blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:39:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1424 1425 1426 1427 [1428] 1429 1430 1431 1432 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180836 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21405 on: October 15, 2019, 09:13:53 AM »

It’s very ironic that England supporters & team was pointed out with racists abuse.

Yet many leave voters voted Brexit because of the colour of their skin.

2 of my British Indian colleagues voted leave, you being the expert what is it about them being brown that made them vote leave?

Maybe Aarongry is suggesting it was the Bulgarians that voted for Brexit.  Who knows?

Just more unwelcome and unnecessary comments that have to be tolerated by all of us here, sadly.

Someone should sort it.

These random posts are often late at night, wonder if he’s on the loopy juice when he posts aka kuku style?

To be fair I did have a drink last night and can’t recall the comment.

But I find it massively hypocritical of the response last night and today. The England fans have a long history of racism & this season at domestic level we’ve seen numerous reports of racism. Not to mention calling out racism and how people perceive some leave voter.

As they say, charity starts at home.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #21406 on: October 15, 2019, 09:47:56 AM »

It’s very ironic that England supporters & team was pointed out with racists abuse.

2 of my British Indian colleagues voted leave, you being the expert what is it about them being brown that made them vote leave?

Maybe Aarongry is suggesting it was the Bulgarians that voted for Brexit.  Who knows?

Just more unwelcome and unnecessary comments that have to be tolerated by all of us here, sadly.

Someone should sort it.

These random posts are often late at night, wonder if he’s on the loopy juice when he posts aka kuku style?

But I find it massively hypocritical of the response last night and today. The England fans have a long history of racism & this season at domestic level we’ve seen numerous reports of racism. Not to mention calling out racism and how people perceive some leave voter.

I’m with Adz on this issue - you need to start reading what you have written and asking yourself if it makes sense. I’ve underlined a couple of phrases for you to look at again.

That first sentence, I agree with what I would guess are your sentiments, but I am having to guess.

The bit about how leave voters are perceived is just bollocks lad. It’s irrelevant to the point you are trying to make and well, to be honest, it’s offensive to many of us.

Charity begins at home is an oft-used phrase which is frequently used in a way that runs counter to it’s original meaning. Charity, in the original was a state of mind, not something that could be gift-aided.

Think more, write less.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #21407 on: October 15, 2019, 09:49:22 AM »

Someone should sort it.

Your generalisation that leave voters as a whole are the same as those making racist chants and nazi salutes is hypocritical Aaron.
You are doing exactly the same thing, stereotyping a group of people due to something unrelated.

A little table for you, might help;

Racists voted to leave = yes
All leave voters are racists = no
Racists voted to remain = yes
All remain voters are racists = no

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21408 on: October 15, 2019, 11:38:05 AM »

Boris Johnson insists the UK will leave the EU on October 31. But these leaked Conservative leaflets, sent to activists last week, suggest the party is preparing for a Brexit delay...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50029635

Meanwhile there was a suggestion I saw lat night that the EU governments have a greed to a 9-12 month delay if they are asked to extend

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #21409 on: October 15, 2019, 11:47:49 AM »

Just listened to a fascinating interview on 5Live with C/Katherine Gunn: she leaked an email received at GCHQ sent by the US counterparts - effectively requesting that dirt be dug on any opponents of the Iraq War.

“Grow Some Spine” is a film of the story, being released later this week.

The interview must surely make its way to iPlayer, and I strongly recommend a listen...

Sidenote: when asked what she’d say to Yo Blair (if given an opportunity), she simply replied “How DO you sleep?”
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21410 on: October 15, 2019, 12:04:22 PM »

Someone should sort it.

I wouldn’t get into the argument about my comments when you agree with the leave eu poster.

But I do enjoy you trying to get me a ban. It’s quite cute. Perhaps concentrate on you not getting another holiday.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #21411 on: October 15, 2019, 12:10:04 PM »

Someone should sort it.

I wouldn’t get into the argument about my comments when you agree with the leave eu poster.

But I do enjoy you trying to get me a ban. It’s quite cute. Perhaps concentrate on you not getting another holiday.

Its a ban of sorts when everyone appears to agree bar the Moderators, who appear more concerned about a swear word rather than intent.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21412 on: October 15, 2019, 12:14:48 PM »

Someone should sort it.

Its a ban of sorts when everyone appears to agree bar the Moderators, who appear more concerned about a swear word rather than intent.

Adz, just worry about you. I wouldn’t like to see you on holiday again. They’ll be no users left.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21413 on: October 15, 2019, 12:16:44 PM »

Guys, how about when get back on topic?

There's no shortage of Brexit news & debate with Super Saturday looming.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #21414 on: October 15, 2019, 12:21:04 PM »

Just listened to a fascinating interview on 5Live with C/Katherine Gunn: she leaked an email received at GCHQ sent by the US counterparts - effectively requesting that dirt be dug on any opponents of the Iraq War.

“Grow Some Spine” is a film of the story, being released later this week.

The interview must surely make its way to iPlayer, and I strongly recommend a listen...

Sidenote: when asked what she’d say to Yo Blair (if given an opportunity), she simply replied “How DO you sleep?”

But Blair is a war criminal the best PM in living memory.

Iraq war was the worst judgement by any PM in last 60 years, that is for sure.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 12:23:28 PM by RickBFA » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21415 on: October 15, 2019, 12:39:55 PM »

Oooh that's a good one

Suez crisis?

decision to call the Brexit referendum? (didn't have to)

both up there

My eyes are open wide
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21416 on: October 15, 2019, 12:40:30 PM »

Reading on Twitter that the talks have broken down, incidentally the day after DUP visited Downing Street.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #21417 on: October 15, 2019, 01:14:18 PM »

Deal in 2019 is 1.15 on Betfair.   People on twitter suggesting 1.01 no deal should be making fortunes...

FWIW I think laying is probably value

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #21418 on: October 15, 2019, 01:17:31 PM »

Reading on Twitter that the talks have broken down, incidentally the day after DUP visited Downing Street.

Where?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21419 on: October 15, 2019, 01:31:13 PM »

i haven't seen anything like this today

I did see

"Downing Street has declined to recognise a midnight deadline reportedly set by the European Union for a legal text to be presented in order to clinch a Brexit deal"

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/number-10-declines-acknowledge-midnight-113500285.html

logic suggests there has been modest progress after Boris pulled us back from the no deal ledge, enough to suggest that the EU would grant an extension to give more time to work out all those complicated NI customs arrangements.

Where that leaves Johnson and Cummings, an election campaign and holding off the BXP not sure anyone can claim to know with any authority

Suppose Saturday and the Parliament sitting and EU summit might provide a bit more clarity

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 1424 1425 1426 1427 [1428] 1429 1430 1431 1432 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: