blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:10:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 993 994 995 996 [997] 998 999 1000 1001 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180693 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #14940 on: November 09, 2018, 10:51:27 AM »

Interesting take on May & leadership https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/08/opinion/theresa-may-brexit-politics.html

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #14941 on: November 09, 2018, 11:50:06 AM »

The thread doesn’t specifically need Tighty, it needs people with the ability to enter into a debate.

I’ve not bothered posting for a while because it feels utterly pointless. The regular posters have dug in to their positions and have no real interest in altering them.

I’ve typed and deleted way too much on this post. I’ll leave it with this thought

The biggest scandal in UK poker of recent years has generated a lot of conversation, filled Facebook groups and 2p2 and yet it has two posts here. If Blonde isn’t debating that then why are we surprised that the post counts are down overall?

I put that thread up and it got one reply.

Was a bit surprised by that.

It got deleted didn't it? I saw it and looked at the 2p2 thread. I came back to Blonde to post my thoughts but the thread had gone.

I guessed that it was the usual Blonde not wanting to upset DTD thing that made one of the mods get rid of it.

Seemed like it would be great thread to generate some talk but we don't like to upset people around here you know.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #14942 on: November 09, 2018, 11:59:05 AM »

First few pages of this thread are really good imo

including several contributions from the nirvantz, cough.

Haha. So transparent

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14943 on: November 09, 2018, 11:59:56 AM »

The thread doesn’t specifically need Tighty, it needs people with the ability to enter into a debate.

I’ve not bothered posting for a while because it feels utterly pointless. The regular posters have dug in to their positions and have no real interest in altering them.

I’ve typed and deleted way too much on this post. I’ll leave it with this thought

The biggest scandal in UK poker of recent years has generated a lot of conversation, filled Facebook groups and 2p2 and yet it has two posts here. If Blonde isn’t debating that then why are we surprised that the post counts are down overall?

It got deleted didn't it? I saw it and looked at the 2p2 thread. I came back to Blonde to post my thoughts but the thread had gone.

I guessed that it was the usual Blonde not wanting to upset DTD thing that made one of the mods get rid of it.

Seemed like it would be great thread to generate some talk but we don't like to upset people around here you know.

Hi Matt,

No, the Mods never touched it, it was never deleted, edited, removed or curtailed in any way, and it's still there, several people have posted on it this morning.

It's here;

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=68283.0

Click to see full-size image.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 12:55:05 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #14944 on: November 09, 2018, 01:18:56 PM »

Hi Matt,

No, the Mods never touched it, it was never deleted, edited, removed or curtailed in any way, and it's still there, several people have posted on it this morning.

It's here;

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=68283.0

Click to see full-size image.

I'll get back in my box then 

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #14945 on: November 10, 2018, 11:42:01 AM »

Thoughts on a second referendum?

Odds drifting if thats anything to go by!

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/brexit/2nd-eu-referendum
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14946 on: November 10, 2018, 12:02:03 PM »

Thoughts on a second referendum?

Odds drifting if thats anything to go by!

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/brexit/2nd-eu-referendum

Is it even possible to have a second referendum without causing riots or calls for a best of three?

The older I get, the better I was.
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #14947 on: November 10, 2018, 01:54:25 PM »

I think the only way you can have a 2nd referendum is if remaining is not one of the options. The country voted leave two years ago and the country hasn’t collapsed into a deep recession, so we have to leave. If we want to join back in a generation’s time then we can have another vote then.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14948 on: November 10, 2018, 02:09:08 PM »

I think the only way you can have a 2nd referendum is if remaining is not one of the options. The country voted leave two years ago and the country hasn’t collapsed into a deep recession, so we have to leave. If we want to join back in a generation’s time then we can have another vote then.

What would the question be in a leave/leave referendum?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #14949 on: November 11, 2018, 08:45:48 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/11/brexit-whistleblower-shahmir-sanni-taxpayers-alliance-concedes-it-launched-smears

This has been bubbling under for a while.  Some would say that given the secrecy about their funding, the non-taxpayers alliance could be a more accurate term.   There is a list of linked lobbyists in there that will help your cynicism when their names appear on the TV. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #14950 on: November 11, 2018, 08:57:37 AM »

Deal(s) or No Deal
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14951 on: November 11, 2018, 09:26:28 AM »

Deal(s) or No Deal

Seems like an unnecessary risk to put that question to a group of people who mostly have no clue what they’re doing on this subject. Is there an upside to asking that question?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14952 on: November 11, 2018, 05:10:35 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-46168105
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #14953 on: November 13, 2018, 05:08:22 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46188790

She has a draft deal.

Looks like crunch time.

Could be a fun few days ahead.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #14954 on: November 13, 2018, 07:48:59 PM »

Incred, politicians of many hues dismiss the deal before reading it.

What a farkin shower they all are

Tweet from Matt Warman, MP

The capacity of MPs to be enraged about an EU deal they haven’t read is as disappointing as it is unsurprising. Cool heads in the national interest might be more appropriate.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 07:50:30 PM by nirvana » Logged

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 993 994 995 996 [997] 998 999 1000 1001 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: