blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:56:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1021491 times)
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4920 on: July 30, 2017, 10:49:50 PM »

Goodwood Cup on Tuesday seems to have been priced as Big Orange dead cert @ Evens.

Looking to take him on with an improver (won Group 2 race last time out) getting 13lbs weight in Stadivarius, and shouldn't mind the extra 2 furlongs.

Only potential negative is that ground softer than good may not be ideal.

Only 1/5 1-3, but 14-1 widely available looks decent.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: July 31, 2017, 12:43:10 PM »

Our old mate from the TFT thread Dream Castle runs in the Lennox tomorrow.

We keep waiting for him to be dropped back to sprint distances, but personally I think he may just need a bit of cut.

His debut race, admittedly, against trees, was with some cut and he looked good, straight and true.

His race that caught our eye vs Barney Roy,was on firmish and he drifted when under pressure.

Then in the Guineas, he was one of the faster finishers, as they hit the rising ground(often a sign that hints at a better soft ground performer), which was over a mile.

In the Jersey he ran a strange race, pulling too hard for 5 furlongs, with no cover, but still having enough in the tank to finish 5th, but looking like perhaps the drop in trip would suit!!

A head scratcher indeed.

I like the look of him tomorrow in the Lennox stakes over an easy 7f with cut in the ground. Laddies went 14s for an hour or so earlier, but the general 12-1 against the older brigade looks worth a final throw of the dice to me.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: August 01, 2017, 08:24:42 AM »

Goodwood Cup on Tuesday seems to have been priced as Big Orange dead cert @ Evens.

Looking to take him on with an improver (won Group 2 race last time out) getting 13lbs weight in Stadivarius, and shouldn't mind the extra 2 furlongs.

Only potential negative is that ground softer than good may not be ideal.

Only 1/5 1-3, but 14-1 widely available looks decent.

Nice bet.

I have backed Qewy myself at 29.

Of note is the feeble place market on betfair.  Qewy now 4.6/5.5 and you can get a whole £18 at 4.6.  It is a group 1 at Glorious Goodwood and not some tinpot race at Yarmouth.  Win only it is then.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: August 01, 2017, 09:47:49 AM »

So easy to get drawn in to Goodwood but it's always a nightmare, especially when the ground has been changing everywhere during the weeks leading up to it.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: August 01, 2017, 10:09:23 AM »

So easy to get drawn in to Goodwood but it's always a nightmare, especially when the ground has been changing everywhere during the weeks leading up to it.

First race is already down to 16, with uncertain ground there is little hope of quarter first 4.  Might have a look closer the race.

Seamus can't have watered, but you never know.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: August 01, 2017, 12:51:36 PM »

Our old mate from the TFT thread Dream Castle runs in the Lennox tomorrow.

We keep waiting for him to be dropped back to sprint distances, but personally I think he may just need a bit of cut.

His debut race, admittedly, against trees, was with some cut and he looked good, straight and true.

His race that caught our eye vs Barney Roy,was on firmish and he drifted when under pressure.

Then in the Guineas, he was one of the faster finishers, as they hit the rising ground(often a sign that hints at a better soft ground performer), which was over a mile.

In the Jersey he ran a strange race, pulling too hard for 5 furlongs, with no cover, but still having enough in the tank to finish 5th, but looking like perhaps the drop in trip would suit!!

A head scratcher indeed.

I like the look of him tomorrow in the Lennox stakes over an easy 7f with cut in the ground. Laddies went 14s for an hour or so earlier, but the general 12-1 against the older brigade looks worth a final throw of the dice to me.

Now 7/1 best Adz. 

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: August 01, 2017, 01:37:41 PM »

I've been told Librisa Breeze is fit and ready in the third so could be worth an interest EW @13-2

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/goodwood/15:00/winner
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: August 01, 2017, 02:48:52 PM »

I've been told Librisa Breeze is fit and ready in the third so could be worth an interest EW @13-2

Backed that a couple weeks ago, and had a saver on Adz's yesterday.

Was hoping Limato would go to France, but we'll have to do it the hardy way Smiley

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: August 01, 2017, 02:57:20 PM »

been looking and looking at this race but seems very tricky to me , not having a bet bet do like Home of the brave, esp with the draw , done nothing wrong lately.
Good luck with your bets.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: August 01, 2017, 03:08:21 PM »

blocked 3 times  , wouldn't of caught the winner but one to  look out for next time
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: August 01, 2017, 03:10:05 PM »

Spot on Chompy. You can't Fabricate a Breton Rock.  Sad
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: August 01, 2017, 03:10:51 PM »

anybody  else  thinking Big Orange is very short in the next  ?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: August 01, 2017, 03:11:05 PM »

blocked 3 times  , wouldn't of caught the winner but one to  look out for next time

Backed Aclaim.  Dare say a few others were unlucky too.  Goodwood innit.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: August 01, 2017, 03:20:27 PM »

I think it was and I am on Higher Power and Qewy, but Big Orange has drifted a fair bit now.  Not sure I'd be happy laying at 2.36/2.38. 

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: August 01, 2017, 03:20:49 PM »

Prob about right  given won it last twice at and 11/4, and has improved since then. rate well above most of them.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: