blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:43:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8839 8840 8841 8842 [8843] 8844 8845 8846 8847 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13329935 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132630 on: April 17, 2018, 12:05:26 PM »

All hail Andy Carroll

Stoke have been playing a bit better to my eyes. much more solid defensively but not enough goals to win the points required to make up their deficit

4 games to go, effective six points behind (goal difference) so need two wins from these four even if Swansea don't pick up any more points

currently 1/9 to drop https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132631 on: April 17, 2018, 12:26:51 PM »

Joe Hart did his bit to help Stoke, to be fair.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132632 on: April 17, 2018, 12:27:41 PM »

Joe Hart did his bit to help Stoke, to be fair.

Grin

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #132633 on: April 17, 2018, 02:29:03 PM »

Working out very nicely that Stoke lay.

It was only really placed as a back to lay initially because of that tough opening schedule.

They then did better than expected over the first eight games or so before the wheels came off.

Nice to run good and get a bonus winner for sure.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132634 on: April 17, 2018, 04:08:34 PM »

Stoke City

Losing players to teams around them in the PL (Arnautovic, Walters plus Martins Indi has left) with not much coming in (Zouma from Chelsea on loan is one)

The PL has more depth, even mid table sides spending significant sums this summer. Stoke under the Coates family are run somewhat more parsimoniously

Stoke had a poor start last season and recovered.

Hughes is second favourite for first depature

Shaqiri apart (Butland as well),anything in this squad that suggests they won't be bottom six?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stoke-city/kader/verein/512/saison_id/2017

they were always more than the sum of their parts under Pulis, and just about under Hughes but is this the season they might be at risk?

If so, does 7-1 to go down appeal?

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

to be fair the back to lay idea only came after this initial post as fewo thers thought they would go down! I thought they might, or that 7/1 might be a value price

resisted quite a bit of pressure to lay at regular intervals in the first half of the season until i finally closed it (too early the day Hughes was sacked, as no one expected Lambert after Hughes)

anyway,its not home yet.

As it happens the three promoted teams look like staying up too, which helps. No Barnsley, Swindon, Ipswich or Derby Premier League seasons for these three promoted sides, which has helped

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #132635 on: April 17, 2018, 04:36:00 PM »

Always assumed Stoke would go down, tbink forum was against it generally because of Arboy seeing thing through biased glasses (sorry mate!!) their team is really dreadful.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132636 on: April 17, 2018, 05:35:52 PM »

Isn't Stoke @ 7-1 the ideal trading spot?

Start badly, Hughes comes under pressure, gets the sack, is replaced by Alan Pardew. Lay back for freeroll...

Think this is where the suggestion it would be a good trading spot arose from. So close, too. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #132637 on: April 17, 2018, 05:41:02 PM »

Yikes!

I meant Paul Lambert obv. Pardew was always going to West Brom...

Readddddddzzzzzzzzz!

Wpwp us with the Stoke binkage though.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132638 on: April 17, 2018, 09:00:09 PM »

Anyone else think the near evens on laying Chelsea on Saturday away to Burnley is a good bet? Can't imagine the price will hold.

Thursday

FAC semi Sunday

right you are. Didn't even consider that and must play into Burnley's hands. Thoughts Tighty?

chelsea and man u likely to rest mid week as spurs have already done.

no idea what saints will do we need the points in the league but its a cup semi against a team we should of beaten (when 2-0 up)at the weekend

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #132639 on: April 18, 2018, 09:00:15 AM »

Another goal for Grigg last night puts him on 18 and he'll be hard to knock out of the four (Nick Powell is fifth on 15). Shame he didn't get his ar$e in gear earlier, but he's never catching Marriott now.

I've a strong feeling Bradley Dack will be adding to his 16 tomorrow night. The best midfielder in L1 this season facing the worst central midfield in the football league...hmm. He always seems to run the show against us too, even in his Gillingham days. 11-8 any time is pretty thin though. They've squeezed all the value out of anytime scorer markets over the past year.

We'll have some 27-20 Blackburn-Blackburn half-time/full-time though please. £40.

Steven Taylor and Maddison are back for this but the season is done and a lot of these players know they're a gonna in the summer. It's going to be massive change for the Poshies as Evans tries to spend whatever comes in from the Marriott sale. Twelve in, 12 out maybe.

We played Bolton live on Sky this time last season in a very similar spot and lost 3-0. Might play home goals too.

Sky's 9-1 Plymouth for promotion is too big. The 4-5 to make the top six is on the large side and they're never 9-2 shots to win the playoffs should they make them.

I'm also half tempted to lay Shrewsbury at home to Bury at the weekend. The wheels are coming off. They lost their big Wembley showdown last weekend and a 2-0 home loss to Charlton last night means they've pretty much blown any chance of automatic promotion. I'm expecting them to do a Palace from a few seasons ago, ie stumble into the playoffs before winning them.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #132640 on: April 18, 2018, 09:22:03 AM »

Bury played a lot of their half decent kids last night and one of the best games I have seen them play all season fwiw.

Think Charlton are much improved for not having Robinson in charge tbf but wouldnt be a massive downside to the lay, shame Grigg scored a lot of his goals in the cup run around xmas and took a break in the league.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #132641 on: April 18, 2018, 09:41:11 AM »

I'm not sure Grigg has been fit all season. He seems to get subbed more often than not and last night started on the bench.

His minutes per goal blows Marriott out of the water but, then again, he's playing in a slightly better team.

You've got £5m to go out and buy three midfielders and three strikers for an assault on L1 next season. Ho would you spend it horsey (or anyone else)?

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #132642 on: April 18, 2018, 11:10:28 AM »

I stumbled across a Plymouth forum last night....seems lots of them on huge top 6 and promo prices, talking cash out, yes/no/maybe.

Up the Argyle  Smiley
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #132643 on: April 18, 2018, 11:37:50 AM »

I'm not sure Grigg has been fit all season. He seems to get subbed more often than not and last night started on the bench.

His minutes per goal blows Marriott out of the water but, then again, he's playing in a slightly better team.

You've got £5m to go out and buy three midfielders and three strikers for an assault on L1 next season. Ho would you spend it horsey (or anyone else)?

Oooooh good question

Its for Posh I assume so Evans will buy in 16 with that budget Smiley

Callum Camps would be my nap especially if Rochdale go down classy player who deserves a crack at championship soon, Conor Mcaleny Fleetwood massively missed him this season and no surprise results picked up when he came back a month or so ago. Aneke from Mk Dons just because he is probably to good for League 2 not a massive fan but should be a sell on value there as well.

Jorge Grant from Forest depends how they rebuild in summer as to whether they sell, keep him or loan him again at 24 by then presume they will either sell or keep if sell a nap buy. Would probably be expensive mind still has two years left on contract I think.

Doubt he leaves especially now they are up but Conneely from Accrington would be a solid signing for me, good leader from midfielder no fuss and can also play right back no issues. I will leave the other one for the transfer committee Smiley
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 11:40:44 AM by horseplayer » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #132644 on: April 18, 2018, 11:45:36 AM »

Stephen Ireland and Charlie Adam will probably be available in the summer!
Pages: 1 ... 8839 8840 8841 8842 [8843] 8844 8845 8846 8847 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: