blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:39:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1422 1423 1424 1425 [1426] 1427 1428 1429 1430 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180497 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #21375 on: October 12, 2019, 11:52:25 AM »

Not even going to rise to the Bosses bait. He is a worse man than Trump or Boris.

My biggest concern is Boris is so determined to get us out he is agreeing to anything, and we could be in a far worse position than cutting completely free and going No Deal, where at least we know exactly where we stand.

We wouldn't know where we stand, as we have no trading deal with our biggest trading partner.  We will have to get a deal eventually... but that one will be even harder than this, as every individual EU parliament would have a veto... so every crappy little party across the EU that holds the balance of power can then choose to screw us over for their own agenda.   Think how much fun we gave had with the DUP and think how easy that could be. 

FWIW no deal has drifted noticeably on betfair since last time I looked.  It will be interesting to see it play out.   It is going to be some balancing act with the DUP, Lib Dems, Moderate Labour MPs and the ERG all uncertain bedfellows.

On this last point - I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal emerge with the EU as both the EU and ourselves must be better served by a deal. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the uncertain bedfellows you mention  manage to scupper it. I hope there's a deal as I think the alternatives; whether election and probable no deal or the remain side managing to get a second ref really don't feel like things I want to contemplate.

As a passing thing - I wish all the negotiations were in the tunnel of which they speak now. Seems so much more sensible than watching every twist and turn of discussions. Also hope that, if we leave with some kind of deal, that the future relationship and the many years or whatever it takes of sorting that out is relegated to minor news so we can return to some kind of normality

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #21376 on: October 12, 2019, 02:54:42 PM »

Not even going to rise to the Bosses bait. He is a worse man than Trump or Boris.

My biggest concern is Boris is so determined to get us out he is agreeing to anything, and we could be in a far worse position than cutting completely free and going No Deal, where at least we know exactly where we stand.

We wouldn't know where we stand, as we have no trading deal with our biggest trading partner.  We will have to get a deal eventually... but that one will be even harder than this, as every individual EU parliament would have a veto... so every crappy little party across the EU that holds the balance of power can then choose to screw us over for their own agenda.   Think how much fun we gave had with the DUP and think how easy that could be.  

FWIW no deal has drifted noticeably on betfair since last time I looked.  It will be interesting to see it play out.   It is going to be some balancing act with the DUP, Lib Dems, Moderate Labour MPs and the ERG all uncertain bedfellows.

On this last point - I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal emerge with the EU as both the EU and ourselves must be better served by a deal. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the uncertain bedfellows you mention  manage to scupper it. I hope there's a deal as I think the alternatives; whether election and probable no deal or the remain side managing to get a second ref really don't feel like things I want to contemplate.

As a passing thing - I wish all the negotiations were in the tunnel of which they speak now. Seems so much more sensible than watching every twist and turn of discussions. Also hope that, if we leave with some kind of deal, that the future relationship and the many years or whatever it takes of sorting that out is relegated to minor news so we can return to some kind of normality

Probably agree on theast bit.

I was just trying to get over is that no deal doesn't resolve anything, it just kicks the pain of dealmaking further into the long grass.

Woodsey, did you make it to Japan, or are you still here?   Part of me wants to experience a big typhoon or hurricane, but a bigger part of me really doesn't.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #21377 on: October 12, 2019, 03:04:29 PM »

We wouldn't know where we stand, as we have no trading deal with our biggest trading partner.  We will have to get a deal eventually... but that one will be even harder than this, as every individual EU parliament would have a veto... so every crappy little party across the EU that holds the balance of power can then choose to screw us over for their own agenda.   Think how much fun we gave had with the DUP and think how easy that could be.  

FWIW no deal has drifted noticeably on betfair since last time I looked.  It will be interesting to see it play out.   It is going to be some balancing act with the DUP, Lib Dems, Moderate Labour MPs and the ERG all uncertain bedfellows.

On this last point - I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal emerge with the EU as both the EU and ourselves must be better served by a deal. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the uncertain bedfellows you mention  manage to scupper it. I hope there's a deal as I think the alternatives; whether election and probable no deal or the remain side managing to get a second ref really don't feel like things I want to contemplate.

I was just trying to get over is that no deal doesn't resolve anything, it just kicks the pain of dealmaking further into the long grass.

Woodsey, did you make it to Japan, or are you still here?   Part of me wants to experience a big typhoon or hurricane, but a bigger part of me really doesn't.

Nope, fking everything cancelled, just on my way home from Heathrow after being due to fly out yesterday.......will be Mon at earliest before I can get on a plane I reckon 
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #21378 on: October 12, 2019, 03:18:20 PM »

Nope, fking everything cancelled, just on my way home from Heathrow after being due to fly out yesterday.......will be Mon at earliest before I can get on a plane I reckon 

Unlucky, but maybe for the best?   No rugby on, and you'd be walking through rivers full of turds?

Good luck for Monday, hope they recover from the disruption quickly.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #21379 on: October 12, 2019, 03:31:16 PM »

Unlucky, but maybe for the best?   No rugby on, and you'd be walking through rivers full of turds?

Good luck for Monday, hope they recover from the disruption quickly.

Would rather be there and hole up in my hotel tbh. 2 flights went after mine was cancelled, Japan Airlines were just being over cautious I think.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #21380 on: October 12, 2019, 03:49:11 PM »

You don't mind getting stuck out there for a few extra days, but never fun being caught before you leave.

Hope they get you on a flight Monday, Woodsey.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #21381 on: October 12, 2019, 04:05:39 PM »

You don't mind getting stuck out there for a few extra days, but never fun being caught before you leave.

Can deffo go weds, they are just delaying decisions on flights for Mon and beyond until they have sussed out the damage. If it wasn’t for the rugby and I wasn’t leaving till weds I’d probably have fked it off already tbh and changed the flight to somewhere else.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #21382 on: October 12, 2019, 04:47:55 PM »

Can deffo go weds, they are just delaying decisions on flights for Mon and beyond until they have sussed out the damage. If it wasn’t for the rugby and I wasn’t leaving till weds I’d probably have fked it off already tbh and changed the flight to somewhere else.

Ah, hopefully no more chaos and you get out on time this week.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21383 on: October 12, 2019, 07:13:56 PM »

I had read on someone’s insta story that they had their flight cancelled. They’ve been put on another flight for Monday.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #21384 on: October 12, 2019, 07:33:03 PM »

I had read on someone’s insta story that they had their flight cancelled. They’ve been put on another flight for Monday.

Possibly if you are lucky enough to be actually be able to speak to someone.....
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21385 on: October 13, 2019, 11:10:20 AM »

Let's hope they get the last minute deal they are currently in the tunnel with

interesting chart

If we're moving towards a fudged NI backstop Brexit deal with a standard UK free trade agreement Johnson's is a much HARDER Brexit than May's (but at least its not no deal)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21386 on: October 13, 2019, 11:12:12 AM »

Johnson resigned over a proposed deal he said would leave us a colony then voted against the May deal twice then voted for it then threw away the deal for another deal which was his final offer till he went back to basically the first deal.

all go!

Customs border in Irish Sea emerges as the only basis of a Brexit deal

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/customs-border-in-irish-sea-emerges-as-the-only-basis-of-a-brexit-deal-1.4046877

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21387 on: October 13, 2019, 11:13:08 AM »

Henig heard on reasonable authority that the reason PM May came round to deal over no deal was security warnings. Looks like history may be repeating itself

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21388 on: October 13, 2019, 11:14:05 AM »

that's all from me. Haven't been able to save links much this week (sighs of relief all round)

My eyes are open wide
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21389 on: October 13, 2019, 04:49:34 PM »

Get the feeling the opposition are going to curse if Boris gets a deal and it gets through (which must be close). It’ll stop them stopping Brexit, negotiating their own deal and ultimately cost them at the next election.
Pages: 1 ... 1422 1423 1424 1425 [1426] 1427 1428 1429 1430 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: