blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:48:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Online Club Cash Games
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Online Club Cash Games  (Read 126230 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2013, 02:08:01 PM »

also who are they expecting to sit down and start the game heads up, 3 handed etc, its hard to expect a random rec to just sit and wait for the action, theres going to have to be some regulars getting it off the ground unless Rob just sits and gets friends to sit too etc.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2013, 02:08:14 PM »

I think the questions were (indirectly) answered in this sentence

"Can I also say to players that currently use tracking software and therefore having questions about it's use - YOU are not the target customers for these club cash game tables, we prefer you to not play on these tables, there are plenty of choices out there."
So someone like me who would sit in these games and start the action isn't wanted because I will be using a hud on another site? All i wanted is an answer so I can actually pay rake instead of getting banned for accidentally having my hud pop up where its not wanted. I guess il just play around and make sure it doesnt work on DTD tables.

edit: Pads posted this without me knowing. I saw one extra reply and just hit continue.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2013, 02:14:01 PM »

All this "HUD on another site" sounds like an excuse to me to generate an argument

Are HUDs not guided by instruction? Surely you have to input your username for it to track anything? Surely you have to have HH saved to disk?

Don't allow your HUD to track your name  on DTD an  hey presto!

DTDs intention here is pretty clear

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2013, 02:39:08 PM »

it seems to me DTD want a fair game with no 'outside help' and back to the basics of just enjoying some poker.

It also seems pretty obvious there will be some who can't see this and will feel it's an opportunity to get an edge...hoping they don't get caught.

Surely it's not that hard to just play different tables if you don't want to play by the rules.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2013, 02:51:08 PM »

I think the questions were (indirectly) answered in this sentence

"Can I also say to players that currently use tracking software and therefore having questions about it's use - YOU are not the target customers for these club cash game tables, we prefer you to not play on these tables, there are plenty of choices out there."

It's ok saying that Richard, but in all honesty I can see some people drooling at the mouth at the prospect of a table full the people you are targeting, that is just how poker players are, and they will do whatever they can to play with weaker players for their own personal ends.

Can we all just take a minute to remember that without Pro Poker Players, there would be hardly ANY poker games ever. It's about creating a comfortable enviroment for the recreational players, not about going gung ho making it terrible for the pro's.

The software thing is again a little bit of a moot topic because 1) at first the use of tracking software will make no real difference AT ALL 2) with the frequency these games will run and the restricted # of tables it willl take months before that changes, and 3) by being restricted to only playing 2 tables any half decent poker player will have no need for it anyway, I have every piece of tracking software you can buy and 100% honestly even if you could use it I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have bothered (I turn my HUD off when i'm playing 4 tables online cos it tilts me anyways.)

Also woodsey i'm pretty sure you can detect it running in some way, but even if they couldn't, and some people did they'd be gaining pretty much nothing.

it seems to me DTD want a fair game with no 'outside help' and back to the basics of just enjoying some poker.

Exactly, and with a good group of guys, lots of whom you'll know anyway, it should be very easy.

robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2013, 03:00:58 PM »

lili dave - Read this.... U just 'get it'*

http://www.lildaveslife.com/2013/08/wheres-the-fucking-justice.html

* and way more that u get dealers choice, K 4!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 03:03:23 PM by robyong » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2013, 03:55:46 PM »

lili dave - Read this.... U just 'get it'*

http://www.lildaveslife.com/2013/08/wheres-the-fucking-justice.html

* and way more that u get dealers choice, K 4!

I thought berating the fish was bad etiquette? Tongue

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2013, 05:15:41 PM »

All this "HUD on another site" sounds like an excuse to me to generate an argument

Are HUDs not guided by instruction? Surely you have to input your username for it to track anything? Surely you have to have HH saved to disk?

Don't allow your HUD to track your name  on DTD an  hey presto!

DTDs intention here is pretty clear
No, I didn't need to input my name for pokerstars.fr after I saved the HH to harddrive. This was the solution I was thinking of but I might want to play the sat at the same time for example. Just have to miss it.

Its not wanting to start an argument. Its a precaution to make sure I don't break the rules.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 05:31:19 PM by rfgqqabc » Logged

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2013, 05:40:45 PM »

Adam, why not just switch the HUD off completely?  It can't make a huge difference to the MTTs?  I don't have one on my laptop and don't miss it massively.  You must know a lot of the plo8 players and the French playing pool is small.  Late on you can always close DTD and open the HUD up if you must.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2013, 05:47:27 PM »

Adam, why not just switch the HUD off completely?  It can't make a huge difference to the MTTs?  I don't have one on my laptop and don't miss it massively.  You must know a lot of the plo8 players and the French playing pool is small.  Late on you can always close DTD and open the HUD up if you must.

I haven't seen anyone say the lack of hud itself is a problem, more they don't understand how it's theoretically going to be implemented, and they can just see potential problems if trying to use the dtd software at the same time as a normal grind. And people rightly love dtd so they have reservations about any chance of being banned for life!
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2013, 06:27:12 PM »

also who are they expecting to sit down and start the game heads up, 3 handed etc, its hard to expect a random rec to just sit and wait for the action, theres going to have to be some regulars getting it off the ground unless Rob just sits and gets friends to sit too etc.

Yeh, that's prob what we will do mate, we also have me, Devilfish, scallie, lil Dave and a few others to start the odd bigger game.

We are only after 1-2 tables of low stakes per night for club members, I'm sure we can manage that after we have marketed the new tables at the £300 and Grand Prix

It's all small scale stuff, nothing to make a fuss about and not targeted at the pro grinders. I'm expecting 2 tables a night after a month of awareness.

Hope you are well

Rob
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 06:30:59 PM by robyong » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2013, 06:30:32 PM »

Should start a thread, anyone who wants to play post in the thread and see who's about!

We're going to try run a reg PLO game once a week, why don't we get a NL game going Pads?

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2013, 06:32:09 PM »

sure and like I posted in the thread im def supporting it and also mentioned it heavily on pokerstrategy.

The line of "we dont want people who play with huds to play" kinda line just made me feel like it was expected to just be "recs" playing. Which is unlikely to happen without the alexes, lil daves and honeybadgers starting the games and getting the action going.

But you, devilfish etc all playing and starting is way way better.

I will come and donate in the omaha games to you guys and learn abit, more appealing than playing 25 dollar buy ins or playing vs sharks on stars who will bumhunt me.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2013, 06:32:48 PM »

Should start a thread, anyone who wants to play post in the thread and see who's about!

We're going to try run a reg PLO game once a week, why don't we get a NL game going Pads?

sure im in for plo and nl. obv terrible at plo and play pretty bad at nl too.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2013, 06:35:55 PM »

excellent! the worse you can play the better Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: