blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:24:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1022505 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4815 on: May 30, 2017, 10:05:03 AM »

Family improve a lot with age and half-brother Cool Judgement won over 1m1f as a 2yo, so you'd expect he'll want more of a test. Drifted to 40-1+ too, so obviously not expecvted.

Just glad Leicester have followed Ascot's lead and moved to the ONLY racing channel. Did I hear Stratford were shifting too?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: June 04, 2017, 06:08:32 PM »

Liking Flyboy in the 5.25 at Leicester tomorrow. 13/2

First run up for Fahey from O'Meara was a real eyecatcher for me, and the extra furlong should help.

He doesn't look the most resolute, and needs kidding along, but if Fahey has learnt anything from the first run, at 4 pounds lower than his last win, he could capitalise on the recent move.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: June 04, 2017, 07:19:10 PM »

Sad to hear of the passing of Dandy Nicholls yesterday. I had been unaware of the allegations he faced. All very sad.

I shall remember him as a fine trainer of sprinters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/40150858

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: June 04, 2017, 07:41:17 PM »

Sad to hear of the passing of Dandy Nicholls yesterday. I had been unaware of the allegations he faced. All very sad.

I shall remember him as a fine trainer of sprinters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/40150858

Ditto this. Was only looking him up yesterday after Sovereign Debt won again, who was previously in Dandys' care.

A real loss to the ranks. RIP

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: June 05, 2017, 10:05:57 AM »

First run up for Fahey from O'Meara was a real eyecatcher for me, and the extra furlong should help.

He doesn't look the most resolute, and needs kidding along, but if Fahey has learnt anything from the first run, at 4 pounds lower than his last win, he could capitalise on the recent move.

Into 3-1 generally. almost worth laying back and taking the profit. 

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: June 05, 2017, 05:54:47 PM »

Into 3-1 generally. almost worth laying back and taking the profit. 

Great tip mate. I thought we were getting there.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: June 05, 2017, 10:16:31 PM »

While its quiet, lets have another stab for the thread.

I hate backing horses over 12 stone over jumps and 10 stone on the flat. I also hate backing at Chepstow. However in the  I do like the look of Munfallet in the 3.30.

It is a proven winner, over C&D, and comes fresh from a race at Thirsk that looks very solid indeed, with the winner Naggers running well again and My Name is Rio, coming second, who was behind Munfallet.

Not my usual price at 4-1, but looks easily the best horse in this race if it runs a similar race.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: June 06, 2017, 03:47:20 PM »

While its quiet, lets have another stab for the thread.

I hate backing horses over 12 stone over jumps and 10 stone on the flat. I also hate backing at Chepstow. However in the  I do like the look of Munfallet in the 3.30.

It is a proven winner, over C&D, and comes fresh from a race at Thirsk that looks very solid indeed, with the winner Naggers running well again and My Name is Rio, coming second, who was behind Munfallet.

Not my usual price at 4-1, but looks easily the best horse in this race if it runs a similar race.

Weight told, and of course, like all horses you lump on ew, it came 4th.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: June 06, 2017, 09:41:46 PM »

Keep it bubbling along.

Tomorrow I shall be backing Gerry the Glover 4.10 Hamilton 5-1 ew Laddies. Keeps dropping in the weights, and a fast finishing 3rd LTO. Was a promising sort a while back, without stepping up after some promising runs on soft.

Looked to finally be getting back in the grove, and Ellisons horses looked a bit more perky the last week or so.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: June 08, 2017, 01:02:19 PM »

Non runner yesterday,so try, try again.

Zamadance in the 2.10 Haydock, has caught my eye the last couple of times, pulling quite hard early, but still running on at the end.

I am hoping the drop in class and the soft ground, which his pedigree suggests he will handle, help him to settle better early doors.

Looks rather tasty at 20-1 for a speculative ew small flutter. If not today, keep your eye on him.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: June 08, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »

Favourite far too good for them, and as ever, on here, it seems, my good ew thing finishes 4th. Roll Eyes

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: June 08, 2017, 03:13:40 PM »

Dont know whats worse, 2nd when you bet win, or 4th when e/w Angry

What do you think of Rantan in 3.40, looks a weaker race than some of recent runs with not too much in form in race, Art collection up in weights since wins, main man on board soft ground.....5/2 tho....

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: June 08, 2017, 03:26:06 PM »

Happy to contribute today, been on a heater of late. 

In the 3:30 at Ripon, I am against the favourite.  It looked a promising type on debut but that form is hardly inspiring.  Still he routed them that day.  On reappearance he misbehaved and decided not to enter the stall that has to be a negative still and the lack of a recent run I would doubt he is fully tuned. 

With the above in mind I ended up with 2 horses I wanted to have on my side, and I've backed both e/w (just in case the fav is decent).

Gurkha Friend seems to love it around here, the drop down in trip shouldn't inconvenience him too much and he should be fine with the ground. 
Roller is with an operation who do well around here and the trainer and jockey combo is one I like.  Evans claim has been well looked after.  No issues with the ground.

Sadly they are 2nd and 3rd in the betting but happy with a win and a place, had a few quid on the reverse as well.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: June 08, 2017, 03:30:17 PM »

What do you think of Rantan in 3.40, looks a weaker race than some of recent runs with not too much in form in race, Art collection up in weights since wins, main man on board soft ground.....5/2 tho....

Tough race.

Needless to say I follow Adams Ale, and first time for Marjorie could be the time. Signor been knocking on the door, and Rantan could well win, but as you say hes short.

With just 7 I have decided to leave it. GL

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: June 08, 2017, 03:43:40 PM »

Tough race.

Needless to say I follow Adams Ale, and first time for Marjorie could be the time. Signor been knocking on the door, and Rantan could well win, but as you say hes short.

With just 7 I have decided to leave it. GL

Wow. How well did the Ale travel. She has sure done some good work with the old boy.

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: