blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:54:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7486 7487 7488 7489 [7490] 7491 7492 7493 7494 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13445540 times)
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #112335 on: January 19, 2016, 11:41:52 PM »

Prestige heats start tomorrow at Hall Green with 18 entrants, and the top 2 from each heat going into the final live on sky next week.

Had a little study up of the antepost and heat markets and like the look of an unexposed local dog making the step up in trip.

In the third heat, T3 Leons Buck has posted some seriously fast times over the shorter (480m) trip and was likely held back from the open scene for the intertrack last month. It trialled last week over the longer for the first time and again put up some nice numbers for first time over that trip. Think it has a chance to lead the inner here and 6/1 for the race and 25/1 antepost certainly appeal (B365 for both).

In the second heat I also would advise taking the 11/8 B365 want to lay about Fizzypop Buddy in 6. The antepost favourite has a draw to die for and I cannot see him being this side of evens all things being equal tomorrow afternoon.

1232 - Fizzypop Buddy 11/8
1333 - Leons Buck 6/1 (&25/1 antepost)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 11:44:12 PM by MattyHollis » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #112336 on: January 20, 2016, 12:20:27 AM »

Prestige heats start tomorrow at Hall Green with 18 entrants, and the top 2 from each heat going into the final live on sky next week.

Had a little study up of the antepost and heat markets and like the look of an unexposed local dog making the step up in trip.

In the third heat, T3 Leons Buck has posted some seriously fast times over the shorter (480m) trip and was likely held back from the open scene for the intertrack last month. It trialled last week over the longer for the first time and again put up some nice numbers for first time over that trip. Think it has a chance to lead the inner here and 6/1 for the race and 25/1 antepost certainly appeal (B365 for both).

In the second heat I also would advise taking the 11/8 B365 want to lay about Fizzypop Buddy in 6. The antepost favourite has a draw to die for and I cannot see him being this side of evens all things being equal tomorrow afternoon.

Huge amount of runners entered this and only 3 heats of 6.   Crazy.  Dozens of dogs turned away who are better class than the local graders who got in.  Why didn't they have 6 heats of 6?  Don't get it.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #112337 on: January 20, 2016, 02:08:01 AM »

Regarding the 'next manager to leave' market, I think Alex Neil is a good shout.

For those of the opinion that there might not be another managerial casualty for the rest of the season, any love for (and I hate to say it) Manuel Pellegrini as an outside punt?

The shadow of Guardiola is looming large, and although I think MP is handling it well so far, very well in fact, the pressure is only going to intensify as the year progresses. Our season could be defined in the next 2 months; we have the 2nd leg against Everton, the CL double header with Kiev, where we will start as favourites, has potential banana skin written all over it (they knocked us out of the Europa League a few years ago), and some big games coming up in the league kicking off with WHU away this weekend, and ties including immediate rivals Leicester and Spurs coming to Eastlands next month. And we face Villa in the FA Cup, which in theory is fine, but its less fine if they eliminate you. No offence to any Villains ITT Smiley

We have recent history of giving the manager the boot before the end of the season. Mancini was ousted with 2 games to go, immediately after losing the cup final to Wigan, but apparently he was a goner regardless of that result. Our last home game of the season is Arsenal. The dreaded scenario being that that is the title decider, we lose it and thus go to Swansea on the last day with nada to play for.

I'm struggling to find the odds across the board (Betvictor showing 25/1, Skybet 40/1 but know that isn't feasible). I'm tired and will look properly tomorrow as it's probably me just missing it. Our season is gonna hinge on a few key upcoming games, and if we lose them, and no other manager gets the boot for the foreseeable, I think his price could plummet.

Cliffs
-Manuel Pellegrini up to 40/1 for next manager to leave
-Guardiola lurking
-next 2 months will make or break season
-City booted Mancini before the season was over when we had nothing to play for
-I'm tired.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 02:10:22 AM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #112338 on: January 20, 2016, 09:21:00 AM »

Huge amount of runners entered this and only 3 heats of 6.   Crazy.  Dozens of dogs turned away who are better class than the local graders who got in.  Why didn't they have 6 heats of 6?  Don't get it.

Not sure where you get this information?
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #112339 on: January 20, 2016, 10:10:55 AM »

Just heard that hall green meeting called off today now. Going to try and run the heats Friday night instead now.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112340 on: January 20, 2016, 11:04:46 AM »

just the one bet completed yesterday

Conor Washington moved to QPR so -£20

MTD +£479.47

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112341 on: January 20, 2016, 11:05:33 AM »

There was bad news in the SPL bets

Celtic hammered Hamilton 8-1 and Griffiths scored a hat-trick

we are on Rooney and Aberdeen

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112342 on: January 20, 2016, 11:28:38 AM »

Looks a good bet to my untrained eye. I say untrained...I'm a spurs fan, so I know a thing or two about managerial turnover. Looking forward to Delia recruiting the Ostrich Spotter in due course.

Can sort Paddy if we want? Say the amount and I'll see what the Mr Whippy filter allows.

just a tenner. small beer

Confirmed.

Paddy's terms include any manager to leave their position, whether sacked, resigned or being put on gardening leave. There is a "No Manager to Leave" option, so if it goes to season end with no one gone (chortle...), the bet is a loser.

£10 @ 14/1 Alex Neil to be the next manager to leave his premier league club.

Thanks Spurs Bloke.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112343 on: January 20, 2016, 11:30:06 AM »

A quick chess update...

Ding has 2.5 out of 4, which likely puts him in a tie for second place, although there's not much between most of the field, really. Rest day tomorrow and then our man has two Whites, against Karjakin and Navara, before the stiff test of Caruana as Black.

He's playing good chess and looks completely at home from the games I've been through. As long as he has a positive (over 50%) score, we will be in the hunt.

How do you "go through" a game?

Do you set up a chess board, then place the pieces sequentially from the annotation, or can you do it in your head by visualisation?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #112344 on: January 20, 2016, 12:08:16 PM »

A quick chess update...

Ding has 2.5 out of 4, which likely puts him in a tie for second place, although there's not much between most of the field, really. Rest day tomorrow and then our man has two Whites, against Karjakin and Navara, before the stiff test of Caruana as Black.

He's playing good chess and looks completely at home from the games I've been through. As long as he has a positive (over 50%) score, we will be in the hunt.

How do you "go through" a game?

Do you set up a chess board, then place the pieces sequentially from the annotation, or can you do it in your head by visualisation?

I tend to play through the game on the Web.

http://en.chessbase.com/post/tata-steel-rd4-it-ain-t-over-til-it-s-over

I used to be able to do it all in my head but it's hard enough to understand the nuances of a position when you can see the board!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112345 on: January 20, 2016, 12:13:38 PM »

Chess on the web? Good Lord.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112346 on: January 20, 2016, 12:42:26 PM »

Attention all Netball followers.

Amongst my range of informers, I have a friend who is into Netball, got all the short skirts, watches all the games, everything.

He tells me there is a real opportunity on the International Netball Series between Australia & England @ 7.30pm this evening.

BetEveryDay have Australia 5/6 at -5.5. Apparently, that should be more like -15.5.  

The game is in Liverpool (?) tonight, live on Sky Sports 2.

BBC preview the game, here.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/netball/35356153

Fred is effectively unable to get on thin markets with that firm, but if anyone fancies a fun tenner, help yourself.

cheapwetsuit

View Profile
« Reply #112347 on: January 20, 2016, 12:47:37 PM »

Not the best of days for our cycling bet. Grmay didn't lose any major time, but it would seem that his team leader, Ulissi, is in good shape, picking up 6 bonus seconds. Another pre-race favourite, Rohan Dennis, also managed to pick up a time bonus. Tomorrow sees the first proper climbing stage of the TDU with multiple ascents of the Corkscrew. Fingers crossed. BTW, Jay McCarthy of Tinkoff-Saxo won the stage in a sprint. He must have been about 200/1 at the off, so long-shots do happen in cycling. Apparently, Stage 2 had been a goal of his. Would have been nice to know.

https://youtu.be/Nz0GEwTmQ-k
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:49:28 PM by cheapwetsuit » Logged
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #112348 on: January 20, 2016, 01:29:12 PM »

Attention all Netball followers.

Amongst my range of informers, I have a friend who is into Netball, got all the short skirts, watches all the games, everything.

He tells me there is a real opportunity on the International Netball Series between Australia & England @ 7.30pm this evening.

BetEveryDay have Australia 5/6 at -5.5. Apparently, that should be more like -15.5.  

The game is in Liverpool (?) tonight, live on Sky Sports 2.

BBC preview the game, here.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/netball/35356153

Fred is effectively unable to get on thin markets with that firm, but if anyone fancies a fun tenner, help yourself.

How much would you like Tikay ?
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #112349 on: January 20, 2016, 01:32:10 PM »

Hopefully a couple of bets at meydan again tomorrow prices permitting
Pages: 1 ... 7486 7487 7488 7489 [7490] 7491 7492 7493 7494 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: