blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:50:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Blondebash 2015 at DTD - TBC
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondebash 2015 at DTD - TBC  (Read 25814 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2015, 02:13:19 PM »

I was thinking of inviting a couple of my golfing friends to the next blonde bash as I thought that a friendly sociable game would be a far more enjoyable experience for them, but I have seen a few posts suggesting that this one should be strictly for established blondes only.

Should I invite them or not bother?

I don't see why not.  Bashes in the past saw lots of newbies join in and then they hung around after.  In the past all you had to be was a member on here.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2015, 02:14:26 PM »

(devils advocate)

what would people prefer?

a) a small main event as the majority would like, but with DTD running a "normal" schedule alongside (big game etc) to help them cover their normal weekend costs. (this could see all players entering the door able to play the "blonde" event)

or

b) a "blonde festival" as Rob outlined, blondes only but a range of events and no "normal" schedule alongside?

i don't know yet, but i am guessing that option c) £30 main event and fun activities alongside, only, isn't viable economically (for any venue) 

I have to ask - why does option A mean that anyone can enter? Surely DTD can host a private tournament alongside their main comp? Dependent on numbers obviously, but I'm assuming that all most people want is a small main event with relaxed rules and the option poker wise for some tighty sngs and fun cash games, along with the usual drinks on friday/football on saturday am/HU comp sunday with a quiz?

because at nine bashes so far this has happened

no matter how hard you try its impossible to make it a fully "private" tournament - thats even if we want to - at least in part one of the benefits could be to attract new people to the forum from those who play and interact over the weekend - this has happened at past events

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2015, 02:26:19 PM »

(devils advocate)

a) a small main event as the majority would like, but with DTD running a "normal" schedule alongside (big game etc) to help them cover their normal weekend costs. (this could see all players entering the door able to play the "blonde" event)

or

b) a "blonde festival" as Rob outlined, blondes only but a range of events and no "normal" schedule alongside?

i don't know yet, but i am guessing that option c) £30 main event and fun activities alongside, only, isn't viable economically (for any venue) 

I have to ask - why does option A mean that anyone can enter? Surely DTD can host a private tournament alongside their main comp? Dependent on numbers obviously, but I'm assuming that all most people want is a small main event with relaxed rules and the option poker wise for some tighty sngs and fun cash games, along with the usual drinks on friday/football on saturday am/HU comp sunday with a quiz?

no matter how hard you try its impossible to make it a fully "private" tournament - thats even if we want to - at least in part one of the benefits could be to attract new people to the forum from those who play and interact over the weekend - this has happened at past events

In that case then have a situation where to enter people have to register on the forum and they can do this at DTD? Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2015, 02:35:50 PM »

(devils advocate)

or

In that case then have a situation where to enter people have to register on the forum and they can do this at DTD? Smiley

Yes we have always had that to enter people need to be a forum member, or family member, friend etc

what i am basically saying is i am going to find it tough to go to Rob with what the majority of people seem to want, its not the live poker scene of 2005-2009 when venues would subsidise a weekend's events and give a day to a small "semi private" event that couldn't cover costs (no matter how much the bar takings went up!)

My eyes are open wide
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2015, 02:56:00 PM »

Would it not be possible to go with a variation on option a where the blonde game would be an invitation only private event?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2015, 02:57:23 PM »

Sorry - should have read the rest of the thread before replying.

If pushed, option a would be my preference, but I'm not sure either option would result in something I, personally, would get excited about wanting to play.

Can't we just have a big old home game in one of the wings of tikay's house?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 03:01:50 PM by Claw75 » Logged

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2015, 03:04:15 PM »

Would it not be possible to go with a variation on option a where the blonde game would be an invitation only private event?

I don't know, but i will be asking (Accepting that the  DTD will be full of a weekend schedule in the rest of the club)

Rob had in mind a "blonde festival". I can see a "multi-prize pool" event (different buy in points for different prizepools for the same comp, the Romanello format that DTD ran for a while) being an alternative to that

the small buy in social comp with lots of extra stuff is the main feedback though, so we'll be away to think!

My eyes are open wide
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2015, 03:05:59 PM »

I don't know, but i will be asking (Accepting that the  DTD will be full of a weekend schedule in the rest of the club)

Rob had in mind a "blonde festival". I can see a "multi-prize pool" event (different buy in points for different prizepools for the same comp, the Romanello format that DTD ran for a while) being an alternative to that

the small buy in social comp with lots of extra stuff is the main feedback though, so we'll be away to think!

i mean could do MPP, but one level being for blonde members, say £30, another being for anyone else for £50 or something? seems tetchy but could work with some thought

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2015, 03:12:13 PM »

(devils advocate)

or

At other venues that is probably a legitimate answer but as Rob owns DTD he can do whatever he wants.
Whether he is willing to from a business point of view is another matter altogether.
My interpretation was that this would be planned for one of DTD's non-festival weekends, therefore space at the venue wouldn't be an issue in regards to running a blonde comp. This was certainly the case with previous bashes as the venues were not big enough to carry both blonde and their usual events.

I would imagine that a blonde bash brings with it large increases in bar/food revenues, but only DTD will really know that.
If it was a case of a festival or nothing it may be nothing. Prior bashes were largely populated by the recs among the forum, though the membership of blonde has changed somewhat in that time.

Perhaps the Romanello buy in would be best for all.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2015, 05:06:24 PM »

go to Newcastle? Great for a piss up, genting will allow you to take over their whole cardroom and plan the event exactly as you want. Having a game where others may be offended that you're overly drunk doesn't make it a blonde bash imo.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2015, 05:09:41 PM »

It's going to be at DTD, our sponsors.

I/We have also had bad experiences with people being "overly drunk" and causing problems at events, but then i'm an old git ;-)

My eyes are open wide
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2015, 05:25:24 PM »

i think a lot of people are going to be put off the idea if it has to be at DTD. Can't there just be an "unoffical" event?

Maybe ask Party Poker to sponsor the event, they are getting all feedback threads etc on here and have a very bad image in the UK market, it looks like they want to improve, spending a relatively small amount to cover costs here and maybe senidng down a rep to get involved (Michelle Orpe?) and changing perceptions etc would seem to be a good idea.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2015, 05:25:40 PM »

It's going to be at DTD, our sponsors.

I/We have also had bad experiences with people being "overly drunk" and causing problems at events, but then i'm an old git ;-)

Sounds good to me.......

(Not the overly drunk people ruining it for others)
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2015, 05:28:39 PM »

i think a lot of people are going to be put off the idea if it has to be at DTD. Can't there just be an "unoffical" event?

Maybe ask Party Poker to sponsor the event, they are getting all feedback threads etc on here and have a very bad image in the UK market, it looks like they want to improve, spending a relatively small amount to cover costs here and maybe senidng down a rep to get involved (Michelle Orpe?) and changing perceptions etc would seem to be a good idea.

Where did you have in mind? I'm sure once we(If) gather at DTD we could also arrange something to do afterwards or the next day?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2015, 05:32:42 PM »

Why would a lot of people be put off if it is at DTD?  If it isn't the most popular cardroom in the UK it must be very close.  I just can't see how you would think something like Newcastle would be more popular.  And Party are partnering with DTD, so if they were involved it would be the obvious choice too.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: