blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:35:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 998 999 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 1005 1006 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2199619 times)
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #15015 on: November 15, 2018, 12:37:28 PM »

In to 7/4 for now for a second referendum!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15016 on: November 15, 2018, 12:43:50 PM »

Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab has told BBC News he quit the cabinet over "fatal flaws" in the UK's draft Brexit agreement with the EU.

And he said the UK should be ready to risk a no-deal Brexit in the face of EU "blackmail".
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15017 on: November 15, 2018, 12:46:47 PM »

The Eu's position has been consistent for two years

and clear beforehand

where is the blackmail?

He's Done well to be the first person i can think of to resign over a deal disagreeing with that which they themselves negotiated.

He, like others, is not facing the reality of the situation. No alternative plans apart from no deal. Same for Boris and co

they were all in office,could have attempted any alternative. Haven't BECAUSE ITS NOT POSSIBLE

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15018 on: November 15, 2018, 12:51:40 PM »

and clear beforehand

where is the blackmail?

He's Done well to be the first person i can think of to resign over a deal disagreeing with that which they themselves negotiated.

He, like others, is not facing the reality of the situation. No alternative plans apart from no deal. Same for Boris and co

they were all in office,could have attempted any alternative. Haven't BECAUSE ITS NOT POSSIBLE

Well it’s certainly not possible if you don’t show you are serious about no deal.

Do you really think he had the final say in what the deal was? Come on Richard......he wouldn’t be resigning otherwise.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15019 on: November 15, 2018, 12:57:46 PM »

and clear beforehand

where is the blackmail?

Well it’s certainly not possible if you don’t show you are serious about no deal.

Do you really think he had the final say in what the deal was? Come on Richard......he wouldn’t be resigning otherwise.

would this be the final dea lif there was an alternative? what has he spent months doing if there was an alternative?

The EU knows No deal would be extremely harmful to us more than them and they know its bad for them, was able to discount it as a serious wish for the UK whether we tried bluffing it or not

they are far more ready for no deal then we are, businesses been preparing for 18 months plus

My eyes are open wide
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15020 on: November 15, 2018, 01:08:55 PM »

and clear beforehand

where is the blackmail?

would this be the final dea lif there was an alternative? what has he spent months doing if there was an alternative?

The EU knows No deal would be extremely harmful to us more than them and they know its bad for them, was able to discount it as a serious wish for the UK whether we tried bluffing it or not

they are far more ready for no deal then we are, businesses been preparing for 18 months plus

All the people who have quit obviously thought they could make change happen their way if they were on the inside, it’s clear now it’s TM’s way or the highway and they failed to shift her from what she thinks is best in terms of an acceptable deal.

The EU obviously know it hurts us more than them, but as has been said on here many times they always act in their self interest, so if push comes to shove who knows what they will do?  I go back to if we don’t test them with the reality of no deal we are never going to find out.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #15021 on: November 15, 2018, 01:10:03 PM »

Laura Kuenssberg reporting that the ERG will submit letters for a vote of no confidence in the PM. Need 48 to trigger the vote.

However, disagreement in the room about whether to do a letter or just vote down the deal.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 01:13:48 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15022 on: November 15, 2018, 01:19:29 PM »

Maybe this is Boris’ big chance? That’ll send a few on here over the edge  Cheesy
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #15023 on: November 15, 2018, 01:40:35 PM »

Def going to be a second referendum.

This time the likes of Nissan will unequivocally state that they are shutting down if there is no deal. 

The fantasy of the "easiest trade deal ever" will be fully exposed.  No lies about NHS money, just facts about tariff/non tariff barriers and there effect on jobs and inflation.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15024 on: November 15, 2018, 01:48:20 PM »

Do Brexiteers have a plan?

— Can they win a vote of no confidence? (probably not but 100 votes against it makes it tough for her)

— What do they do if May wins/gets immunity from challenge for a year? (is it worth the risk?)

— What changes if they replace May with Brexiteer PM? (how do they get a harder deal, that satisfies Irish border issue, economy and EU? has been no sign of one to date with two years to propose one)

- How do they win a vote of no confidence in parliament? (would be underdogs to win one)

— How do they reopen May's deal? (why would the EU blink?)

- How do they do all this by 29th March? (4 months)

best guesses welcome!

My eyes are open wide
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #15025 on: November 15, 2018, 02:04:40 PM »

Confidence isn't 2/3 of MPs.  To vote for an early election is 2/3.  Confidence is simply the motion is passed and is not voted down

3)An early parliamentary general election is also to take place if—
(a)the House of Commons passes a motion in the form set out in subsection (4), and
(b)the period of 14 days after the day on which that motion is passed ends without the House passing a motion in the form set out in subsection (5).
(4)The form of motion for the purposes of subsection (3)(a) is—
“That this House has no confidence in Her Majesty's Government.”

(5)The form of motion for the purposes of subsection (3)(b) is—
“That this House has confidence in Her Majesty's Government.”

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2011/14/section/2

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15026 on: November 15, 2018, 02:05:40 PM »

Rees-Mogg names Johnson and Davis as prospective leaders

BBC News Channel
Asked who would make a better leader, Mr Rees-Mogg says the Conservartive Party is "full of talent".

"There are many, many people," he says.

"You have got Boris Johnson and David Davis. You have got Dominic Raab and Esther McVey. You have got Penny Mordaunt.

"You have streams of talent in the Conservative Party who would be very capable of leading a proper Brexit."
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15027 on: November 15, 2018, 02:07:03 PM »

Yup as I said before.....

Rees-Mogg: 'Brexit is run from Downing Street'

BBC News Channel
Asked how a new leader could get a better deal than Theresa May, Mr Rees-Mogg said: "I don't think Dominic Raab and David Davis had much say in this.

"We know full well... it was being run by Downing Street.

He also said he didn't see "much point" in a Brexit secretary "when it is all being run from Downing Street".
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #15028 on: November 15, 2018, 02:09:36 PM »

Postman Pat getting chirpy.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15029 on: November 15, 2018, 02:09:46 PM »

sorry, but he is quoting Boris and Davis?

both complete chancers at best and incompetent at worst,one who attended 4 hours of negotiations in 18 months of brexit secertary, signed up to the Irish backstop last december then this month said it was "unworkable", the other who before the referendum proclaimed he wanted to stay in the single market then changed his mind for political expediency.

It's a complete joke

JRM is in la la land

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 998 999 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 1005 1006 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: