blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:31:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 252599 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1800 on: May 09, 2015, 12:11:00 AM »

When you read the article, it says the coalition government significantly increased spending on this scheme in last 5 years and are now looking at capping the cost of the scheme.

I presume you applaud the increased spending over the last 5 years under a Tory dominated coalition on the scheme?

Surprisingly you can't always believe ever word you read in a newspaper and how they headline it.

You come across as particularly bitter about the election result. Even Ed Balls was dignified in defeat.

Of course I'm bitter.

There has emerged a significant section of England which has never been seen before: the right wing poor.

These people are so utterly brain dead it makes me furious.

When they have to wait 6 months for a hospital appointment, have their children placed in schools they don't want them to go to and can't afford them to go to university and when public services are cut to fund tax breaks for the rich, then maybe they'll maybe they will reflect what a fuck up they've made.

Until that time we've had the most divisive governemnt since Thatcher foisted on us.

Because it was so different when Labour were last in power, or in two years time if they had got into power?

You make it sound like Cameron is a British dictator taking money off the poor to give directly to his cronies. Surely even you don't really think that?

You're living in a stereotype fantasy world sir.

20 times more money is lost to the exchequer by tax evasion than by benefits cheating.

That is a matter of fact.

Is 20 times as much spent chasing tax dodgers as it is chasing and demonising some of the weakest people in society?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: May 09, 2015, 12:11:54 AM »

2. Britain is now a country obsessed with image. Why are Posh Spice, Joey Essex, Cheryl Cole and the like in the papers every day? The press has portrayed Ed as an dithering idiot, slobering over a bacon sandwich and with a daft look on his face when someone asks for a photo.

Enough people bought that image of Ed and it made him unelectable.

And that sucks, because he would have been the best PM in my lifetime.

His demeanour is not that of a leader.
He comes across as a nice guy, but not the kind of person you would trust with any major degree of responsibility.
It's probably not a reflection on his abilities, but it has been obvious from the minute he took office.
In almost every election since I was aware, the head of the two major parties who has seemed the best suited to carrying power, has got elected.

If Labour get the right kind of leader, they should be in a good position to reverse the result next time - especially if the Tories end up being Boris-led.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: May 09, 2015, 12:16:18 AM »

I think I might have posted yesterday about this too, but when I went to the polling station yesterday all I did was give them my polling card & they gave me two pieces of paper. No questions, nothing.

I am quite worried at how easy it would have been just to go with someone else polling card and vote? Not saying it has anything to do with the result, but it did worry me at how easy it could potentially be.

My girlfriend didn't have her polling card, she just gave them her address and that was good enough.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: May 09, 2015, 12:18:06 AM »

2. Britain is now a country obsessed with image. Why are Posh Spice, Joey Essex, Cheryl Cole and the like in the papers every day? The press has portrayed Ed as an dithering idiot, slobering over a bacon sandwich and with a daft look on his face when someone asks for a photo.

Enough people bought that image of Ed and it made him unelectable.

And that sucks, because he would have been the best PM in my lifetime.

His demeanour is not that of a leader.
He comes across as a nice guy, but not the kind of person you would trust with any major degree of responsibility.
It's probably not a reflection on his abilities, but it has been obvious from the minute he took office.
In almost every election since I was aware, the head of the two major parties who has seemed the best suited to carrying power, has got elected.

If Labour get the right kind of leader, they should be in a good position to reverse the result next time - especially if the Tories end up being Boris-led.

But that is nonsense. It's his brain, his morals and his policies people should be interested in. But I'm convinced that enough people were turned off him by his attempts to eat a bacon sarnie, that they voted against him.

And I think that is pathetic.

And you really believe Boris will be a negative for the Tories?

He's probably why I'm so pissed off. Whatever happens for the next 4 years, he'll get wheeled in before the next election and the fucking idiots who have voted against Ed for the wrong reasons, will vote for that cunning schemer.

Labour has zero chance to get in for 10 years minimum and who knows what mess we will be by 2025.

Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1804 on: May 09, 2015, 12:18:24 AM »

When you read the article, it says the coalition government significantly increased spending on this scheme in last 5 years and are now looking at capping the cost of the scheme.

I presume you applaud the increased spending over the last 5 years under a Tory dominated coalition on the scheme?

Surprisingly you can't always believe ever word you read in a newspaper and how they headline it.

You come across as particularly bitter about the election result. Even Ed Balls was dignified in defeat.

Of course I'm bitter.

There has emerged a significant section of England which has never been seen before: the right wing poor.

When they have to wait 6 months for a hospital appointment, have their children placed in schools they don't want them to go to and can't afford them to go to university and when public services are cut to fund tax breaks for the rich, then maybe they'll maybe they will reflect what a fuck up they've made.

Until that time we've had the most divisive governemnt since Thatcher foisted on us.

Because it was so different when Labour were last in power, or in two years time if they had got into power?

You make it sound like Cameron is a British dictator taking money off the poor to give directly to his cronies. Surely even you don't really think that?

Maybe you should try reading about quantitative easing.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: May 09, 2015, 12:23:22 AM »

Of course I'm bitter.

Maybe you should try reading about quantitative easing.

Anyone who has followed that horse probably needs to do some of their own printing Smiley

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: May 09, 2015, 12:26:13 AM »

Camel smashing it as uje.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: May 09, 2015, 12:27:57 AM »

And you really believe Boris will be a negative for the Tories?

I love Boris to bits. Easily my favourite politician.
Just my instinct says, that when it comes to PM, people generally will be reluctant to give him that responsibility.

The party leader is such a massive factor in modern politics. In part driven by how the parties run their campaigns.

I would hazard a guess that if you had swapped Ed for Nicola Sturgeon 5 years ago (theoretically obv), but kept everything else the same, the result would have been very different.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: May 09, 2015, 12:33:54 AM »

The really ironic thing is the Tories winning is that it's almost certainly good for me financially.

But when I grew up my dad drummed into me "You don't vote for what suits you, you should always vote for people who need help. The strong should help the weak. The rich should help the poor. That way society works best"

My dad should have been a Tory in every way. He was well qualified, had a great, well paid job and lived in a lovely house.

But he cared for people who didn't fare so well in life as he did. He wanted the best for his fellow man.

And he utterly detested Thatcher.

I loved my Dad.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: May 09, 2015, 12:37:15 AM »

The Biritish people have spoken!

I´ve spent hundreds of hours on it and all I have is this:

The poor, unwell, disabled and caring community in this community took a huge hit today!

Austerity makes people c**** and c**** vote Tory.

Thanks to all for the civilised discussion on this thread, I learnt so much and it was excellent!

Another bad loser.

Surprised at you Kush! )))

It wasn´t me who lost, I can live in any country in the world, although there aren´t many better than Britain....but I'm afraid for the vulnerable elements of society. that´s really genuine, I´d hate to be poor or disabled or seriously unwell if you are, (in Britain) today was the worst day of your life
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: May 09, 2015, 12:38:42 AM »

The really ironic thing is the Tories winning is that it's almost certainly good for me financially.

But when I grew up my dad drummed into me "You don't vote for what suits you, you should always vote for people who need help. The strong should help the weak. The rich should help the poor. That way society works best"

My dad should have been a Tory in every way. He was well qualified, had a great, well paid job and lived in a lovely house.

But he cared for people who didn't fare so well in life as he did. He wanted the best for his fellow man.

And he utterly detested Thatcher.

I loved my Dad.

I love your Dad too. That´s how people should be!
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: May 09, 2015, 12:39:29 AM »

I think that's where you differ from a majority of the electorate Keith.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: May 09, 2015, 12:55:42 AM »

We are going to have a very different country due to last night's result that the one we would have had if Labour had won. People who are saying it makes no difference either way are wrong.

So far as I am aware, the Conservatives don't have a single tax increase planned (haven't checked, but I think that's right). What they do have planned is massive cuts in public services. And this time, it will be without the Lib Dems overseeing them and moderating their more extreme ideas.

Their manifesto said they would reduce spending on unprotected services by one-sixth, ie by £30bn out of £180bn. There is no painless way to make cuts of that amount. A lot of people who assumed they were voting for austerity by others will find that they are significantly affected themselves. You can expect big cuts in policing, social care, council services, defence, services for industry and agriculture, training schemes, environment,  etc, etc).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: May 09, 2015, 01:07:39 AM »

It wasn´t me who lost, I can live in any country in the world, although there aren´t many better than Britain....but I'm afraid for the vulnerable elements of society. that´s really genuine, I´d hate to be poor or disabled or seriously unwell if you are, (in Britain) today was the worst day of your life

I managed to get a couple horses beat that traded <1.1 today, but other than that I thought today went alright...

You'll have me phoning the samaritans with posts like that :/

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: May 09, 2015, 01:08:10 AM »

We are going to have a very different country due to last night's result that the one we would have had if Labour had won. People who are saying it makes no difference either way are wrong.

So far as I am aware, the Conservatives don't have a single tax increase planned (haven't checked, but I think that's right). What they do have planned is massive cuts in public services. And this time, it will be without the Lib Dems overseeing them and moderating their more extreme ideas.

Their manifesto said they would reduce spending on unprotected services by one-sixth, ie by £30bn out of £180bn. There is no painless way to make cuts of that amount. A lot of people who assumed they were voting for austerity by others will find that they are significantly affected themselves. You can expect big cuts in policing, social care, council services, defence, services for industry and agriculture, training schemes, environment,  etc, etc).

tories with a slim majority will have to be more careful what they push through than they were when lib dems backed them up

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: