blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:20:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Independence Referendum
Poll
Question: Do you agree that Scotland should be an independent country?
Yes - because it would be better for the Scots
Yes - because the rest of the UK would be better off without the Scots
Don't really know
Don't care
No, the Union is a good thing

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 ... 114 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Independence Referendum  (Read 191237 times)
Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1200 on: September 13, 2014, 09:59:06 AM »

Pretty hard to read the last few pages and suggest that Kmac is not being bullied/trolled himself

I dont agree with most of what he posts but i firmly believe they are his views to which this thread keeps saying everyone is entitled to

Hi Horsey,I understand where you are coming from but I believe  that many Scots would feel they could not leave his comments unchallenged as fact when they represent a viewpoint which is extreme by any standard

That's certainly how I feel. Get particularly antagonised when he makes ridiculous statements like "The UK isn't a country" and then, when challenged, has nothing to justify it.

This is the future of my country and i care about it. Deeply.

Scotland is a country, England is a Country, Ireland is a country, Wales is a country, The UK is not. 

You clearly care about your country when you want to stay under the control of Westminister and had some pipe dream of federalism.  Your probably one of those Lib Dems who got a free education and then thought student fees were a good idea.

Just saying 'the uk is not a country' over and over again, perhaps even believing it, doesn't make it any less false.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: September 13, 2014, 10:07:23 AM »

When the guy posts fake leaflets (So badly hashed up they include a logo not used until 1986!) and gets berated, you say he's being bullied!
OP berates anyone with the mildest question over the "Yes" campaign so if he dishes it out he should be big enough to take it.

Hardly a fake leaflet its a reproduction of Labour Rhetoric from the 1979 referendum. 

So, you are saying the official Labour Party position in 1979 was "Vote NO" to devolution?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: September 13, 2014, 10:13:03 AM »

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB  14s
A £100 indyref  bet on Betfair at current prices produces a profit of
£24 with NO
£280 with YES
With polls so narrow YES is the value bet

Mike is well regarded as the best political judge on twitter (i believe the no supporters have also used him as evidence during this)

He has now updated.

£25 No
£390 Yes
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: September 13, 2014, 10:31:00 AM »

Just read something funny by a Scots mate, I reckon he must be a losing online poker player 

'a yes campaigner friend of mine though predicts a landslide for yes and reckons the polls are rigged'
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: September 13, 2014, 10:50:05 AM »

ha Jessie Rae , his father was my headmaster at primary school. Jessie is still occasionally seen walking round the town with that helmet on , but the claymore got banned as an offensive weapon.

Great stuff, connected to a legend :-) Love the idea of him walking around in that helmet , what is it, 30 years later. Makes me feel good :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: September 13, 2014, 10:52:26 AM »

Pretty hard to read the last few pages and suggest that Kmac is not being bullied/trolled himself

I dont agree with most of what he posts but i firmly believe they are his views to which this thread keeps saying everyone is entitled to

Hi Horsey,I understand where you are coming from but I believe  that many Scots would feel they could not leave his comments unchallenged as fact when they represent a viewpoint which is extreme by any standard

That's certainly how I feel. Get particularly antagonised when he makes ridiculous statements like "The UK isn't a country" and then, when challenged, has nothing to justify it.

Scotland is a country, England is a Country, Ireland is a country, Wales is a country, The UK is not. 

You clearly care about your country when you want to stay under the control of Westminister and had some pipe dream of federalism.  Your probably one of those Lib Dems who got a free education and then thought student fees were a good idea.

Just saying 'the uk is not a country' over and over again, perhaps even believing it, doesn't make it any less false.

This question's been doing my head in - is there a definitive answer. Was the old USSR a country ?

sola virtus nobilitat
Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1206 on: September 13, 2014, 11:06:45 AM »

This question's been doing my head in - is there a definitive answer. Was the old USSR a country ?

I'm the same. It seems to me, and all dictionaries, blindingly obvious that the UK is a country. Kmac has reached a polar opposite position and I'm intrigued as to how, or indeed why.

That doesn't affect the fact that Scotland and England are also countries, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

So yes, the USSR was a country. Albeit a country made up of smaller countries.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: September 13, 2014, 11:20:28 AM »

I'm the same. It seems to me, and all dictionaries, blindingly obvious that the UK is a country. Kmac has reached a polar opposite position and I'm intrigued as to how, or indeed why.

That doesn't affect the fact that Scotland and England are also countries, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

So when we go to the Olympic games as GB are we not a country then? 
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: September 13, 2014, 11:34:20 AM »

GB is part of the country that is the united kingdom

Also to somerled's point regarding mutual exclusivity

It would look like by all accepted definitions Uk is a country and so are England, Scotland etc

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: September 13, 2014, 02:27:35 PM »

So when we go to the Olympic games as GB are we not a country then? 

Well the olympic team is the UK including Northern Ireland and also some crone dependencies and most of the British overseas territories.   So if you are from Pitcairn you can be in Team GB, but not if you are from Bermuda. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: September 13, 2014, 10:30:41 PM »

Despite the state sponsored propoganda and the disgusting attacks on the SNP leadership by the establishments media rottweilers its been a fantastic day for Yes today.   30,000 people took to the streets of Glasgow in support of independence and there were thousands out in Dundee, Lanarkshire and futher afield. 

Every bit of black propoganda has been thrown at us and still the polls have it within margn of error. 

Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1211 on: September 13, 2014, 10:34:05 PM »

Despite the state sponsored propoganda and the disgusting attacks on the SNP leadership by the establishments media rottweilers its been a fantastic day for Yes today.   30,000 people took to the streets of Glasgow in support of independence and there were thousands out in Dundee, Lanarkshire and futher afield. 

Every bit of black propoganda has been thrown at us and still the polls have it within margn of error. 

All these wondrous tidings and yet still no explanation as to why the UK isn't a country.

Or how all these people will react when they realise they've been lied to. Hmmmm.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: September 13, 2014, 10:40:21 PM »

All these wondrous tidings and yet still no explanation as to why the UK isn't a country.

Or how all these people will react when they realise they've been lied to. Hmmmm.

STFU!

The UK may be considered a country by some but you know as well as me why it's not. 

And where are these lies?  I hope you enjoy a prosperous new Scotland or if you prefer I can send you a removal van as well come Friday. 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: September 13, 2014, 10:47:22 PM »

What do your oppos think about you going on the piss all afternoon, while they're knocking doors, Mac?

Smiley

Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1214 on: September 13, 2014, 10:48:48 PM »

STFU!

The UK may be considered a country by some but you know as well as me why it's not. 

And where are these lies?  I hope you enjoy a prosperous new Scotland or if you prefer I can send you a removal van as well come Friday. 

Kmac genuinely I have no idea what you mean - and neither do any of the Yessers in the Highlands. Either we are all stupid, or you're mistaken. The UK is a country, to say otherwise is either wilful blindness or gross stupidity.

No need for a removal van thanks. But the offer is noted. Classy as always.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 ... 114 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: