blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:17:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8729 8730 8731 8732 [8733] 8734 8735 8736 8737 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13331924 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130980 on: November 22, 2017, 11:27:29 PM »

did you beat any of those guys tom?

Oh I wasn't playing Iron, I was there in a managerial capacity.

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130981 on: November 22, 2017, 11:34:14 PM »

Silvino Francisco. Therein lies a tale.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #130982 on: November 22, 2017, 11:41:56 PM »

Is that Cliff sitting next to Silvino?

There were quite a few 'taches around in those days.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130983 on: November 22, 2017, 11:42:57 PM »

Silvino Francisco. Therein lies a tale.

I'll say.

He stitched me right up with a dodgy Rolex. It wasn't fake ot stolen ot anything like that, but it wasn't original. The plain bezel had been replaced with a diamond one but rather than add value it made it worth less. I did manage to get out of it eventually but I had to take some other hard to shift goods in part ex.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130984 on: November 22, 2017, 11:46:45 PM »

Is that Cliff sitting next to Silvino?

There were quite a few 'taches around in those days.

No, it's 'Dustbin' Danny Fowler.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130985 on: November 23, 2017, 12:40:26 AM »

http://snookerscene.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/where-are-they-now.html

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130986 on: November 23, 2017, 09:30:12 AM »

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #130987 on: November 23, 2017, 09:44:36 AM »

I wonder if those 20 years of Snooker Scene mags are still available?
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130988 on: November 23, 2017, 10:18:44 AM »

i want his shirt

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130989 on: November 23, 2017, 10:47:25 AM »

Robert Manns, a good friend of mine was managing Bill Werbeniuk, Danny Fowler and Alain Robidoux at the time.
He was all set to travel to Bangkok with the players when something went tits up with one of his other business ventures. Apparently it was an emergency that required his personal attention so he was unable to go to Thailand.

The flights and hotel were booked and paid for, so I did the right thing and offered my services. He deputised me and I went in place of him.

It was my job to make sure the players got enough sleep, didn't drink alcohol and stayed away from girls.

That went well..... 

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130990 on: November 23, 2017, 11:45:04 AM »

@ NI snooker.

Is White rocking an iffy syrup?

More of an iffy thatch unless that's fallen out - he's been wearing one for decades now.

It looks like he still has his hat on underneath.

I have noticed that the latest version seems a little crowned.

I love Jimmy and have known him since he was 16/17 years old.

My first memory of him was seeing him and his then girlfriend playing gin-rummy in the room above Pepe's Mazurka club in Soho whilst waiting for Ted Isles's nightly poker game to begin. When the late lamented Victoria snooker-hall was closed down c1981 many of the regulars of whom I was one moved to Wandsworth just across the river to feed our addiction for the game. It was the lair of many and various characters from tic-tac men at the local greyhound tracks to dealers in the West End spielers one of whom was a well-dressed lad who played a decent game of snooker and also happened to work as dealer at The Mazurka - Steve Jermyn - who when he realized I was a gambler and interested in poker offered to take me to the club, introduce me to the gang and have a game if I fancied.

So started another major change of direction in my somewhat chequered career.

Such a tease Ralphie.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #130991 on: November 23, 2017, 01:15:30 PM »

@ NI snooker.

More of an iffy thatch unless that's fallen out - he's been wearing one for decades now.

My first memory of him was seeing him and his then girlfriend playing gin-rummy in the room above Pepe's Mazurka club in Soho whilst waiting for Ted Isles's nightly poker game to begin. When the late lamented Victoria snooker-hall was closed down c1981 many of the regulars of whom I was one moved to Wandsworth just across the river to feed our addiction for the game. It was the lair of many and various characters from tic-tac men at the local greyhound tracks to dealers in the West End spielers one of whom was a well-dressed lad who played a decent game of snooker and also happened to work as dealer at The Mazurka - Steve Jermyn - who when he realized I was a gambler and interested in poker offered to take me to the club, introduce me to the gang and have a game if I fancied.

Such a tease Ralphie.

Can anyone guess the 2nd cousin three times removed connection between my favourite table #2 at Victoria Snooker Club in London and Stu(StuartHopkin)Hopkin?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #130992 on: November 23, 2017, 02:07:48 PM »

@ NI snooker.

Small world, in the early 80s I used to go a snooker club in Wandsworth every Saturday morning. We were all rubbish but I remember seeing Jimmy White playing there in the morning before a game he had that afternoon at Wembley, the B & H was it ?

I also have something in common with Jimmy White - a nice headline in the watford observer 'Whirlwind' Henderson after a sensational knock

sola virtus nobilitat
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #130993 on: November 23, 2017, 02:16:22 PM »

Well Wichita State lost a thriller in the Maui tournament final, going down by a point to 13th ranked Notre Dame who hit two free throws with 2.4 seconds remaining to secure a big comeback win. Whilst the loss is disappointing, Wichita is still missing its best player in Marcus McDuffie and it's better to get losses out of the way now rather than in March. Positive signs.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #130994 on: November 23, 2017, 02:43:55 PM »

@ NI snooker.

Small world, in the early 80s I used to go a snooker club in Wandsworth every Saturday morning. We were all rubbish but I remember seeing Jimmy White playing there in the morning before a game he had that afternoon at Wembley, the B & H was it ?

I also have something in common with Jimmy White - a nice headline in the watford observer 'Whirlwind' Henderson after a sensational knock

That's the one Glen you get in via a side door/entryphone down an alley - Jimmy was in there all the time.

The manager was big burly Scot known as Jock and whenever Jimmy was clearing the table with a 100+ break he'd shout out in his broad Scottish burr "Jimmy White the best player in the worrrrld". I practiced (or should I say respotted the colours) with Jimmy a few times in there. I also met Tony Bolton and other luminaries for the first time at Wandsworth snooker club.

Pages: 1 ... 8729 8730 8731 8732 [8733] 8734 8735 8736 8737 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: