will make any squad run And press the ball

Let's hope there is a 6 month handicap somewhere if he comes
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101887 on: May 29, 2015, 09:08:38 AM »

Getting ready to run for cover......

Surely southampton are too big at 33s.

Were definitely a surprise package this year and next year the following factors are in place.

Could get figured out. Certainly some evidence of this towards the end of this season.
European football
Some more names out of the door again.

Much bigger than the price this time last year and possibly value?
I think saints could be much bigger to go down after the first few games of the season depending on fixture list, if arsenal win cup and saints get some early euro games under there belt they will be match fit before the rest of the league after 3-4 matches they will have gotten some decent points in the bag odds on them going down will be in 3 figures then crash when playing twice a week cripples there squad and we will end season in a dog fight.

I am in 2 minds head says villa to win cup heart says arsenal

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #101888 on: May 29, 2015, 09:29:01 AM »

If anybody wants to lay me Lamela v Bojan in a matchbet please let me know!

Happy to accommodate as a Stoke fan at evens for a bit of fun.  Let me know how much.

£50 ok?

cheers

Fine. gl!

Paid £50 this morning
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #101889 on: May 29, 2015, 09:39:05 AM »

Ah imagine the sight of Andy Carroll galloping around for 90mins.

Please, please make this happen Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101890 on: May 29, 2015, 10:19:11 AM »

Daily Report

Profit on Month £610.52

Outstanding Bets £1723.12

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eCEvN9MELsUxB81rHuWrfoX3zwIMPQQ205Lcjm3kbgU/edit#gid=24

A loss of £25 yesterday, Heather Watson lost to Soane Stephens in straight sets

ongoing

Murray beat Sousa in 4 sets to advance to thitd round where he plays Krygios

Djokovic won in straight sets

on his debut, pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez threw 7.2 scoreless innings to help the red sox beat the Rangers 5-1

the white sox split a double header at the orioles, winnings 3-2 then losing 6-3

today is the day...

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #101891 on: May 29, 2015, 10:27:29 AM »

Considering all thats happened the opening odds against blatter must be one of the greatest ricks of modern times..
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #101892 on: May 29, 2015, 10:36:00 AM »

8/15 WH
1/2 bet365

Already 1.45 on pinnacle, news filtering through that TDK are playing with three substitutes. They have also lost 3 bans this game.

no idea what this is  Tongue but wh still holding 8/15, into 4/11 with beteveryday now
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101893 on: May 29, 2015, 10:39:30 AM »

8/15 WH
1/2 bet365

29 May 2015 - Team Dragon Knights v Liquid - Match Betting

Liquid @ 8/15

Stake : £50.00
Estimated Returns : £
Transaction Reference:
O/0457483/0001329/F
Total Stake : £50.00

9pm today apparently

let us know if it wins please

My eyes are open wide
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #101894 on: May 29, 2015, 11:13:37 AM »

lol offer at Betdaq

They are offering 50% of losses up to £25 as "non-withdrawable cash" if you download and use Geeks Toy Bet Angel etc. 

I can't be bothered working out what to do with "non-withdrawable cash" to give it any value. 

Pages: 1 ... 6789 6790 6791 6792 [6793] 6794 6795 6796 6797 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: