blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:23:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2198512 times)
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3660 on: June 25, 2016, 08:08:37 PM »

Why can't the Remain voters just accept the result?
T
IF they had won Cameron would have been gloating about how fantastic he had been (I am a Comservative voter) and there would been none of this talk of 2nd referendum.

Accept the fact and do what Britain does best, unite and get on with it and show what a GREAT country we are.
I do personally. The petitition is over 2m now. A Amor beef appears to be the farage nhs u turn and the hannan "immigration isn't going to fall" newsnight appearance so the argument goes the vote was taken on the basis of a fraudulent campaign

Whens osbornes emergency budget?
well that was floated and quite clearly a non runner. Pretty terrible idea to suggest it, people didn't care about the economics and hated the implied threat.

Any less a lie than the one farage told? In reality osborne could do an emergency budget but farage was never going to control the money we dont send to brussels. My point was theres no justification for a new vote. Any MP that suggests they veto our vote should be sacked on the spot as they have no place representing the people.

I have no time for both Cameron and Osborne but Cameron has come out of this way better than osborne who seems to think he can just continue and noone will notice.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:10:13 PM by JohnCharver » Logged
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: June 25, 2016, 08:12:23 PM »

I guess my point is IF Remain had won it would have been a case of fuck you Leave voters and stop your crying and whinging (if there was any) but because they lost all the toys are coming out the pram.

FWIW I did vote by post and I voted remain, not that I honestly believe the result either way will really effect me as I don't see myself living in England again (never say never though ). 

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: June 25, 2016, 08:18:06 PM »

I have no time for both Cameron and Osborne but Cameron has come out of this way better than osborne who seems to think he can just continue and noone will notice.

I kind of felt like that as well. His public appearances backfired pretty badly.

Read elsewhere, though, that he was one of the few senior Tories who tried to persuade Cameron not to go down this road and then, effectively, sacrificed his career to try to save Cameron. Not sure I buy it, but there's more to it than Osborne being Osborne.

He has to carry on til a new leader picks a new Chancellor, doesn't he?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:21:17 PM by MintTrav » Logged
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: June 25, 2016, 08:24:11 PM »

My neighbour had some garden slabs stolen last night, pretty sure that would not have happened if we had voted to stay in the EU! The anarchy begins...
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: June 25, 2016, 08:24:21 PM »

T
IF they had won Cameron would have been gloating about how fantastic he had been (I am a Comservative voter) and there would been none of this talk of 2nd referendum.

Accept the fact and do what Britain does best, unite and get on with it and show what a GREAT country we are.
I do personally. The petitition is over 2m now. A Amor beef appears to be the farage nhs u turn and the hannan "immigration isn't going to fall" newsnight appearance so the argument goes the vote was taken on the basis of a fraudulent campaign

Aha, all campaigns in that case are fraudulent, none moreso than the Scottish indyref.  
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: June 25, 2016, 08:33:07 PM »

I kind of felt like that as well. His public appearances backfired pretty badly.

Read elsewhere, though, that he was one of the few senior Tories who tried to persuade Cameron not to go down this road and then, effectively, sacrificed his career to try to save Cameron. Not sure I buy it, but there's more to it than Osborne being Osborne.

He has to carry on til a new leader picks a new Chancellor, doesn't he?

Osborne to me fancied himself as next leader and knew his big rival was boris so threw everything at scaring the public into staying. He has no place in discussing something he has clear bias against, if something has basically earned you the sack would you be just itching to do a good job or would you want it to end in disaster. I dont mind him getting on with his job in the mean time, just he doesnt seem to have acknowledged his part in the remain rhetoric has left his position impossible. Hes basically steve mclaren.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: June 25, 2016, 08:33:53 PM »

https://twitter.com/jamesaknight

Go down to see the channel 4 clip on here about a donk from Barnsley explaining why he voted leave!  Comical.  Not sure how to inbed these clips onto blonde.  IF someone can do it for me cheers.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3667 on: June 25, 2016, 08:35:49 PM »

So is it actually possible that they could find an excuse to hold a second referendum and if so, what might it be?

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: June 25, 2016, 08:39:19 PM »

Interesting. It emerges that the Scottish parliament might be required to give permission for brexit

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: June 25, 2016, 08:40:48 PM »

T

I know you don't think along the lines above but it is all quite mad  - surely people are clever enough to realise that a campaign which was non partisan can't make budget promises and that a points system doesn't mean immigration will definitely fall. Gonna run and run in the worse case scenarion

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: June 25, 2016, 08:42:37 PM »

So is it actually possible that they could find an excuse to hold a second referendum and if so, what might it be?
highly unlikely but the referendum is a non binding recommendation. Can be overridden by parliamentary vote or a legal challenge but see no grounds for a legal challenge . The consequences of that for democracy would be severe though . I could see terrible implications from it, surely there would be a revolt against it from the 52%

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: June 25, 2016, 08:51:05 PM »

This....

I hope all the bitterness and bitching everywhere pipes down soon, we ARE a GREAT country and we can make it happen if we all just get on with it and make it a success. I know I'll be doing my bit.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: June 25, 2016, 08:51:25 PM »

Interesting. It emerges that the Scottish parliament might be required to give permission for brexit

Shouldnt this be like when the queen signs laws? Wouldnt not signing it be the final nail in the leave campaign for scotland as if they leave they now know what they will immediately face?
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: June 25, 2016, 08:52:03 PM »

https://twitter.com/jamesaknight

Go down to see the channel 4 clip on here about a donk from Barnsley explaining why he voted leave!  Comical.  Not sure how to inbed these clips onto blonde.  IF someone can do it for me cheers.

Saw it earlier. It's not surprise. Barnsley is a hugely racist town with a small black and European population.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: June 25, 2016, 08:53:17 PM »

There was bound to be some fallout.

I voted in but fully accept the result. For me, having studied politics seeing this level of engagement and the turnout is a huge thing even if it meant we are out. I hope this will kick start some interest in politics altho speaking to some it's crazy how little people know about our political system.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: