blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:36:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2197601 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3675 on: June 25, 2016, 08:54:34 PM »

If there were to be a 'Second bite of the cherry' referendum tomorrow, what do you think the result would be, and by what margin?

The difference, as has been pointed out, is the the Leave, had it lost, would have accepted it and carried on.

Because Leave have won, they have stopped campaigning and we forget(or not being constantly reminded of) the positives of leaving and all we have heard since are the negatives, so it would swing dissproportionally towards Remain, methinks.

Again, if we have a further referendum in the near future, there is very little point in calling ourselves a working democracy, and I would have said that if the result had been reversed.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:56:28 PM by BigAdz » Logged

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: June 25, 2016, 09:08:51 PM »

Let Scotland have their referendum again and go independent and then the Leave votes winning margin goes up by another 642,869 😉

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: June 25, 2016, 09:10:30 PM »

Wales voted to leave and then go and beat Northern Ireland who voted to remain, in the football. Ironic 😀

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: June 25, 2016, 09:14:46 PM »

This is a really good piece from The Guardian. 

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/apr/15/neoliberalism-ideology-problem-george-monbiot?CMP=share_btn_fb
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: June 25, 2016, 09:16:43 PM »

Why can't the Remain voters just accept the result?

IF they had won Cameron would have been gloating about how fantastic he had been (I am a Comservative voter) and there would been none of this talk of 2nd referendum.

Accept the fact and do what Britain does best, unite and get on with it and show what a GREAT country we are.

Farage said pre referendum if it was 52-48 to remain "it wouldn't be the end of it by a long way".

And LOL @ Britain being great. This isn't 1850 you know. We are an insignificant little dot in the Atlantic.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3680 on: June 25, 2016, 09:20:02 PM »

And LOL @ Britain being great. This isn't 1850 you know. We are an insignificant little dot in the Atlantic.

We are good at indoor cycling and quite a lot of actors from Game of Thrones are from here, so I don't know what you are getting at.
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: June 25, 2016, 09:27:23 PM »

We're the 6th biggest economy in the world, I don't know what you're talking about.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: June 25, 2016, 09:32:52 PM »

We're the 6th biggest economy in the world, I don't know what you're talking about.

We been relegated today then?  We were 5th yesterday!
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: June 25, 2016, 09:33:51 PM »

T
IF they had won Cameron would have been gloating about how fantastic he had been (I am a Comservative voter) and there would been none of this talk of 2nd referendum.

Accept the fact and do what Britain does best, unite and get on with it and show what a GREAT country we are.
I do personally. The petitition is over 2m now. A Amor beef appears to be the farage nhs u turn and the hannan "immigration isn't going to fall" newsnight appearance so the argument goes the vote was taken on the basis of a fraudulent campaign

Whens osbornes emergency budget?

You do realise the financial ramifications haven't even started to be played out here at all?  As it stands, all the delay to October is doing is giving financial services firms a bit more time to plan their move out of the UK.  Unless someone credible provides concrete plans on what is going to happen in the next two years or so and it is positive on trade terms, there will be a collapse in business confidence and investment and a recession that might move the UK's debt/deficit into crisis with the associated austerity.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: June 25, 2016, 09:35:21 PM »

France became 5th on Friday with the fall in the value of sterling assets. Seriously. We are now 6th

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: June 25, 2016, 09:35:30 PM »

One from arbs fav player

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cls-rNgXEAA_N7m.jpg

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: June 25, 2016, 09:39:29 PM »

France became 5th on Friday with the fall in the value of sterling assets. Seriously. We are now 6th

Phew thought london had got its independence there!
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: June 25, 2016, 09:48:45 PM »

T

I do personally. The petitition is over 2m now. A Amor beef appears to be the farage nhs u turn and the hannan "immigration isn't going to fall" newsnight appearance so the argument goes the vote was taken on the basis of a fraudulent campaign

Whens osbornes emergency budget?

You do realise the financial ramifications haven't even started to be played out here at all?  As it stands, all the delay to October is doing is giving financial services firms a bit more time to plan their move out of the UK.  Unless someone credible provides concrete plans on what is going to happen in the next two years or so and it is positive on trade terms, there will be a collapse in business confidence and investment and a recession that might move the UK's debt/deficit into crisis with the associated austerity.

I made no judgement on the financial impact, just pointed out osborne clearly lied on the remain side aswell- lying cant be a trigger for a revote as both sides were scandalous. I agree someone needs to step forward and get us a deal, I wish someone would do this instead of pointing fingers at eachother as we have already done it. Continual negative talk doesnt help the market confidence either?

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: June 25, 2016, 09:53:34 PM »

I fear if there is a second referendum and remain wins there will be unprecedented violence in the streets.

It would be mayhem.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: June 25, 2016, 09:56:40 PM »

Hard to believe how you can earn circa £30m in your life before 35 and be so fucking brain dead!
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: