blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:52:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 326 327 328 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1022403 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4845 on: June 12, 2017, 07:04:51 PM »

dreaded 11 runners now adz!  Even worse.  Gl son.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: June 12, 2017, 07:20:51 PM »

Teak backed into 11/2, and after getting trapped behind horses round the final bend stayed on well for.......4th.

Bollinski lost what he was beaten at the start, and Riptide was just plain poor.

All could have done with a stronger pace, and we done our money.

Next!! Wink

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: June 13, 2017, 08:41:27 AM »

Don't think I have ever put up a two year old or a horse at such a short price, but I was so impressed by Initiative debut at Newmarket, I promised to back it next time out.

In the 2.00 at Salisbury it is available at 6-4, which could look amazing value at 2.10.

In its debut it missed the break, pulled like a train for two furlongs, switched about 5 times and still flew up the hill to finish a close second in a well strung out field.

If it has learnt anything from that, and we dont have a superstar amongst the newcomers, this should win easily.......should! Cheesy

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: June 13, 2017, 01:31:03 PM »

James Bowen , ( son of Trainer Peter ) broke the record for most point to point wins in a season for a novice this year. He had a fantastic record of 30 wins in 55 rides  Smiley apparently next season he will be a conditional for Nicky Henderson, interesting to see how he gets on.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: June 13, 2017, 02:02:45 PM »

Don't think I have ever put up a two year old or a horse at such a short price, but I was so impressed by Initiative debut at Newmarket, I promised to back it next time out.

In the 2.00 at Salisbury it is available at 6-4, which could look amazing value at 2.10.

In its debut it missed the break, pulled like a train for two furlongs, switched about 5 times and still flew up the hill to finish a close second in a well strung out field.

If it has learnt anything from that, and we dont have a superstar amongst the newcomers, this should win easily.......should! Cheesy

Good stuff Adz.  Cheers

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: June 13, 2017, 02:03:43 PM »

Another nice one! Thanks Adz.

Number 6 worth watching in the future seemed to be flying at the end but just timed it wrong?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: June 13, 2017, 02:05:42 PM »

Still green as grass, as it looked clueless, but won easy enough despite this. Puts us back on track, landing a little touch at 6/5.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: June 13, 2017, 09:47:09 PM »

Was looking at Twin Point in the last at Kempton, but on a dreadful pre Ascot type days racing, I am having a small ew bet on Honeysuckle Lil at Hamilton in the 7.25.

Lil has been crawling down the weights, because of her consistency, but I quite like the drop to 5 furlongs at Hamilton, with a few speedballs likely to create a nice pace up front, it could be left for Lil to pick up the pieces as her stamina kicks in.

Can't say I am over confident as her paper form over 5F isn't great, but her last few runs suggest to me it is worth trying again.

11-2 with Padraig, but generally 5-1 seems fair, and I would be surprised to see her drift.

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: June 14, 2017, 03:00:32 PM »

Was looking at Twin Point in the last at Kempton, but on a dreadful pre Ascot type days racing, I am having a small ew bet on Honeysuckle Lil at Hamilton in the 7.25.

Lil has been crawling down the weights, because of her consistency, but I quite like the drop to 5 furlongs at Hamilton, with a few speedballs likely to create a nice pace up front, it could be left for Lil to pick up the pieces as her stamina kicks in.

Can't say I am over confident as her paper form over 5F isn't great, but her last few runs suggest to me it is worth trying again.

11-2 with Padraig, but generally 5-1 seems fair, and I would be surprised to see her drift.

Pretty dry day up here yesterday both in Glasgow and Hamilton sun has been out most of today with a bit of cloud so the ground likely to be quick as there's been a breeze as well if this comes into your thinking.  I know there used to be a bias when it was wet but apparently that has been sorted out??
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: June 14, 2017, 07:13:18 PM »

Wasnt too worried about the ground. I felt some of the middle pace she had been showing was worth a try at 5f.

Been backed into 3-1, so maybe someone else thinks so too!

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: June 14, 2017, 07:30:10 PM »

2nd, no damage done, and race run as hoped, bar the progressive winner.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: June 14, 2017, 09:26:47 PM »

Twin Point also narrowly beaten into second. Frustrating.

Another tricky day tomorrow and I am looking to take on a shortie in the 4.50 at Newbury.

Brimham Rocks was very impressive last time out dotting up at Haydock. Now penalised, and on different ground,  I like the ew claims of Star Maker of Sly Kirk, who has been a little unlucky last couple of efforts. Newbury is a tough place to get unlucky at(famous last words), but at 10-1 I think we have a nice opportunity. GL

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: June 15, 2017, 01:40:35 PM »

War Whisper notts 3.20 seems ok @ 9-1 ew with Shy for those that can get on.  Good run over 6 at ascot two runs ago and back at that today.  Still a colt at 4, which seems to indicate that connections can see some promise that perhaps hasn't yet materialised on the course?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: June 15, 2017, 02:12:35 PM »

Anyone like anything at Uttox tonight?  Doesn't look the easiest of cards.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: June 15, 2017, 03:08:31 PM »

Uttoxeter card looks as nasty as you can get from a betting perspective.
NOT AT ALL for the untouchables in 6.55 prob wont be winning today but looks one to keep an eye on for the future,
beer tent would be my tip Cheesy

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 326 327 328 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: