blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:32:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 254634 times)
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1650 on: May 08, 2015, 09:36:41 AM »

I imagine UKIP get votes for all sorts of reasons, not just out and out racists but disillusionment and Anti EU feelings too. The road to 2017 and the referendum(s)? will be interesting!

that's an argument we'll now have to win on its own merits.

as someone who lives in another EU country (I'm on my fourth, now) I am pretty worried about the prospect of Cameron taking us out as it seems the country has slammed hard to the right.

Taking us out of the EU would be a fucking disaster. And now we'll have to show it in the run up to 2017.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: May 08, 2015, 09:53:25 AM »

Farage IS UKIP.

There have been some real idiots standing for UKIP. Imagine how well they could have done, without some of these people.

True.

I wonder, however, if the sheer number of UKIP candidates who shamed themselves over the last few years helped or hindered the party? Most of us tutted whenever a UKIP politician said something racist or homophobic or sexist, but it always got them lots of press. The bongo bongo land and the gay marriage floods shitstorms might have actually converted a bunch of people who shared those views over to the party.

Could be Dave. I suspect it tipped more people back the other way though.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: May 08, 2015, 10:05:54 AM »

lookalike of the day

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: May 08, 2015, 10:06:50 AM »

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out son  

'Just heard @Ed_miliband about to announce his resignation. Did much better than I expected. Decent man. Hope he finds something good to do,
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: May 08, 2015, 10:07:47 AM »

Exit poll got it pretty much spot on, doesn't say much for all the other opinion polls.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: May 08, 2015, 10:19:59 AM »

My eyes are open wide
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: May 08, 2015, 10:21:37 AM »

you can say how unfair the electoral system in this country is but its just done what its supposed to do and given us a majority government and not the coalition that most other systems produce

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: May 08, 2015, 10:28:42 AM »

I agree we need majority rule, but seems totally ridic that a party getting such numbers as UKIP can get practically no representation. That hardly seems fair that 15% of the population has 1/2 voices

How many votes did they get compared to SNP to have 55+ seats?

Not sure what the solution is but...

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: May 08, 2015, 10:31:00 AM »

I agree we need majority rule, but seems totally ridic that a party getting such numbers as UKIP can get practically no representation. That hardly seems fair that 15% of the population has 1/2 voices

They will get more next time around. They are now in a really good spot to seriously challenge for a lot more seats next time around.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: May 08, 2015, 10:33:43 AM »

With 635 seats in - how many votes to elect an MP on average?
SNP26,444
CON34,342
LAB40,232
GRN121,216
LD289,262
UKIP3,767,137

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: May 08, 2015, 10:34:51 AM »

Was it Lab's tack to the left, Tory SNP fear campaign, or Ed M himself that sent Labour backwards?

My eyes are open wide
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: May 08, 2015, 10:37:40 AM »

They will get more next time around. They are now in a really good spot to seriously challenge for a lot more seats next time around.

no, they won't. because a Tory majority will lead to a serious boat load of boundary changes to strengthen their position.

The answer is obviously a PR system. It can't be that UKIP, however detestable they are, have 5% of the seats the SNP have with more votes. You have to give up FPTP and you have to get on with the idea that government by consensus is a good idea.  We're going to have a Tory majority and they don't speak for me, but they'll win every single vote they like. Every time. So my views aren't represented in parliament, in reality. Neither are all the Green/UKIP/etc voices. SNP are woefully overrepresented. 8% of the seats for something like 5% of the vote is way OOL
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: May 08, 2015, 10:39:13 AM »

Was it Lab's tack to the left, Tory SNP fear campaign, or Ed M himself that sent Labour backwards?

All 3?

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: May 08, 2015, 10:41:45 AM »

All of the above imo. Although the majority in the UK simply don't like left wing, Blair wasn't really left when he got in, but they started to shift more that way towards the later part of their govt. Ed has shifted them further left again. Good riddance to that and the people have spoken  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 10:54:24 AM by Woodsey » Logged
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: May 08, 2015, 10:43:08 AM »

no, they won't. because a Tory majority will lead to a serious boat load of boundary changes to strengthen their position.

The answer is obviously a PR system. It can't be that UKIP, however detestable they are, have 5% of the seats the SNP have with more votes. You have to give up FPTP and you have to get on with the idea that government by consensus is a good idea.  We're going to have a Tory majority and they don't speak for me, but they'll win every single vote they like. Every time. So my views aren't represented in parliament, in reality. Neither are all the Green/UKIP/etc voices. SNP are woefully overrepresented. 8% of the seats for something like 5% of the vote is way OOL

Suits me, it's the Tories I want in. I'm sure PR is your answer, the parties that can't get voted in always say that  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 10:44:51 AM by Woodsey » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: