blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:25:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272573 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2193377 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3945 on: June 26, 2016, 10:49:38 PM »

Is there a finite period for implementing A50?

If so then maybe the +EV move is to get Lord Chilcott to preside over it.

Lol

The older I get, the better I was.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: June 26, 2016, 10:50:05 PM »

I don't think so ...hence the leave argument that by taking their time they are in a better position to negotiate with an EU who want to a deal asap.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: June 26, 2016, 10:54:13 PM »

If so then maybe the +EV move is to get Lord Chilcott to preside over it.

So So Good

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: June 26, 2016, 10:54:22 PM »

How big a racism problem are we facing atm, know ppl like to make up stories at times like these or choose to be offended, but know of a couple of incidents I cant really imagine happening very often personally if not brexit related and there seems to be alot of reports about atm. How many people out there really believe we havent just chose to leave, we have chose to deport? Seems brexit has made people change what its acceptable to say/ feel confident to express their real view?

Some of the stuff I've seen on social media today has been terrible and to your last point I really hope that isn't the case..be such a vile by-product of recent events. I'm so used to being lied to during the recent months I end up wondering how much is fact and how much is ongoing campaigning - I look forward to being past being this cynical.

sola virtus nobilitat
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3949 on: June 26, 2016, 10:57:51 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: June 26, 2016, 10:59:28 PM »

The next 3+ years are going to be very rocky. I strongly believe that there will be a recession and advise people to consider fixing their mortgages for as long as possible as inflation and interest rates will start to rise. My brother recently bought a flat and he is stretched to repay the current mortgage, I have told him to prepare for a worst-case scenario of interest rates rising to 15%. It happened in the 80s and it could happen again.

For anyone worried about job security, now is a good time to take out some 0% no-fee balance transfer credit cards. This is effectively an APR-free two-year loan which you can squirrel away in a cash ISA and withdraw in two years to repay the card before the interest-free period ends. If your mortgage needs to be renewed within this 2 years be careful because they may not look fondly on this large amount sitting on a credit card.

Aren't they more likely to cut the interest rate if we go into recession?

Raising the interest rates would be to curb inflation - imported goods might push inflation up a bit, but wouldn't have thought it would be enough to outweigh the need to get people spending (?)

Out of the EU the UK can embark on actual Mugabe-style money printing with the inflationary pressures that brings.  It won't be pretty.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: June 26, 2016, 11:03:38 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Just about sums it up.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: June 26, 2016, 11:04:49 PM »

The next 3+ years are going to be very rocky. I strongly believe that there will be a recession and advise people to consider fixing their mortgages for as long as possible as inflation and interest rates will start to rise. My brother recently bought a flat and he is stretched to repay the current mortgage, I have told him to prepare for a worst-case scenario of interest rates rising to 15%. It happened in the 80s and it could happen again.

For anyone worried about job security, now is a good time to take out some 0% no-fee balance transfer credit cards. This is effectively an APR-free two-year loan which you can squirrel away in a cash ISA and withdraw in two years to repay the card before the interest-free period ends. If your mortgage needs to be renewed within this 2 years be careful because they may not look fondly on this large amount sitting on a credit card.

Raising the interest rates would be to curb inflation - imported goods might push inflation up a bit, but wouldn't have thought it would be enough to outweigh the need to get people spending (?)

Out of the EU the UK can embark on actual Mugabe-style money printing with the inflationary pressures that brings.  It won't be pretty.

The EU have done over a trillion of QE via the ECB (well will be by Sept).  They are as happy to get involved in that aspect as much as the next man!
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3953 on: June 26, 2016, 11:09:25 PM »

I think we're missing the biggest question to come out of all this.

What curry did Arbboy order?
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: June 26, 2016, 11:12:31 PM »

Yes I think inflation will rise because (as you say) imported goods will cost more, as will petrol which is priced in $. In the long term services will also cost more as well as immigration declines/the cheap workers choose to go somewhere more welcoming. It'll probably cost twice the amount to get your cash washed in a few years!

Essentially, not only are you giving yourself some rainy-day 'savings' by taking out the credit card, inflation eats away at the real value of debt. When the rate of inflation is positive, any debts you have decrease in value.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: June 26, 2016, 11:16:53 PM »

I think we're missing the biggest question to come out of all this.

What curry did Arbboy order?

his insides bias?
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: June 26, 2016, 11:18:27 PM »

Yes I think inflation will rise because (as you say) imported goods will cost more, as will petrol which is priced in $. In the long term services will also cost more as well as immigration declines/the cheap workers choose to go somewhere more welcoming. It'll probably cost twice the amount to get your cash washed in a few years!

Essentially, not only are you giving yourself some rainy-day 'savings' by taking out the credit card, inflation eats away at the real value of debt. When the rate of inflation is positive, any debts you have decrease in value.

Hard to take financial advice serious from a man who washes his cash
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3957 on: June 26, 2016, 11:19:01 PM »

"We who agreed with this majority decision must accept that it was not entirely overwhelming"

Boris Johnson.

The older I get, the better I was.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: June 26, 2016, 11:23:29 PM »

Totally irrelevant discussion about my order,  people love an order on blonde though. But it's usually nandos.  My order is standard

Chicken tikka naga chilli, mushroom rice, garlic naan and non EU sag aloo!  Spinach comes from outside the EU I am told.  Few (lost count) bottles of Bangla beer.  You will never drink cobra or king fisher again if you try this stuff. Just got the bill was £38 or 45 euros.  
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 11:26:11 PM by arbboy » Logged
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: June 26, 2016, 11:24:03 PM »

How big a racism problem are we facing atm, know ppl like to make up stories at times like these or choose to be offended, but know of a couple of incidents I cant really imagine happening very often personally if not brexit related and there seems to be alot of reports about atm. How many people out there really believe we havent just chose to leave, we have chose to deport? Seems brexit has made people change what its acceptable to say/ feel confident to express their real view?

My wife is a Sister at a large Middle England Hospital and she informs me that many of the nurses, most of whom are foreign are worried about their jobs. I asked why they are here in the first place? She told me that the Spanish and Portuguese and Italians are here because work conditions are so much better. At home they work 5 /6 days weeks/12 hour shifts/no holiday pay. Better pay over here etc.

I asked why so few UK nurses. Oh there are plenty out there, but all work for agencies, and the rates are so much better.

I suspect there are many like me that are concerned about the numbers coming in, its not about racism, certainly for me, but whilst we don't manage things correctly and make our conditions so much more favourable than other EU countries, what do we expect, especially if our home grown can pick and choose.

This is one of the things I never understood about the remain campaign. They were saying that the EU has given us better workers rights and fair pay so how come it's different in other EU Countries? Do they just get to ignore the rules when they don't suit?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: