blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:05:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 329 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1021047 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4860 on: June 15, 2017, 03:12:21 PM »

Uttoxeter card looks as nasty as you can get from a betting perspective.
NOT AT ALL for the untouchables in 6.55 prob wont be winning today but looks one to keep an eye on for the future,
beer tent would be my tip Cheesy

There will be a lot of birds out in the sun tonight with nothing on.  Sara Cox is 'ing after racing i think. 
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: June 15, 2017, 03:13:46 PM »

Pipe horse in the first at a big price might find improvement in first handicap, but guesswork really.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: June 15, 2017, 03:22:44 PM »

Paddy Brennan making the long drive from Fontwell after the 220pm race to get to Uttox for 2 rides including the first at 555pm. He rides for the Rooney's in the 625pm as well. That is a fair old drive to do around rush hour.  Google maps says its 203 miles and 4 hours!  Surely he isn't flying it in a chopper for a £2500 to the winner class 5 race at Uttox.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 03:25:14 PM by arbboy » Logged
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: June 15, 2017, 03:25:50 PM »

Icanmotor is on a career high mark by a long way too. The other one not ran for 400 odd days, both short too.....tricky

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: June 15, 2017, 07:32:37 PM »

Twin Point also narrowly beaten into second. Frustrating.

Another tricky day tomorrow and I am looking to take on a shortie in the 4.50 at Newbury.

Brimham Rocks was very impressive last time out dotting up at Haydock. Now penalised, and on different ground,  I like the ew claims of Star Maker of Sly Kirk, who has been a little unlucky last couple of efforts. Newbury is a tough place to get unlucky at(famous last words), but at 10-1 I think we have a nice opportunity. GL

Rubbish today.

Was rather annoying as was tanking into the straight and then lost the plot as the leader slowed it down.

Glad to see the thread has some legs again, and hopefully more will post again now. GL

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: June 15, 2017, 09:21:18 PM »

Paddy Brennan making the long drive from Fontwell after the 220pm race to get to Uttox for 2 rides including the first at 555pm. He rides for the Rooney's in the 625pm as well. That is a fair old drive to do around rush hour.  Google maps says its 203 miles and 4 hours!  Surely he isn't flying it in a chopper for a £2500 to the winner class 5 race at Uttox.

Made the helicopter worthwhile Paddy did.  Absolutely shit up on the better ride of the two. 
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: June 16, 2017, 09:04:47 AM »

At York today, in the relatively new parade ring restaurant.

Anything you guys fancy?

Need a few winners to cover the cost of tickets in there!!!  Cheesy
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: June 16, 2017, 09:23:57 AM »

Anything you guys fancy?

Trip report once you've returned please Rick.

Was tempted to book this restaurant for later in the season.

Will PM you if I have any bets at York today.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: June 16, 2017, 10:52:47 AM »

Anything you guys fancy?

I looked through the card during the night and I thought it was really tough.

Race 1 - I'm most likely going to be playing with the fav should mprove from 1st to 2nd run it wasn't given a tough time on debut, form from 1st race isn't too strong.  But on paper looks a decent type.  Any market support for Rumshak would be interesting for me as trainer and jockey combo been on a bit of a heater or at least feels like it over last couple of weeks.

Race 2 - Is this one of these don't back e/w races Arb talks about.  I'd be tempted to have 2 darts e/w as I don't trust the favourite.  But sure that is bad from a betting angle. Burguillos and Rainbow Rebel are the 2 I like. 

Race 3 - Meh, Just didn't like  it.  On paper Our Little Pony looked the bet but the form doesn't scream out as strong.

Race 4 - I really liked Sun Lover, unexposed has potential to improve and very good jockey/trainer combo.  I'm sure this is the sort of race Channing or Camel will have a long shot in that I have totally missed.

Race 5 - Southern Belle is one I have had in my tracker since debut mostly because I am too lazy to remove but it remains one with potential and the trainer excells in sprints.  I also liked Queen in Waiting but I'm not convinced it full gets 6f. 

Race 6 - My eye was drawn to the fact Mulrennan was on Belabour instead of Tranpennine Star.  Big price as well.

Race 7 - Apprentice races I tend to go with the jockey that impresses me and Adam McNammara gets the tick here on the fav. 
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: June 16, 2017, 12:39:44 PM »

One day Ballymore Castle will get a clear passage, maybe today in the 3.30.

For similar reasons I like Peterhouse in the last with Clifford Lee on top.

And for a real bansai, there has been a lot of flappy arms on whip waving on Stipulate for a few runs now. There has been a bit of money for it in the 2.20, and the shrewd Mr Ellison could be letting him finally have a race!!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: June 16, 2017, 04:18:35 PM »

SDS on a tear up at Sandown.  Bookies running for cover with his mount in the next. 

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: June 16, 2017, 11:02:46 PM »

Thanks to Camel, Pokerbroker and Adz for the replies about York.

Just crawled in. Cracking day, promise I'll post about it when I'm sober.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: June 17, 2017, 12:27:33 AM »

I'd an ok day at York.  5/6 in the place pot obvs let down in 6th race had 2 picks as well.

Made a small profit, couple of near misses could have made it a very good day..
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: June 17, 2017, 10:39:58 AM »

Lovely day yesterday. I go to York 3-4 times a year and think it is probably the best track in the country, especially if you go with your other half.

The Parade Ring Restaurant is expensive but is a great way to enjoy a day at the races as a treat.

The staff there are excellent. Craig the manager gave us owners and trainers badges and arranged for us to have a look downstairs. The facilities at York are now really top notch, the jockey's are really well looked after. Had a good look around the jockey's area, four or five were in the sauna now built into the changing area. If you do go, try to get talking to Craig, nice guy and super helpful.

Malcolm that runs the facilities downstairs was really helpful, gave us a look around the pre parade ring and we saw the horses cooling down after the third race. The new facilities include cool down fans for the horses too. You can tell the staff there just love racing and horses. My wife loved seeing the horses close up.

The package gives you a three course lunch and afternoon tea. Good quality food and they will let you take your time. The balcony there gives you a great view of the course.

It wouldn't be something to do regularly but as I've said, as a treat its well worth it.

Had e/w returns from Classic Seniority and Burguillos. Winners with Tulip Fever, Eartha Kitt and Opposition. Two straight forecasts in too. So overall a profitable day.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: June 17, 2017, 10:54:07 AM »

Lovely day yesterday. I go to York 3-4 times a year and think it is probably the best track in the country, especially if you go with your other half.

The Parade Ring Restaurant is expensive but is a great way to enjoy a day at the races as a treat.

The staff there are excellent. Craig the manager gave us owners and trainers badges and arranged for us to have a look downstairs. The facilities at York are now really top notch, the jockey's are really well looked after. Had a good look around the jockey's area, four or five were in the sauna now built into the changing area. If you do go, try to get talking to Craig, nice guy and super helpful.

Malcolm that runs the facilities downstairs was really helpful, gave us a look around the pre parade ring and we saw the horses cooling down after the third race. The new facilities include cool down fans for the horses too. You can tell the staff there just love racing and horses. My wife loved seeing the horses close up.

The package gives you a three course lunch and afternoon tea. Good quality food and they will let you take your time. The balcony there gives you a great view of the course.

It wouldn't be something to do regularly but as I've said, as a treat its well worth it.

Had e/w returns from Classic Seniority and Burguillos. Winners with Tulip Fever, Eartha Kitt and Opposition. Two straight forecasts in too. So overall a profitable day.

That sounds like a perfect day. I'm taking my girlfriend to Ascot on Thursday, I'd settle for 30% of how golden it sounds like you were yesterday.
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 329 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: