blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:14:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272573 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1421 1422 1423 1424 [1425] 1426 1427 1428 1429 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2193396 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #21360 on: October 11, 2019, 11:17:57 PM »

Where are Kuku and Mantis? Not seen either post for ages.

Both are currently abstaining from Posting on blonde generally (not just this thread), but for very different reasons.

A from the heart few lines

I always find posts like this quite intriguing.

Clearly you know why both these guys aren't posting, yet don't tell us why. That's fine, but they obviously have confided in you.

On so many threads it's clear you aren't happy with the way the forum is going.

Poker is a yesterday thing, but it brought us all together. Now you, Tikay, are the glue. Yet you don't update your diary, you still post plenty, but I am sure in saying we all want you to be happy doing so.

For all this thread is the most contentious, it's still the one we all read.

More than that, we all want our leader back at the helm and to hell with the dozen or so folk tearing strips off each other.

I have got more than a few on board, but until get my drift.

Peace etc.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
engy

View Profile
« Reply #21361 on: October 12, 2019, 02:00:31 AM »

Both are currently abstaining from Posting on blonde generally (not just this thread), but for very different reasons.

Clearly you know why both these guys aren't posting, yet don't tell us why. That's fine, but they obviously have confided in you.

Poker is a yesterday thing, but it brought us all together. Now you, Tikay, are the glue. Yet you don't update your diary, you still post plenty, but I am sure in saying we all want you to be happy doing so.

More than that, we all want our leader back at the helm and to hell with the dozen or so folk tearing strips off each other.

Peace etc.

As I've said I sometimes don't like your posting style but well said mate
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 02:03:02 AM by engy » Logged
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #21362 on: October 12, 2019, 07:07:45 AM »

What can Teeks do?

Surely its up to the folk posting to show respect

Polotics and religion are powerful tools and will always bring out strong views thats why this thread gets heated at times
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21363 on: October 12, 2019, 07:40:47 AM »

I get the feeling from Tikay’s post that both users are probably ‘abstaining’ after a ban. I might be wrong, ofc. But I for one always said if I got any sort of ban for a post on this topic, I’d just not post again. I get the feeling others would do the same.

Regardless, I’d like to see kuku and Mantis back.

This whole forum hasn’t got long left, be a shame if this is an even quicker start to the end.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21364 on: October 12, 2019, 08:04:29 AM »

I get the feeling from Tikay’s post that both users are probably ‘abstaining’ after a ban. I might be wrong, ofc. But I for one always said if I got any sort of ban for a post on this topic, I’d just not post again. I get the feeling others would do the same.

Regardless, I’d like to see kuku and Mantis back.

This whole forum hasn’t got long left, be a shame if this is an even quicker start to the end.

That would be off-target Aaron.

Now, let's move on please.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 08:12:03 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21365 on: October 12, 2019, 08:09:08 AM »

Peace etc.

Hi Adzy,

I'm not sure your views are shared by all & sundry, but I very much appreciate your comments.

I've been on the verge of re-starting my Diary for a while now, & hope to do so shortly.

Now, I feel bad that the thread has gone off-topic, so let's get back to Boris Brexit bollox & bants. I'm still intrigued how he is going to leave if he can't get a deal agreed. He insists we are leaving "come what may". How?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21366 on: October 12, 2019, 08:19:12 AM »

Do people think this new deal can get through? He’s left it very late in the day. I think it has a chance.
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #21367 on: October 12, 2019, 09:42:18 AM »

Peace etc.

Hi Adzy,

I'm not sure your views are shared by all & sundry, but I very much appreciate your comments.

I've been on the verge of re-starting my Diary for a while now, & hope to do so shortly.

Now, I feel bad that the thread has gone off-topic, so let's get back to Boris Brexit bollox & bants. I'm still intrigued how he is going to leave if he can't get a deal agreed. He insists we are leaving "come what may". How?

I like the idea that rather than sending the letter he reaigns as PM.  This then means corbs has 2 weeks to attempt to form a government, the fact that pretty much every party have said they will not have corbs as PM even if only for a couple weeks will make this hard.  All the while the clock is ticking down.

If by some miricale corbs forms a minority government, boris, now leader of the opposition can call a vote of no confidence & get his election.  His vote is likely to get through as said before, no one wants corbs as PM.

This then gives boris his platform for its me against parliament rhetoric and he doesn't have the embarrassment of asking for the extension. He can keep referring to the "surrender act" etc.

Once he gets a majority, he will have a mandate (and the maths) to no deal if he can't get a deal.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #21368 on: October 12, 2019, 09:47:04 AM »

Do people think this new deal can get through? He’s left it very late in the day. I think it has a chance.

Tbh, right out from the traps I never expected it to be done at any time other than the last minute. Just a shame people couldnt get behind the process to put us in a stronger position.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21369 on: October 12, 2019, 09:51:18 AM »

I like the idea that rather than sending the letter he reaigns as PM.

If only.

Problem is, there are very few senior politicians around at the moment who are fit for the role of PM, so I'm not sure how better off we would be.

Clearly Boris is something of a scoundrel, but he's not alone, is he?

Who would we like to see as PM if we don't think Boris or Jeremy are suitable?

It's impractical, of course, he's not available as such as he's not an MP, but one man does have the skillset to navigate a path through all this.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21370 on: October 12, 2019, 09:55:56 AM »

Tbh, right out from the traps I never expected it to be done at any time other than the last minute. Just a shame people couldnt get behind the process to put us in a stronger position.

It's not surprising though, half the people in the country really really don't want to do it.

The older I get, the better I was.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #21371 on: October 12, 2019, 09:57:58 AM »

Not even going to rise to the Bosses bait. He is a worse man than Trump or Boris.

My biggest concern is Boris is so determined to get us out he is agreeing to anything, and we could be in a far worse position than cutting completely free and going No Deal, where at least we know exactly where we stand.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21372 on: October 12, 2019, 10:14:18 AM »

Not even going to rise to the Bosses bait. He is a worse man than Trump or Boris.

My biggest concern is Boris is so determined to get us out he is agreeing to anything, and we could be in a far worse position than cutting completely free and going No Deal, where at least we know exactly where we stand.

Ha, was not "bait", the truth is I have no idea who our best available & suitably qualified Leader would be right now.

And yes, Boris is in such a tight corner that he's now having to agree to almost anything. I'm no expert on these things, but if the rumours are correct, he's halfway back to the proposals by Mrs May which he so ridiculed.

So, if not Boris, who would YOU choose?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21373 on: October 12, 2019, 10:16:11 AM »

PS - be great to see Tighty back here. IMO, obv.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #21374 on: October 12, 2019, 10:32:17 AM »

We wouldn't know where we stand, as we have no trading deal with our biggest trading partner.  We will have to get a deal eventually... but that one will be even harder than this, as every individual EU parliament would have a veto... so every crappy little party across the EU that holds the balance of power can then choose to screw us over for their own agenda.   Think how much fun we gave had with the DUP and think how easy that could be. 

FWIW no deal has drifted noticeably on betfair since last time I looked.  It will be interesting to see it play out.   It is going to be some balancing act with the DUP, Lib Dems, Moderate Labour MPs and the ERG all uncertain bedfellows.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 1421 1422 1423 1424 [1425] 1426 1427 1428 1429 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: