blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:51:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Independence Referendum
Poll
Question: Do you agree that Scotland should be an independent country?
Yes - because it would be better for the Scots
Yes - because the rest of the UK would be better off without the Scots
Don't really know
Don't care
No, the Union is a good thing

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 114 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Independence Referendum  (Read 190801 times)
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 01, 2014, 12:39:57 AM »

So Because Yes Voters are Vocal you want to vote No??

Cool Story Bro.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 01, 2014, 12:43:58 AM »

Cool Story Bro.

No, it makes me want to vote no because of the annoyance they cause me on social media.

Saw one guy tonight on fb get absolutely butchered for saying he was voting no, by yes campaigners.

Maybe it's just the type of campaigners that I'm noticing, that are annoying.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: September 01, 2014, 12:52:13 AM »

Cool Story Bro.

No, it makes me want to vote no because of the annoyance they cause me on social media.

Saw one guy tonight on fb get absolutely butchered for saying he was voting no, by yes campaigners.

Think you have to remember these people aren't professional politicians or lobbyists they are regular punters that obviously feel very passionately about the issue. I agree some of the stuff is bad and wish the less eloquent ones would leave it to those who can put over a proper reasoned point but to base a vote on the single biggest political issue in our lifetime on the fact there are a few dicks on Facebook seems a bit crazy to me.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 01, 2014, 12:55:33 AM »

Woodsey your just trolling, I hate the English football team but I like a lot of English players and like to see them succeed , I hate my local council but I like some of the people  in the council and that work for the council.

I hate rangers and Celtic with a passion but about 70% of my friends in the area will support one or the other and I don't hate them, won't stop me rubbing the face in it when things go wrong for the teams

Sorry mate I just don't buy it. People can't just say they hate the English and not hate the individuals, it's a total cop out I'm afraid to avoid abuse. I'd at least respect them if they had the balls to admit the hate was one and the same for both the groups and individuals. Personally as an Englishman I don't care if Scots hate me or not, just have the balls not to hide behind 'I hate the group not the individual comment'.

Would I give them some grief back if they admitted it? Yeah sure why not, but better to be truthful than hiding behind the group hate BS.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 01, 2014, 12:56:26 AM »

Cool Story Bro.

Where do you live?  Cheesy
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 01, 2014, 12:59:59 AM »

Cool Story Bro.

Think you have to remember these people aren't professional politicians or lobbyists they are regular punters that obviously feel very passionately about the issue. I agree some of the stuff is bad and wish the less eloquent ones would leave it to those who can put over a proper reasoned point but to base a vote on the single biggest political issue in our lifetime on the fact there are a few dicks on Facebook seems a bit crazy to me.

Hi james  

You're right, it would be crazy to vote either way on that basis, but it's one of a few reasons I won't be registering to vote. Just saying, these guys can be doing more harm than good with their one sided, in your face constantly lobbying.

Ps, always available for a nandos, in a independent or non independent Scotland 👍

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 01, 2014, 01:00:30 AM »

Cool Story Bro.

Where do you live?  Cheesy

Back in scotchland now. 😀

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 01, 2014, 07:46:24 AM »

I won't be registering to vote, for various reasons. My view in it so far tho, as an undecided. The yes campaigners are far more vocal than the no campaigners, almost to the point, where as an undecided, I'd spite vote no.

Can't wait for it all to be over.

I hope you enjoy paying for childcare if it's a no vote Celtic :-)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 01, 2014, 07:47:59 AM »

Cool Story Bro.

Huge +1
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 01, 2014, 07:50:57 AM »

It's not unfair it's absolutely true and you know it is, many Scots don't like the English and vice versa, same with some of he other rivalries you mention.

I don't subscribe to the peace and love all lefty bollocks whatever the country/religion/etc may be, it's a utopia that will never happen, just pointing out facts mate. Let's just be honest rather pretending everything is perfect.  Smiley

Like I say I don't really care anyway, but don't try to pretend otherwise.

Clearly you care otherwise your just trolling.  I will leave that for others to decide.

No I'm just pointing out facts, whether I care is irrelevant really.

LOL.

I bet you voted UKIP as well.  Chapeau.  I shalln't be responding to any more of your trolling.  But keep it up.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 01, 2014, 08:55:25 AM »

For most of my working life I worked for Scottish based businesses and had a lot of Scottish bosses.
I can't imagine any of them voting Yes.
They would have understood the benefits that came from the union between our countries. We are an Island Nation and whilst the UK as a whole has benefitted from the Oil resources, the other parts of the Island have supplied their own resource over the years and have provided space for the diaspora to move into for their individual and collective good.

Yes campaigners seem to think that the only difference between the current situation and an independent Scotland is the mythical 'control of our own destiny', well it seems to me that the EU controls far more of your destiny than Westminster does. Still, if you vote Yes then that won't be so much of a problem for you. Maybe leaving the EU is the best argument for Independence you have.

In fact, maybe you voting Yes will increase the impetus for the rest of us to also leave the EU, or at least drastically renegotiate our position.

Overall I'd say that I'm ambivalent about the outcome of the referendum, the impact on the rest of the country will be far more manageable than the impact on Scotland. It might be an interesting process to watch from not so far South of the border.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 01, 2014, 09:53:26 AM »

It's not unfair it's absolutely true and you know it is, many Scots don't like the English and vice versa, same with some of he other rivalries you mention.

I don't subscribe to the peace and love all lefty bollocks whatever the country/religion/etc may be, it's a utopia that will never happen, just pointing out facts mate. Let's just be honest rather pretending everything is perfect.  Smiley

Like I say I don't really care anyway, but don't try to pretend otherwise.

Clearly you care otherwise your just trolling.  I will leave that for others to decide.

No I'm just pointing out facts, whether I care is irrelevant really.

LOL.

I bet you voted UKIP as well.  Chapeau.  I shalln't be responding to any more of your trolling.  But keep it up.

I didn't vote for anyone actually. I find people people usually label others trolls after they say something they don't like or don't want to hear  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:55:09 AM by Woodsey » Logged
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: September 01, 2014, 10:16:13 AM »

Cool Story Bro.

Hi james  

You're right, it would be crazy to vote either way on that basis, but it's one of a few reasons I won't be registering to vote. Just saying, these guys can be doing more harm than good with their one sided, in your face constantly lobbying.

Ps, always available for a nandos, in a independent or non independent Scotland 👍

Totally agree Vinnie but unfortunately it is only looking like getting worse as passions seem to be rising on both sides.

Good shout on the food front will need to organise a night over in Glasgow soon but lets go somewhere nice though. Thought you would be up to your ears in nappies still but if you can manage a Saturday night give me a shout. think i am ok most of the September but October got a couple of things on.
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 01, 2014, 11:13:15 AM »

Cool Story Bro.

Hi james  

Totally agree Vinnie but unfortunately it is only looking like getting worse as passions seem to be rising on both sides.

Good shout on the food front will need to organise a night over in Glasgow soon but lets go somewhere nice though. Thought you would be up to your ears in nappies still but if you can manage a Saturday night give me a shout. think i am ok most of the September but October got a couple of things on.
In

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 01, 2014, 12:04:58 PM »

I won't be registering to vote, for various reasons. My view in it so far tho, as an undecided. The yes campaigners are far more vocal than the no campaigners, almost to the point, where as an undecided, I'd spite vote no.

Can't wait for it all to be over.

I hope you enjoy paying for childcare if it's a no vote Celtic :-)

Well, I don't think I would enjoy it, but I also don't think it would be unreasonable. I mean, you have a child, knowing it's gonna cost you a few quid over the years, and is probably just a small part of the overall cost. Besides, with anything free that you would get, you probably pay for it elsewhere anyway. Or someone else does. That's normally what happens when governments give you 'free' stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 114 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: