blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:08:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 977 978 979 980 [981] 982 983 984 985 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2199175 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14700 on: October 19, 2018, 08:59:33 PM »

This thread has gone right downhill today.

It's like when Hulk Hogan and Macho Man Randy Savage made up.

:-)

I find almost everything the two of them write offensive, so I doubt it’ll last. It’s more like football in ‘no mans land’ on Christmas Day than Hulk and Randy.

Offensive? C’mon man don’t be the snowflake you’re sometimes accused of being........

Sure if I called you an utter c**t that’s offensive, but it’s just a differerent political opinion? C’mon mate......

haha. I mean what you say about others is offensive, I couldn’t be offended by anything you say about me.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #14701 on: October 19, 2018, 09:01:58 PM »

I find almost everything the two of them write offensive, so I doubt it’ll last. It’s more like football in ‘no mans land’ on Christmas Day than Hulk and Randy.

Offensive? C’mon man don’t be the snowflake you’re sometimes accused of being........

Sure if I called you an utter c**t that’s offensive, but it’s just a differerent political opinion? C’mon mate......

haha. I mean what you say about others is offensive, I couldn’t be offended by anything you say about me.

Better just drop the snowflake terminology all together imo.....people hear the word offensive far too often and most just roll their eyes these days....
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14702 on: October 19, 2018, 09:09:18 PM »

Better just drop the snowflake terminology all together imo.....people hear the word offensive far too often and most just roll their eyes these days....

Yeah, there won’t be any limits on language. Words that intend to offend will always be called ‘offensive’.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #14703 on: October 19, 2018, 09:13:47 PM »

Yeah, there won’t be any limits on language. Words that intend to offend will always be called ‘offensive’.

I refer you to the honourable Stephen Fry, he is spot on.......he saw it early, just whining nothing more.

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what."
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14704 on: October 19, 2018, 09:25:20 PM »

I refer you to the honourable Stephen Fry, he is spot on.......he saw it early, just whining nothing more.

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what."

I think it’s a little out of context (he is surely talking about people who don’t define what offends them) but a good shout nonetheless. Looks like we’re back to the well trodden path of pointing out why nearly everything you write is dumb and not thought through (please refer to everything I’ve ever posted itt)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #14705 on: October 19, 2018, 09:42:12 PM »

I think it’s a little out of context (he is surely talking about people who don’t define what offends them) but a good shout nonetheless. Looks like we’re back to the well trodden path of pointing out why nearly everything you write is dumb and not thought through (please refer to everything I’ve ever posted itt)

No he’s talking about whiners like you who pull the offence card for little or no reason.

Glad you called me dumb though, always makes me feel good that even a dumb arse like me can be successful, maybe you should try and direct that attitude to some of the people you feel we should pay more taxes to suppprt. After all if dumb people like me can be taught to support themselves then its a win/win for everyone and less of a burden on society.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #14706 on: October 19, 2018, 10:08:49 PM »

Woodsey is right. Positive people that look for the opportunity in situations succeed in life. The negative people are usually failures.

Common sense when you think about it.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #14707 on: October 19, 2018, 10:16:49 PM »

Woodsey is right. Positive people that look for the opportunity in situations succeed in life. The negative people are usually failures.

Common sense when you think about it.

Nah, I’m just a dumbo mate, I know nothing about life 
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14708 on: October 19, 2018, 10:20:37 PM »

No he’s talking about whiners like you who pull the offence card for little or no reason.

Glad you called me dumb though, always makes me feel good that even a dumb arse like me can be successful, maybe you should try and direct that attitude to some of the people you feel we should pay more taxes to suppprt. After all if dumb people like me can be taught to support themselves then its a win/win for everyone and less of a burden on society.

First sentence again.

I think nationalism is a dangerous thing. I guess ‘offence’ is the wrong word for the way I feel about it. I think the way that you think is something that needs to be eliminated, hopefully through education.

The whole ‘dumb’ thing is tricky. It’s kind of easy to make money from a privileged start, it doesn’t make you a success. I’d be pleased if you’re happy with with who you are though, being happy is all that really matters. I guess it might be a while until looking after each other is widely considered more important than looking after ourselves (which should be easy, usually.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #14709 on: October 19, 2018, 10:28:53 PM »

Glad to have helped.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #14710 on: October 19, 2018, 10:37:58 PM »

First sentence again.

I think nationalism is a dangerous thing. I guess ‘offence’ is the wrong word for the way I feel about it. I think the way that you think is something that needs to be eliminated, hopefully through education.

The whole ‘dumb’ thing is tricky. It’s kind of easy to make money from a privileged start, it doesn’t make you a success. I’d be pleased if you’re happy with with who you are though, being happy is all that really matters. I guess it might be a while until looking after each other is widely considered more important than looking after ourselves (which should be easy, usually.

There is nothing tricky about the ‘dumb’ thing, you are either a condescending twat or you aren’t.......your decision.

My parents were the skintest of skint farmers, wtf are you talking about privelidged? Sure they did ok eventually due to working their arse off for 30 years (no reliance on the state) but I was the only person in my very large family to go to uni......

And yes I want to look after my wife and baby way before anyone else. If you don’t like that then tough shit pal.......

But enough about me, tell me about your upbringing and life and how you formed your opinions?

P.s. Don’t know what your nationalism comment has got to do with any of it, feels very random.....
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 10:42:10 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #14711 on: October 19, 2018, 10:39:29 PM »

Glad to have helped.

No probs buddy, happy to share with you as you are a decent guy that respects all opinions  Smiley
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14712 on: October 19, 2018, 11:48:49 PM »

Glad to have helped.

Out of the Mantis school of helping (the forum) though :-), almost indistinguishable from trolling.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14713 on: October 20, 2018, 09:00:39 AM »

Very rare intervention from Chairman of Toyota on behalf of all Japanese car co's here re rising No Deal Brexit risk:

“suspended production activities resulting from failed just-in-time logistics operations, declines in revenue, and revised vehicle sales prices”

http://www.jama-english.jp/release/comment/2018/181019.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14714 on: October 20, 2018, 09:01:13 AM »

political editor

"The overwhelming consensus I’ve picked up in Brussels is that the ball is totally in the UK’s court. Senior EU source: “We’ve done all we can. It’s take it or leave it as far as we are concerned.” There’s also strong belief that May has already lost the DUP, will need Labour MPs."

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 977 978 979 980 [981] 982 983 984 985 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: