blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:19:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1122 1123 1124 1125 [1126] 1127 1128 1129 1130 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2199591 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #16875 on: March 22, 2019, 07:33:51 AM »

The EU response yesterday seemed eminently reasonable to me. Saw a Belgian MEP talk about how they had to talk Macron away from some silly ideas.

Farage thinks like me which is a bit of a worry. Thinks there should be a vote in Parliament next week to revoke or leave on the 29th. Keegan like I would love it if 330 or so MPs were forced to revoke now.

Feels like we're inexorably headed to the softest of brexits in 9 months time.. Or more likely, people get behind the Blair view that eventually the only option will be so soft that any sensible person would choose remain over the ultra soft option.

sola virtus nobilitat
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #16876 on: March 22, 2019, 11:00:44 AM »

Seems EU are now working on the basis that the deal wont pass next week...........so they are looking at a short extension that isnt conditional.

Maybe this gives time for indicative votes?.....and something like a soft brexit/Norway deal will win through.

Taken the 8/1 May is replaced in May  Cheesy

Betfair are odds on May leaves before we leave the EU.  Remarkable.

You can still get 1.02 on "will article 50 be extended" which I don't understand
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16877 on: March 22, 2019, 11:06:42 AM »

Seems EU are now working on the basis that the deal wont pass next week...........so they are looking at a short extension that isnt conditional.

Maybe this gives time for indicative votes?.....and something like a soft brexit/Norway deal will win through.

You can still get 1.02 on "will article 50 be extended" which I don't understand

It’s on the big side for sure but I’d be reluctant to wade in. Until we get to 30/03/2019, there’s some scope for uncertainty/differing interpretations. If MV3 did get through next week, she would be desperate imo to row back on the extension.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #16878 on: March 22, 2019, 12:09:07 PM »

It’s on the big side for sure but I’d be reluctant to wade in. Until we get to 30/03/2019, there’s some scope for uncertainty/differing interpretations. If MV3 did get through next week, she would be desperate imo to row back on the extension.

......or maybe she says "sod it" and writes the letter to revoke  Smiley
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16879 on: March 22, 2019, 01:01:38 PM »

......or maybe she says "sod it" and writes the letter to revoke  Smiley

Allowing for the obvious claims of recency bias......she’d go from 2nd worst PM so far to one of the better ones in a stroke.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #16880 on: March 22, 2019, 01:21:59 PM »

Can’t help thinking revoke sets a fabulously dangerous precedent for global affairs

Once you join there is simply no way out. Even if your people want to leave it is simply not an option.

Need to think about what this means regards freedom and democracy, balance of power in the future, even if those notions are purely conceptual

Doesn’t sit well with me and makes membership for future countries a remarkably crucial decision. Life means life baby.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #16881 on: March 22, 2019, 01:48:29 PM »

Can’t help thinking revoke sets a fabulously dangerous precedent for global affairs

ha ha ^infinity

Have you studied any history at all?
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #16882 on: March 22, 2019, 02:52:15 PM »

ha ha ^infinity

Have you studied any history at all?

Yes extensively

My particular specialty is war of the roses and tudor period, love that stuff

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #16883 on: March 22, 2019, 04:26:03 PM »

Kathleeen Turner used to be a right sort.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16884 on: March 22, 2019, 05:40:55 PM »

Once you join there is simply no way out. Even if your people want to leave it is simply not an option.

Need to think about what this means regards freedom and democracy, balance of power in the future, even if those notions are purely conceptual

Doesn’t sit well with me and makes membership for future countries a remarkably crucial decision. Life means life baby.

I understand why it appears to be concerning. The EU haven’t made leaving the EU hard though, leaving the EU is hard because being a member of the EU confers huge benefits.

The revocation following the ECJ ruling is entirely up to the UK.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #16885 on: March 22, 2019, 06:46:50 PM »

Hilarious having seen Brexit voters shout down a PV, a genuine chance to push Brexit through. Now they are all facing the reality of the whole thing being revoked.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16886 on: March 22, 2019, 07:42:24 PM »

Hilarious having seen Brexit voters shout down a PV, a genuine chance to push Brexit through. Now they are all facing the reality of the whole thing being revoked.

Incredibly soft Brexit is still highly likely, nothing to celebrate yet. I guess I do feel more optimistic though as well. Agreed the Brexiteer meltdowns are comedy.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #16887 on: March 22, 2019, 07:53:58 PM »

So we hold a referendum to decide whether to bring back the death penalty

The country decide that’s not what we want to do

But we start hanging people anyway and the minority celebrate

Haha comedy

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16888 on: March 22, 2019, 08:07:40 PM »

Haha comedy

Cameron made an extraordinary mistake. If one good thing comes out of this, hopefully there’ll never be another referendum. We can go back to representative democracy (a switch to PR would be cool). The most important thing of all though is having an electorate that better understands the issues, I’m not sure how we do that, investment in education seems like a good plan.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16889 on: March 22, 2019, 08:13:58 PM »

Haha comedy

On the death penalty, the person the Blonde alt-right wanted to kill (Jodie Chesney case) is 16. Do you still want him dead now we know he’s a child?
Pages: 1 ... 1122 1123 1124 1125 [1126] 1127 1128 1129 1130 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: