blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:07:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Mini Deepstack £100, £30,000 GTD 12-15 Sept
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Mini Deepstack £100, £30,000 GTD 12-15 Sept  (Read 116659 times)
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2013, 05:55:32 PM »

Not keen on the concept of merging stacks but it's not going to happen often enough to be an issue and frankly, given the rest of the package that has been put together here I'd accept a rule that says that Day 2 players have to wear gimp masks and communicate all actions using a Stephen Hawking voice simulator.

Bring on the satellites and let's get this happening.

Rofl ^ I would never have imagined your mind was capable of such an 'interesting' concept David.  Shocked I'm keen on this new torn as I was a bit tired of the one day iancredible 200. Keep bringing on the new ideas, at the end of the day trial and error is the way forward,we're lucky that we get different concepts put forward for us to feast on. Here's looking forward to the next chip leader also.
Ice Shade
The Forming Pride Of Nottingham

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2013, 05:59:07 PM »

without trying to sound too harsh...what is the maximum cost of someone travelling to DTD for a 1 day event (if you get through online). If they can't afford that then why are they playing a £100 buy in tournament in the first place?

surely all this talk of the money not clearing in time is complete shite...what poker tournament ever pays out before you are eliminated anyway so are they saying if this was a normal tourney they wouldn't turn up for day two???  really?

Guys,

Just read these latest comments, to be clear;

The £300 min cash (or better) is paid on Day 2 at the Club, just like any Day 2 (its just a 3 x min cash instead of a 2 x min cash)

It's the £115 Day 1 players who miss out on the 10% that get that paid on the same day ie. say we get 125 players, 12 go through to Day 2 and places 13-17 get £115 the same day - online players get the £115 online and live players get the £115 at the club (13.6% of field being paid in this example)

Not sure if there have been some crossed wires somewhere but just read Ice Shade's post and he mentions this.

Cheers Rob

Fair yeah sorry for that, deffo misunderstood somewhere down the line :-)

Winning Isnt Everything...Wanting To Is...
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2013, 06:12:43 PM »

I like it all tbf. Hope I have a few free wknds to play them. my only hope would be that the online Day 1s don't finish too late on school nights. Start them at 7 maybe? 30k 12mins sounds like it could be a pretty late finish.

Poker_Monkey

"Cake or death?"

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2013, 07:19:56 PM »

poker monkey

they play down to the last 10%...they don't stop play and only let the top 10% go through.

eg  200 players...play stops when 20 players are left irrespective of how long it takes level wise...it could be different on different days

hope this helps

So it's not a 2day comp because all 4 day 1's will (or could) end at different levels as such day 2 will start at a set amount of bb's of the avg stack.

Not at 2+day comp but two different comps on is a £100 sat in to a comp were you get payed as soon as u sit

Oh look you hit your 3 outter on me FML

Twitter :  https://twitter.com/adrian_lovelock

Fb : https://www.facebook.com/ady.lovelock
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2013, 08:06:29 PM »

poker monkey

they play down to the last 10%...they don't stop play and only let the top 10% go through.

eg  200 players...play stops when 20 players are left irrespective of how long it takes level wise...it could be different on different days

hope this helps

So it's not a 2day comp because all 4 day 1's will (or could) end at different levels as such day 2 will start at a set amount of bb's of the avg stack.

Not at 2+day comp but two different comps on is a £100 sat in to a comp were you get payed as soon as u sit

That's one way to look at it

But it is a 2 day comp with blinds starting at 3/6K on day 2 and every player carrying their stacks through

From reading the previous posts the theory behind paying every day two player makes perfect sense

Been to a day 2 before short stacked and not in the money - 1 hour to get there, 4 hands and ten minutes of play, JJ busted by Q10 and home again out of the money - not much fun
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2013, 08:14:07 PM »

Not keen on the concept of merging stacks but it's not going to happen often enough to be an issue and frankly, given the rest of the package that has been put together here I'd accept a rule that says that Day 2 players have to wear gimp masks and communicate all actions using a Stephen Hawking voice simulator.

Bring on the satellites and let's get this happening.

Rofl ^ I would never have imagined your mind was capable of such an 'interesting' concept David.  Shocked I'm keen on this new torn as I was a bit tired of the one day iancredible 200. Keep bringing on the new ideas, at the end of the day trial and error is the way forward,we're lucky that we get different concepts put forward for us to feast on. Here's looking forward to the next Grand Prix and CPP in St Kitts.

fyp

(I scaled back the range of my imagination for that post btw)

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2013, 10:49:16 PM »

£1k buyin to Day 2 with average stack? Cheesy

Or £1k - min cash + rake

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2013, 10:51:04 PM »

Or £1k - min cash + rake

This please!

Please please!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2013, 12:39:18 AM »

the hendon mob joke of but how much did ou lose would really be great then,.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2013, 02:08:43 AM »

Or £1k - min cash + rake

I hope you are joking, very different comp. average stack will be just over 50bb and 1st prize will be around £12,500

DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2013, 02:12:39 AM »

I like it all tbf. Hope I have a few free wknds to play them. my only hope would be that the online Day 1s don't finish too late on school nights. Start them at 7 maybe? 30k 12mins sounds like it could be a pretty late finish.

The expected finish time for Online Day 1's is 11.30pm - 11.45pm, 8.30pm start with late reg is till 9.35pm
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 02:16:56 AM by DTD-ACES » Logged

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2013, 06:04:41 AM »

The expected finish time for Online Day 1's is 11.30pm - 11.45pm, 8.30pm start with late reg is till 9.35pm

Absolutely perfect if that's the case. Think that will please a lot us working recs. Tks.

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2013, 06:44:41 AM »

Or £1k - min cash + rake

I hope you are joking, very different comp. average stack will be just over 50bb and 1st prize will be around £12,500

Well it was kind of tongue in cheek, though 50bb wouldn't be a problem for the people who wanted to do it. I don't think first prize would be either, you only get 14* your buy-in for a 45-man tourney on Stars. Is £12,500 based on 50 players? 12500/700 = ~18. The problem would only really be the disparity between the entry fee actual money and what the average stack would be worth ICM wise.

Was sort of alluding to it could be cool if you did a Grand Prix with the ISPT format one day.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:00:57 AM by MC » Logged

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
avillan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2013, 08:29:04 AM »

The idea is pretty damn good in all regards, 10% meaning day 2 is a cash makes traveling so easy. This idea of merging stacks is great for those who do qualify short (which is the intention lets not forget)...this argument about it being an un-even playing field is just crazy, at the end of the day people pissed when it came to re-buy's...then re-entry's...then reloads! people dislike change regardless and the argument for this just doesn't stand up...so few people are going to actually be able to pull it off (i reckon about 5 mergers, one will have merged 3 times, but thats a guess)...you're moaning because someone with bigger pockets and (clearly) more skill has managed to pull two day ones...hate to break it to you but think of it this way:-

1. If more people try this with the idea of coming back with a monster stack and fail...you wont bat an eyelid at the extra £100/£200/£300 they just added to the prizepool (moan until it benefits you type job)
2. If they were lucky to do it, you wont mind because he is going to become a chip dump machine and if you have more skill his luck WILL run out and you will gain those chips, bringing you back to point 1 (unless jamie gold turns up)
3. If they were good enough to navigate two or more day one's...sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it was NEVER a level playing field anyway because they are likely better than you!

I do understand the argument about "im not that rolled, i dont have 3/4 bullets in the bag" because im in that situation myself...but think of it this way. You couldn't afford the re-entry...moaned but then carried on playing. You couldn't afford the reload which effectively doubled the buyin...moaned but then carried on playing. If you are still reading this you clearly carried on playing through two changes that were FAR BIGGER impacts than this will be...and if you didnt carry on playing then you either aren't reading this OR are just pissing for pissing's sake.

The idea is good, it will boost prizepools, it gives an incentive to get more than the "9 big blinds you got stuck with", poker was never a level playing field anyway, you've been through worse changes with regards to bankroll and skill differentials...and at the end of the day two months down the line if they changed ALL the deepstacks to this format you would suck it up anyway...quit moaning, it's far smaller an impact than you think, and will likely just boost a prizepool you're interest in winning...so yeah.

(as a note, the ONLY gripe i have is paying the min cash into peoples online accounts, just pay them on the day...otherwise adam's point of "it wont clear in time" could pose an issue)

^^^+1  Love the idea, something to look forward to on a weekly basis till the fessies start up again after Vegas -- Personally, I would like to see on-line qualifiers Monday through til Friday.

semtex

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2013, 11:18:09 AM »

I'm loving this tournament and I can relate to but can't understand all the hysteria about the merged stacks.
I hated the initial idea of online days in the £300/£500 deep stacks and was worried about the disproportionate stacks, we proved to be a factor when Ben Vinson made it thru to the first day 2 with an uber stack in comparison to the live day 1 qualifiers, he made final table from this advantageous position, which understandably a player of his calibre shuould consolidate. I turned up at the club with a friend Becky from The Blue Blood team who had a backer and both were oblivious to the previous live day 1's. Both myself and Becky spoke with Simon at the club, about our concerns, and then at length with Rob, I ended up playing the event, Becky and her backer decided to withdraw on principle. The key point here is Simon has vast experience in running live events and can pinpoint a finish time depending on the structure within 15 minutes. Rob trusts his judgement. Simon and Rob promised the starting stacks and clock would be looked in great depth

They were true to their word and the following deepstacks the stacks from live and online days were much much closer.

This process was pivotal to the up and coming ISPT online feeders and qualifiers so I now understand the logic and introduction of the online deepstack day 1s
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: