blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:41:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 992 993 994 995 [996] 997 998 999 1000 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180762 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #14925 on: November 08, 2018, 09:59:54 AM »

The thread doesn’t specifically need Tighty, it needs people with the ability to enter into a debate.

I’ve not bothered posting for a while because it feels utterly pointless. The regular posters have dug in to their positions and have no real interest in altering them.

I’ve typed and deleted way too much on this post. I’ll leave it with this thought

The biggest scandal in UK poker of recent years has generated a lot of conversation, filled Facebook groups and 2p2 and yet it has two posts here. If Blonde isn’t debating that then why are we surprised that the post counts are down overall?

I'm not sure we are surprised that post counts are down.

My argument is that when TightEnd was posting  this was a busy thread, now that he isn't it's not.

I agree that his posts were one sided, but so what, it's his opinion and he has no obligation to anyone.

I do think he needs to be a bit more thick skinned about it though.

If someone said the sky was blue Mantis would disagree, that's what he does, it's part of his charm and probably also the reason that Brad got the best job.

Got to agree.

Surely holding the position Tighty does here, he owes Blonde a thicker skin to keep the thing going.

There is no hate in any posts, strong opinions, yes, but such an emmotive subject will generate strong opinions and a few digs here and there.

Even those with the same views as Tighty have agreed the posts are one sided. Its inevitable, but better that than nothing.

For me, I learn more hear than anything I hear on the box.

As Delia would say......lets be 'aving you ......

For the record, I didn't say he owes blonde anything

I didn't say you did....for the record....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14926 on: November 08, 2018, 10:22:26 AM »

Why do shepherds delight?

Red sky at night. Shepherd's delight. Blue sky at night. Day.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14927 on: November 08, 2018, 10:28:53 AM »

Why should Tighty have to be more thick skinned about it?  What would that achieve for him?

He doesn't have to be more thick skinned about it but if he wants to post opinions that some people don't agree with he will have to accept a certain amount of dissent.

If he no longer wants to post those opinions that's perfectly fine too.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #14928 on: November 08, 2018, 10:30:39 AM »

Tighty was mostly posting links from various sources most of which I found interesting to some degree

Anyway nothing to stop someone else taking the thread on or back to the glory days

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14929 on: November 08, 2018, 10:31:57 AM »

The thread doesn’t specifically need Tighty, it needs people with the ability to enter into a debate.

I’ve not bothered posting for a while because it feels utterly pointless. The regular posters have dug in to their positions and have no real interest in altering them.

I’ve typed and deleted way too much on this post. I’ll leave it with this thought

The biggest scandal in UK poker of recent years has generated a lot of conversation, filled Facebook groups and 2p2 and yet it has two posts here. If Blonde isn’t debating that then why are we surprised that the post counts are down overall?

I'm not sure we are surprised that post counts are down.

My argument is that when TightEnd was posting  this was a busy thread, now that he isn't it's not.

I agree that his posts were one sided, but so what, it's his opinion and he has no obligation to anyone.

I do think he needs to be a bit more thick skinned about it though.

If someone said the sky was blue Mantis would disagree, that's what he does, it's part of his charm and probably also the reason that Brad got the best job.

Got to agree.

Surely holding the position Tighty does here, he owes Blonde a thicker skin to keep the thing going.

There is no hate in any posts, strong opinions, yes, but such an emmotive subject will generate strong opinions and a few digs here and there.

Even those with the same views as Tighty have agreed the posts are one sided. Its inevitable, but better that than nothing.

For me, I learn more hear than anything I hear on the box.

As Delia would say......lets be 'aving you ......

For the record, I didn't say he owes blonde anything

I didn't say you did....for the record....

You quoted me and said you agreed with me and then went on to paraphrase what I said.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14930 on: November 08, 2018, 10:34:07 AM »

I'm not sure paraphrase is the right word here, I think misrepresent is better.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #14931 on: November 08, 2018, 10:51:40 AM »

The intention, as you probably already know, was not to misrepresent you.

Sorry if you took offence.....which I am probably sure you didnt....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14932 on: November 08, 2018, 11:19:18 AM »

Of course I didn't, and I never for one moment thought there was any intent. It's just that I have always had a bee in my bonnet about being misunderstood or misinterpreted.

Anyway, just bants, it's all good.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #14933 on: November 08, 2018, 04:45:04 PM »

Of course I didn't, and I never for one moment thought there was any intent. It's just that I have always had a bee in my bonnet about being misunderstood or misinterpreted.

Anyway, just bants, it's all good.

I’m not sure what you mean by this...

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #14934 on: November 08, 2018, 05:30:52 PM »

I put that thread up and it got one reply.

Was a bit surprised by that.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #14935 on: November 08, 2018, 06:34:12 PM »

Is this about the party poker/BRS thing ?

I don't think there are many hardcore poker players left here. Though I still play occasionally, Poker seems like a really boring subject to talk about. When I look back I'm amazed I ever spent any time talking about it. I miss the times when the shared common hobby or interest brought hundreds of interesting people through this door though. Historically, I have  much enjoyed the level and range of discussions here when compared to current social media and other forums in the past.

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #14936 on: November 08, 2018, 06:38:46 PM »

There is a huge thread on 2plus2 on not the biggest scandal in UK poker in recent years.   Sure people can vent there if they need to.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #14937 on: November 08, 2018, 09:13:49 PM »

There is a huge thread on 2plus2 on not the biggest scandal in UK poker in recent years.   Sure people can vent there if they need to.  

Yep, I put that link on my post.

Not commenting on the rights or wrongs, just surprising that on a poker forum it gets almost zero interest.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #14938 on: November 09, 2018, 10:26:53 AM »

First few pages of this thread are really good imo

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #14939 on: November 09, 2018, 10:50:43 AM »

First few pages of this thread are really good imo

including several contributions from the nirvantz, cough.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 992 993 994 995 [996] 997 998 999 1000 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: