blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:33:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1016234 times)
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4875 on: June 17, 2017, 01:35:12 PM »

Things look really competitive today at both York and Mussy.  I've threw a few darts at some though. 

I really liked Donny Belle in the opener at Mussy, I know Bryan Smart has recently got the all clear for Equine Herpies from a yard next door but just couldn't see Palmer winning this race. 

Donny Belle form was given a boost yesterday when Tulip Fever won the opener at York.  I took 3/1 which is dwarfed now by the 11/2 thankfully I still have BOG. 

My other bets are:

York 17:15 My Dad Syd      
York 15:30 Kodiline                  
York 14:20 Gurkha Friend            
Musselburgh 14:05 Paddy Power

E/w Lucky 15 and a very speculative e/w acca.

Musselburgh 14:35 Khamaary         
York 13:50 Charismatic Man                  
York 14:55 Thikriyaat

£25 patent

York 16:40   Arbalet                  
Bath 14:25   Subjective                  
Bath 15:00   Awesome

£100 treble.

(Also got the above with Donny Belle in a 4 fold/ Lucky 15

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: June 17, 2017, 02:44:07 PM »

Great start.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: June 17, 2017, 02:58:29 PM »

How the hell does this buffoon get to commentate at the day's feature meeting?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: June 17, 2017, 02:59:32 PM »

ho ho HO!
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: June 17, 2017, 03:07:57 PM »

MCYeeHaa?

I like him, there is far too much pretentiousness about Racing and it's no wonder it's dying on its arse.  Needs more controversial figures like Chapman.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: June 17, 2017, 03:09:15 PM »

Really liked Desert Law in the Sprint Cup but I think it's going to find it difficult to get involved from the 3 box. 
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: June 17, 2017, 04:02:53 PM »

MCYeeHaa?

I like him, there is far too much pretentiousness about Racing and it's no wonder it's dying on its arse.  Needs more controversial figures like Chapman.

Tomm-ho-ho-ho, not Chapman.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: June 17, 2017, 04:49:44 PM »

MCYeeHaa?

Tomm-ho-ho-ho, not Chapman.

Yeah, he's terrible.  I end up muting him.

Couple o f races back he came out with if you have backed the inner you have backed a winner.  And those 3 are well clear gives you the firs 2 and then says its tight for 3rd.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: June 18, 2017, 01:17:08 AM »

Chapman as bad if not worse than hohoho

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: June 20, 2017, 02:17:42 PM »

Stalls down the centre at Thirsk I understand, but have the jockeys been instructed to stay there?

Fast ground, so the stands' rail will always be quicker.

Looks like the powers that be have turned another draw course into a Newbury/Haydock.

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: June 20, 2017, 02:37:34 PM »

Stalls down the centre at Thirsk I understand, but have the jockeys been instructed to stay there?

Fast ground, so the stands' rail will always be quicker.

Looks like the powers that be have turned another draw course into a Newbury/Haydock.

Caught out by it as went with a high draw.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: June 25, 2017, 02:19:15 PM »

Is there any significance of Ryan Moore turning up at Pontefract this afternoon for 3 rides following Royal Ascot? 

Looks like a full week at home for Ryan next week with engagements at Windsor on Monday, Salisbury/Kempton on Wedneday and then it's Newmarket on Thursday before Doncaster on the Friday. 

Looking at the races he has today, Stoute's normally improve for their first run, I don't recall him having too many 2 year olds this season.  IfI am honest their first time out 2 year olds unless there is significant market support I normally just run the red pen through.  So I'd be happy to oppose the favourite procedure, the easiest thing to do would be to bet the Johnston horse as its likely to improve from the first run but something I have been doing lately is siding with the apprentices with a 5 or 7 pound claim in sprint races and its been fairly successful so I'll have a small bit e/w on the Hollinshead/Lee combo Madame Jo Jo at 33/1.  Will also try and get a bit of the place action on Betfair if it's appealing.

Abingdon looks the most solid of his 3 rides today and is hard to oppose in the 3:30.  The Haggas horse could be anything though, Hagas is a trainer I like to follow when he has one that starts to run up a sequence.  He's moved this one up fairly quickly from an ordinary handicap at Newbury where the form doesn't stand up to much scrutiny into listed class, however having been given 64 days  after 3 races in 3 months I think this could be capable of improving a fair bit, probably backing Abingdon to win and might have a few bob on the forecast. 

At the weight Aristocratic (4:30) has a lot to do to win this won, I'm not massively keen on taking handicappers in flat races carring 10st.  In a 5 runner field this could easily turn into a tactical battle as well.  Pattie ran in listed company last time finishing 6th of 8 and the drop in trip could prove her undoing. 

I'm going to be fairly boring and say Abingdon is his best ride out the 3.  in the 4:30 I'm going to take on the fav with Rinaria. 

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: June 25, 2017, 02:39:51 PM »

Lolz, I did start writing this ages ago and just for got to hit post.  Even although I posted 19 minutes after the first race I did bet the wrong horse although called the race right.  Almost.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: June 28, 2017, 11:22:57 AM »

Going to have a trot down to Worcester today and tick another course off the list.  Anyone fancy anything?
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: June 28, 2017, 01:40:02 PM »

Going to have a trot down to Worcester today and tick another course off the list.  Anyone fancy anything?

Fields of 7 or less means focus on Win only, I think. Nichols doesn't send shed loads to WOR, but those he does send strike 1/3 of the time. I like both of his in the first two - 2:20 Black Corton Eves 2:50 Rebel Rebellion 6/1 (Miss Frost won yesterday for Nicholls in a tricky race, and this one has dropped down the weights and the drop in trip should also suit)

In the 4:20 I'd go for Gustave Mahler (the market has already spoken) since it seems the Skeltons have gone off the boil just recently

Good luck!
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: