blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:38:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 327 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1022510 times)
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4830 on: June 08, 2017, 03:46:36 PM »

nice price too....

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: June 08, 2017, 03:51:44 PM »

Happy to contribute today, been on a heater of late. 

In the 3:30 at Ripon, I am against the favourite.  It looked a promising type on debut but that form is hardly inspiring.  Still he routed them that day.  On reappearance he misbehaved and decided not to enter the stall that has to be a negative still and the lack of a recent run I would doubt he is fully tuned. 

With the above in mind I ended up with 2 horses I wanted to have on my side, and I've backed both e/w (just in case the fav is decent).

Gurkha Friend seems to love it around here, the drop down in trip shouldn't inconvenience him too much and he should be fine with the ground. 
Roller is with an operation who do well around here and the trainer and jockey combo is one I like.  Evans claim has been well looked after.  No issues with the ground.

Sadly they are 2nd and 3rd in the betting but happy with a win and a place, had a few quid on the reverse as well.

VUL PB not to get the win there.  Just a friendly word of advice.  Never back ew in 11 runner hcaps at 1/5 1,2,3 place terms.  11 runner hcaps are literally the nut worse race to ever bet ew in.  You are literally always doing your bollocks win, lose or draw long term before the race starts.  If you want to back win and place go on the betfair exchange and the place price you get will be substantially bigger.  Roller was nearly 6/4 to place (before the rule 4 deduction) when he was 9/2 on the betting show and 9/10 to place effectively for example.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: June 08, 2017, 03:52:48 PM »

Thanks Arb.  Noted. 
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: June 08, 2017, 03:59:50 PM »

nice price too....

Stick him in your notebook for the Great St Wilfred at Ripon, I reckon.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: June 08, 2017, 04:23:04 PM »

4:30 Ripon - I can't get away from the Fav he had 2 future winners behind him on debut, I think he should be ok on the ground. 

The stout horse is dropping 2 furlong after leading for the majority of race last time out only to tire late on and drop to 12th.  Clearly the danger.  don't think too much of Bob Maxwell think that finishes behind Anif who is sure to improve for debut. 
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: June 08, 2017, 08:17:14 PM »

Try and finish the working week with a winner.

Saw Exotic Guest run at Catterick last week, and had all the hallmarks of a typical Ruth Carr horse about to strike winning form.

It's a couple of pounds below its last winning mark, and as long as it gets a trouble free run should relish the uphill finish at Carlisle in the 2.40.

17-2 with Hills, and I just hope we keep the dead 8. GL

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: June 09, 2017, 02:43:59 PM »

Try and finish the working week with a winner.

Saw Exotic Guest run at Catterick last week, and had all the hallmarks of a typical Ruth Carr horse about to strike winning form.

It's a couple of pounds below its last winning mark, and as long as it gets a trouble free run should relish the uphill finish at Carlisle in the 2.40.

17-2 with Hills, and I just hope we keep the dead 8. GL

Nice one Adz

Shame I only had the change in my account on it

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
engy

View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: June 09, 2017, 03:12:42 PM »

Missed this but nice 8/1 shot adz
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: June 09, 2017, 03:19:19 PM »

Good stuff.

Knew we would get there in the end.....we always do Wink

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: June 09, 2017, 04:45:04 PM »

Well done mate.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: June 09, 2017, 04:59:21 PM »

Nice one Adz & thanks: 7 runners didn't hurt, in the end 
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: June 09, 2017, 05:27:26 PM »

Thank you Adz
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: June 09, 2017, 05:41:18 PM »

Well done today Adz and well done on getting the thread going again. Backed all the others but missed out today, fml! We've had some great touches over the years, I'll start contributing again when I can.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: June 12, 2017, 08:53:47 AM »

Morning.

I'm not travelling again this week, so lets try and keep thing rolling.

I love these 2m plus handicaps at Pontefract 7.10,where the form lines always tie in so well, as its the same old boys time and again.

Last time out Frederic comfortably beat Teak at Carlisle.

However, he has a massive turnaround at the weights with Teak, and Teak travelled very well in that race until Frederic kicked on. A sub standard run on the AW in between has thrown people of the Teak scent, but I am prepared to overlook it and think he rates a knocking ew bet at 11-1.

As Riptide is back at Ponte and this is worth a few extra pounds. Will be having a little ew on him too at 20-1.

Yes, arbboy will be on telling me what a dreadful, clueless punter I am for backing ew in a 13 runner race, but hey ho.

Finally I will chuck a few quid win only on Rock on Bollinski, who looks a right monkey at times, but if Ellison decides today is the day the 40-1 is crazy.

Rarely back more than two in races outside the big festivals, but at these prices(and it may well backfire), I couldnt resist. GL

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: June 12, 2017, 03:52:10 PM »

Morning.

I'm not travelling again this week, so lets try and keep thing rolling.

I love these 2m plus handicaps at Pontefract 7.10,where the form lines always tie in so well, as its the same old boys time and again.

Last time out Frederic comfortably beat Teak at Carlisle.

However, he has a massive turnaround at the weights with Teak, and Teak travelled very well in that race until Frederic kicked on. A sub standard run on the AW in between has thrown people of the Teak scent, but I am prepared to overlook it and think he rates a knocking ew bet at 11-1.

As Riptide is back at Ponte and this is worth a few extra pounds. Will be having a little ew on him too at 20-1.

Yes, arbboy will be on telling me what a dreadful, clueless punter I am for backing ew in a 13 runner race, but hey ho.

Finally I will chuck a few quid win only on Rock on Bollinski, who looks a right monkey at times, but if Ellison decides today is the day the 40-1 is crazy.

Rarely back more than two in races outside the big festivals, but at these prices(and it may well backfire), I couldnt resist. GL

I'm in!

A client of mine is friends with the owner of Gworn he text me earlier to say it was worth a small e/w bet but they thought the 4lb increase might be a bit much.  It proved to be the case today, I missed the race but seen the result so not sure if it got nabbed close home.  I never managed a bet as I've been chasing my tail after a few days off.  Would have been irked had it won. 
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 327 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: