blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:02:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 253854 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: May 08, 2015, 11:28:58 PM »

Labour just need to realise what they offer as a party the modern day uk population has no interest in.

You are drawing conclusions that just suit what you want, but are not justified. Labour lost the election, but yesterday they were expected to win. You can't say that the UK population has no interest in a party that was expected to win. The Tory victory wasn't for the reason you are claiming. They won because the population swallowed the false idea they put about that a Labour government would have to keep conceding things to the SNP to win votes in the House, not because they have turned away from Labour for ever, as you want to believe.

You keep kidding yourself.

But he is right. 

He isn't right at all.  The polls missed off the silent vote factor of both the tories AND ukip.  Never been a double silent vote factor which destroyed the labour and libs vote share like last night.  They were not expected to win at any stage labour even pre exit polls.  Not sure where you getting this data from.  When the double silent vote actually materialised it was GSM for the lefties.

Anyway i am done on this thread.  Thanks for all the lively debates over the weeks even from the lefties.  See you all again in 2020.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: May 08, 2015, 11:29:20 PM »

Labour just need to realise what they offer as a party the modern day uk population has no interest in.

You are drawing conclusions that just suit what you want, but are not justified. Labour lost the election, but yesterday they were expected to win. You can't say that the UK population has no interest in a party that was expected to win. The Tory victory wasn't for the reason you are claiming. They won because the population swallowed the false idea they put about that a Labour government would have to keep conceding things to the SNP to win votes in the House, not because they have turned away from Labour for ever, as you want to believe.

You keep kidding yourself.

But he is right.  

I think the SNP factor was a much smaller one than is being made out by the Labour supporters.
I'm aware of a handful of people who are not staunch tories, but voted that way this time, and never heard any of them mention it as a basis for their decision.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: May 08, 2015, 11:36:55 PM »

Would I be right in saying that Tory voters are actually scared to say they are voting Tory? You never would have thought that the Tories would have got a majority yesterday, so they clearly have a huge following and some of this following are going about it very quietly. I suppose just like the "No" voters in the Scottish referendum?

Are Tory voters actually afraid to admit they are pro Tory?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: May 08, 2015, 11:40:14 PM »

The Biritish people have spoken!

I´ve spent hundreds of hours on it and all I have is this:

The poor, unwell, disabled and caring community in this community took a huge hit today!

Austerity makes people c**** and c**** vote Tory.

Thanks to all for the civilised discussion on this thread, I learnt so much and it was excellent!
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: May 08, 2015, 11:42:00 PM »

Would I be right in saying that Tory voters are actually scared to say they are voting Tory? You never would have thought that the Tories would have got a majority yesterday, so they clearly have a huge following and some of this following are going about it very quietly. I suppose just like the "No" voters in the Scottish referendum?

I don't think scared, but it's likely that more Labour supporters are upfront, and aggressive about their support, and more Tories just vote.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: May 08, 2015, 11:43:49 PM »

I don't think scared, but it's likely that more Labour supporters are upfront, and aggressive about their support, and more Tories just vote.

It does seem to be the case. Any idea why?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: May 08, 2015, 11:44:36 PM »

The Biritish people have spoken!

I´ve spent hundreds of hours on it and all I have is this:

The poor, unwell, disabled and caring community in this community took a huge hit today!

Austerity makes people c**** and c**** vote Tory.

Thanks to all for the civilised discussion on this thread, I learnt so much and it was excellent!

Another bad loser.

Surprised at you Kush! )))

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: May 08, 2015, 11:45:50 PM »

When you read the article, it says the coalition government significantly increased spending on this scheme in last 5 years and are now looking at capping the cost of the scheme.

I presume you applaud the increased spending over the last 5 years under a Tory dominated coalition on the scheme?

Surprisingly you can't always believe ever word you read in a newspaper and how they headline it.

You come across as particularly bitter about the election result. Even Ed Balls was dignified in defeat.

Of course I'm bitter.

There has emerged a significant section of England which has never been seen before: the right wing poor.

These people are so utterly brain dead it makes me furious.

When they have to wait 6 months for a hospital appointment, have their children placed in schools they don't want them to go to and can't afford them to go to university and when public services are cut to fund tax breaks for the rich, then maybe they'll maybe they will reflect what a fuck up they've made.

Until that time we've had the most divisive governemnt since Thatcher foisted on us.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: May 08, 2015, 11:49:48 PM »

This.

Especially on Social Media.

On here it's been a civilised debate. On FB/Twitter I've seen people just seem to lose their mind when it comes to this election and the result, giving off some serious abuse to Tory voters who had stated their intentions. Some of the things I've seen posted have really surprised me tbh. Definitely a lot of people who have voted Tory that have kept it quiet.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: May 08, 2015, 11:50:56 PM »

It does seem to be the case. Any idea why?

I really don't know, I would only be guessing.
It must be along the lines that lots of people are happy with their lives, and don't feel the need to get on the attack with anyone in particular, just do what is necessary to maintain the status quo.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: May 08, 2015, 11:55:18 PM »

The average IQ of a Tory voter, is higher that that of someone who votes Labour.....
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: May 08, 2015, 11:57:18 PM »

The average IQ of a Tory voter, is higher that that of someone who votes Labour.....

But these people aren't average Tory voters. They should be Labour voters. But they think they are one stroke of good fortune away from being millionaires. Del Boy Englanders. Who will die in poverty having propped up the Tories.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: May 09, 2015, 12:00:43 AM »

I think I might have posted yesterday about this too, but when I went to the polling station yesterday all I did was give them my polling card & they gave me two pieces of paper. No questions, nothing.

I am quite worried at how easy it would have been just to go with someone else polling card and vote? Not saying it has anything to do with the result, but it did worry me at how easy it could potentially be.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: May 09, 2015, 12:01:26 AM »

No one knows why the Tories won but I would guess these two factors were major:

1. The Tories successfully scared the shit of little Englanders that Labour would do a post election deal with the SNP and that would cost them money in raised taxes.

2. Britain is now a country obsessed with image. Why are Posh Spice, Joey Essex, Cheryl Cole and the like in the papers every day? The press has portrayed Ed as an dithering idiot, slobering over a bacon sandwich and with a daft look on his face when someone asks for a photo.

Enough people bought that image of Ed and it made him unelectable.

And that sucks, because he would have been the best PM in my lifetime.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: May 09, 2015, 12:04:21 AM »

When you read the article, it says the coalition government significantly increased spending on this scheme in last 5 years and are now looking at capping the cost of the scheme.

I presume you applaud the increased spending over the last 5 years under a Tory dominated coalition on the scheme?

Surprisingly you can't always believe ever word you read in a newspaper and how they headline it.

You come across as particularly bitter about the election result. Even Ed Balls was dignified in defeat.

Of course I'm bitter.

There has emerged a significant section of England which has never been seen before: the right wing poor.

When they have to wait 6 months for a hospital appointment, have their children placed in schools they don't want them to go to and can't afford them to go to university and when public services are cut to fund tax breaks for the rich, then maybe they'll maybe they will reflect what a fuck up they've made.

Until that time we've had the most divisive governemnt since Thatcher foisted on us.

Because it was so different when Labour were last in power, or in two years time if they had got into power?

You make it sound like Cameron is a British dictator taking money off the poor to give directly to his cronies. Surely even you don't really think that?

You're living in a stereotype fantasy world sir.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: