blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:47:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8737 8738 8739 8740 [8741] 8742 8743 8744 8745 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13330350 times)
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #131100 on: December 04, 2017, 11:15:36 AM »

Moeen Ali Under (105.5)    5/6          
Total stake: 30.00
Potential returns: 55.00

pp

0 wickets for Moeen in the 1st innings, took a catch though

so far he scored 25 and took 1 catch, so he's on 35 performance points. Yet to bowl in the Aussie 2nd innings. as it's doing plenty for the seamers. So far, so good.

Looking good

Not sure how we missed Craig Overton top bat......especially after his 3 ducks beforehand.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131101 on: December 04, 2017, 01:52:16 PM »

Not sure how we missed Craig Overton top bat......especially after his 3 ducks beforehand.

Given his name, I'm surprised Overton didn't score a century.
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #131102 on: December 04, 2017, 05:09:14 PM »

Given his name, I'm surprised Overton didn't score a century.

He went for over a ton with the ball 😂
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #131103 on: December 04, 2017, 05:31:45 PM »

This article is about the award;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Person_of_the_Year
It's supposely "profiles a person, a group, an idea, or an object that "for better or for worse... has done the most to influence the events of the year". This could make Kim Jong Un a real runner.
However a comment that suggests he's unlikely is;
"As a result of the public backlash it received from the United States for naming Khomeini as Man of the Year in 1979, Time has since shied away from using figures who are controversial in the United States for commercial reasons, fearing reductions in sales or advertising revenue."
Colin Kaepernick is a divisive figure in the States and could suffer accordingly.

So Macron is a shortish favourite and if the decision was made 6 months ago, I could see why. However the lustre has since worn off the Macron revolution somewhat so I can see him being readily opposed.
The #MeToo campaign at 2nd favourite looks more likely to me as it's current and it would be politically correct. However the problem with stuff like this is, the eventual winner might not even be listed. "American Women" won the award in 1975 and they could be honoured again as it would cover the #MeToo campaign too.
Taylor Swift could be a runner I guess but looking at previous winners, she probably doesn't have the requisite gravitas. Conor McGregor might be a better option in the 'novelty' runners.
Someone like Zuckerberg or Elon Musk could be runners as Bezos (Amazon) and Zuckerberg (Facebook) are previous winners. Zuckerberg has previously won (there have been a number of multiple winners) but I don't know if he has done anything this year to merit inclusion. Musk looks best to me from a tech viewpoint this year.

So in summary, I dunno Smiley

Shortlist announced

http://time.com/5045719/time-person-of-the-year-2017-shortlist/

https://www.oddschecker.com/novelty/time-magazine-person-of-the-year/winner

Macron not in it, he was 1/4 on Pinnacle apparently - wtf was that about?

I've had a go with Kim for the lols (although as Trump could quite conceivably launch nuclear Armageddon in a fit of rage, maybe that isn't a good choice of word).

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 05:33:35 PM by doubleup » Logged
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131104 on: December 04, 2017, 05:41:07 PM »

Given that list it should be Xi Jinping - at the party congress this year he solidified his position as the most powerful leader in decades of one of only two countries in the world that really matter.

They'll probably go for the #MeToo movement as it's so zeitgeisty.

If you're betting on this, remember that the winner will already have been decided and so bear in mind Channing's Mantra - never bet on facts.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #131105 on: December 04, 2017, 08:27:45 PM »

Some stories you might have missed:

UFC fans went bananas over this one punch knockout at the weekend:

Click to see full-size image.

Mark Clattenberg says it was only a yellow.

Alexandre Pato used to look like this:

He's had a change:

The New York Giants binned their double super bowl winning quarterback, Eli Manning, a week ago.

They lost a close game yesterday. Today, they binned their head coach and general manager. And elected to try a different quarterback this coming weekend:

The FA Cup third round draw threw up a classic. No, not the Merseyside derby. The clash of the black and white football greats:

Trump is out. The snooker one.

And finally...

The first contestant for the new Celebrity Big Brother has been announced.

Channel 5 newsreader, India Willoughby.

Chompy, get your copy of Who's Who out, please. Fred needs you!

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 09:01:06 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131106 on: December 04, 2017, 08:34:14 PM »

Good work Tal, thanks, we need more of that sort of stuff.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #131107 on: December 04, 2017, 08:36:21 PM »

RIP Big Brother.

Need some proper celebritahs on it. Like Shiela Hancock.

This says it all. From a reliable sauce too. BB's OFFICIAL newspaper...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4825816/Celebrity-Big-Brother-face-AXED-Channel-5-boss.html
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 08:56:26 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #131108 on: December 05, 2017, 12:50:36 AM »

Joe Haden and Mike Mitchell inactive for the Steelers secondary tonight..If good Andy turns up Dalton anything over 240 yards is a bet.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #131109 on: December 05, 2017, 11:31:28 AM »

Nigel Atkins next hull city manager 1.5/1 would recommend

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #131110 on: December 05, 2017, 12:33:36 PM »

I wonder if now might be the time to have a look at Neil Robertson for the World Snooker Championships.

He's going to drop out of the top 16 because of his loss yesterday. That means he will miss the Masters.

As has been reported widely, he's had some pretty unpleasant family issues, but these seem to be under control now and he looked in fine touch this week. The ranking points he's lost will be frustrating but won't be a reflection of his current (or likely immediate future) form.

The UK is a high variance event on a short format, where the World's is a test of stamina and - generally - breakbuilding. Robbo has Course and Distance next to his name and will surely get the ranking points he needs in the eight ranking events between now and the cut off for qualification in April to be in the top 16 (clearly, generally better to be top 16 than 17-32).

Scuy has him best price at 18/1. Generally 14s. BaldFred says 16/1.

https://www.oddschecker.com/snooker/world-championship/winner

If he continues to play well, the price doesn't go out and I'd think comes in. Perhaps Ronnie dominating for the next few weeks and going off 6/5 messes up the market, but that's a sizeable if.

The each way position of 2 places 1/2 seems unpleasant, this far off the event, though happy to take contra-views. Would rather have both bets on the win at this point than spend one on the place.

Appreciate tying money up is undesirable.

£30 at 16/1?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131111 on: December 05, 2017, 12:40:41 PM »

I don't think he's good enough anymore, the game is so competitive and I would rather be onside those we know will be improving ahead of the handicapper like Yan bingtao, Luca brecel and kyren Wilson. Would have a decent punt that one of those three will win it before Robertson does again

Anyway if he gets back to 12-16 he'll face a top 4 seed in the last sixteen at the crucible. I think sub 20-1 is very skinny

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131112 on: December 05, 2017, 06:54:12 PM »

Leicester are 11/2 to win at Scunthorpe tonight in the checkatrade tonight, priced as if this is our U23 team. Each previous game has seen us pick 11xu23s. Our team tonight has 7 players who have played in the first team this season

Lcfc side to face Scunthorpe: Hamer, Amartey, Dragović, Benalouane, Wood, Choudhury (c), Ndukwu, Hughes, Thomas, Iheanacho, Ulloa.

Price looks pretty big as the manager is also there watching, and rotation over Xmas period is pending

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #131113 on: December 05, 2017, 06:55:47 PM »

Moeen Ali Under (105.5)    5/6          
Total stake: 30.00
Potential returns: 55.00

pp

0 wickets for Moeen in the 1st innings, took a catch though

so far he scored 25 and took 1 catch, so he's on 35 performance points. Yet to bowl in the Aussie 2nd innings. as it's doing plenty for the seamers. So far, so good.

Another catch (just 3rd time in 46 tests he's taken 2 catches in a game ), no wickets again though so 45 PP. We have 60 runs to play with. Moeen possibly gets moved down to number 8 in the order now Woakes is in as a night-watchman.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131114 on: December 05, 2017, 07:12:18 PM »

Leicester are 11/2 to win at Scunthorpe tonight in the checkatrade tonight, priced as if this is our U23 team. Each previous game has seen us pick 11xu23s. Our team tonight has 7 players who have played in the first team this season

Lcfc side to face Scunthorpe: Hamer, Amartey, Dragović, Benalouane, Wood, Choudhury (c), Ndukwu, Hughes, Thomas, Iheanacho, Ulloa.

Price looks pretty big as the manager is also there watching, and rotation over Xmas period is pending

Must be worth a bet, surely? £20?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 8737 8738 8739 8740 [8741] 8742 8743 8744 8745 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: