blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:13:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272575 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 879 880 881 882 [883] 884 885 886 887 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2193978 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13230 on: July 09, 2018, 03:50:22 PM »

incredible work by bbc subtitles team

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13231 on: July 09, 2018, 04:38:55 PM »

'Andrea Jenkyns, a Tory Brexiter says she has received hundreds of emails from people disappointed by the Chequers plan'

Even more importantly, I understand she has received several PMs as well.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #13232 on: July 09, 2018, 04:40:35 PM »

(((Dan Hodges)))

Verified account

@DPJHodges

I’ve seen some political strokes in my time. But Boris resignation tops the lot. Delivers passionate speech telling Cabinet to back May on Friday evening. Stabs her in the back on Monday. All because he’s terrified DD has got the jump on him over the leadership. Quite amazing.

--

For Boris, always career over country....

Boris is a total scumbag. Fucking disgrace.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13233 on: July 09, 2018, 04:56:50 PM »

'Andrea Jenkyns, a Tory Brexiter says she has received hundreds of emails from people disappointed by the Chequers plan'

Grin

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #13234 on: July 09, 2018, 06:11:47 PM »

brexit means...

The mess the country is in just now, is there any possibility or appetite for a further referendum on leaving eu?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13235 on: July 09, 2018, 06:48:51 PM »

Haha..people have such long memories here

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13236 on: July 09, 2018, 06:51:34 PM »

We need John Redwood in to sort this mess out

sola virtus nobilitat
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13237 on: July 09, 2018, 06:55:09 PM »

He’s the only moderately high profile Tory I’ve ever met, me and my girlfriend were lost in the HoC, he couldn’t have been nicer. Dreadful politics of course but he was a very likeable HoC tour guide.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13238 on: July 09, 2018, 07:00:54 PM »

He’s the only moderately high profile Tory I’ve ever met, me and my girlfriend were lost in the HoC, he couldn’t have been nicer. Dreadful politics of course but he was a very likeable HoC tour guide.

Good to hear and really not at all surprised. Like a lot of these older, back bench, politicians..I may not always like their politics but they seem more authentic  than most who hold office

sola virtus nobilitat
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #13239 on: July 09, 2018, 09:34:43 PM »

Can someone give me an unbiased view on what may or may not be expected to happen in the forthcoming months? I'm completely ignorant of UK politics these days (and a lot happier shall I say!).

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #13240 on: July 09, 2018, 09:38:38 PM »

Whilst I recognise this is the end of the world I am still wrestling with my abject positivity about the whole ordeal. It's like we've known for-ever what a shit shower politicians are and Brexit is the perfect storm that demonstrates it clearly. It's like a forest fire burning down all the old dead bushes or when your hapless football team gets relegated so they can come back stronger.

We caught a glimpse of it during the expenses scandal but Brexit has exposed the incompetence and the self-serving like a shining belisha beacon. Whichever way you lean on politics none of us can deny the sheer fuck-wittery of politicians from all sides, including the hideous, threatening euro versions. I do however reserve special indignation for Labour and JC because that scruff-bag is leader of the opposition and yet opposes nothing. What an opportunity for effective opposition to shine through and what an ineffectual performance.

Remain standing on the side-lines rubbing hands with glee at the demise have startled me throughout but a few resignations from incompetent cabinet dinosaurs doesn't mean concerns of the people regarding Europe are suddenly groundless. When we win the world cup all will be well but looks like we won't have a cabinet by then.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13241 on: July 09, 2018, 09:47:18 PM »

It’s comedy that you think that the people who are f***king nearly everything up aren’t as bad as the people who are not stopping them. Seems to me that maybe....f***ing something up is worse than not stopping someone f***ing up. It’s another bizarre piece of thinking.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #13242 on: July 09, 2018, 09:55:19 PM »

I think JC's outfits are comedy. Man needs to see a tailor. Probably one of those Turkish barber types as well.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13243 on: July 10, 2018, 09:52:53 AM »

Written by a friend of mine on Facebook.  Brilliant.

"A Conservative party re-shuffle is akin to shuffling 2 entirely separate packs of cards, where all high value cards have been removed and replaced with an excess of jokers. Hearts are missing.

To take the analogy further, one card is all screwed up and distorted to not even be recognisable as a card (Gove) and another is entirely blank but still manages to keep in the pack despite being utterly pointless in the game (Hunt).

Then to take this stupid analogy even further you think that you might go somewhere else to find a more useful pack of cards , but then realise that the only other available pack is no use either because the owner of the pack has thrown out all the non red cards and many of the high value cards too."

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #13244 on: July 10, 2018, 09:57:22 AM »

England team have world on their side as political order collapses back home.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/jul/09/england-team-world-on-side-political-turmoil-world-cup?CMP=share_btn_tw

Leaving a sinking ship can be the right thing to do, by a rat

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/leaving-a-sinking-ship-can-be-the-right-thing-to-do-by-a-rat-20180710175149 ,

And on a more serios note, Aaron Banks team only met the Russians 11 times before investing all their his money in Leave.EU

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jul/08/revealed-leaveeu-campaign-met-russian-officials-as-many-as-11-times

Brexit has played out so well for the Russians, you'd think they'd be taking more credit for it. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 879 880 881 882 [883] 884 885 886 887 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: